• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I dont know if this has already been posted but you have to know it's serious if this guy gives up on a manager.

Couldn't even muster up...

"The rain took Mikel's focus away from the match, and onto his hair...weather holding us back again Robbie!"

...you know it's over for my boy Arteta now 😪

Makavelii

We were dropping at an alarming rate. There was NO reason to think Wenger was ever turning it around, just like there;s no reason to think Mikel will.
Reason to think he would turn it around: He’s an incredible manager with a consistent record.
We all know Wengers quality means we would’ve been doing a lot better than we are with other managers.

benjamin86

Established Member

This is it. Why would you keep someone in the job when all the evidence points to him being rubbish and the only positives are things which might happen in the future. It would be complete lunacy if he’s in charge at the start of next season.
I think he's been put in a **** position too, the owners got rid of Sanllehi and didn't replace him. Replacing him with an experienced DoF when you have an inexperienced coach and Edu (who has 5 years experience at club level as a technical director?) should have been top of the list. And an experienced DoF probably could have helped Arteta recruit better coaches to work with?

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
We were dropping at an alarming rate. There was NO reason to think Wenger was ever turning it around, just like there;s no reason to think Mikel will.
Throw consistency and lack of investment out the window and you might have a point about Arsène

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The last result I had down for tonight was 0-0--the WORST result--which is why I should have put £100 on at something like 8/1, because that's what this season has been like. I bet Emery didnt even see that as a possibility, despite setting up to to smother and disrupt primarily, and probably thought he'd have to score at least once.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Throw consistency and lack of investment out the window and you might have a point about Arsène

In the middle years yes. After 2013 however Arsène spent around £400M and we went nowhere.

His time had come to go, it isnt that difficult to grasp. We just failed miserably at replacing him.

You dont just want your ex back now because she was better in bed than your current girlfriend.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We might as well let Per manage the last 4 games. And to think Vinai crept in under cover of darkness to sign this loser. This stint will end his career before its started. Don't let him completely ruin the club

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think he's been put in a **** position too, the owners got rid of Sanllehi and didn't replace him. Replacing him with an experienced DoF when you have an inexperienced coach and Edu (who has 5 years experience at club level as a technical director?) should have been top of the list. And an experienced DoF probably could have helped Arteta recruit better coaches to work with?

They let him pick his own coaches. Not many coaches are going to accept a job and then have you pick their assistants. Arteta decided to pick a dinosaur who worked with Moyes and Allardyce and van Gaal’s assistant. It’s no surprise we play ****, ineffective football with that coaching setup and it probably says more about Arteta’s philosophy than all his big talk about wanting to play attacking football.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
In the middle years yes. After 2013 however Arsène spent around £400M and we went nowhere.

His time had come to go, it isnt that difficult to grasp. We just failed miserably at replacing him.

You dont just want your ex back now because she was better in bed than your current girlfriend.
Context please.

The investment during the Wenger years is known worldwide to have been horrid in comparison to competitors.

I mean, it's common sense. If I've been doing x for a number of years and only once did I fail at doing x, logic dictates a high likelihood that I would go back to doing x.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I'm not sure what's worse. Losing tonight or @Makingtrax saying his entertainment was watching us getting battered in big matches and not making it past the last 16 of the CL.

Absolute embarrassment on all levels.
At least Wenger earned that right to play in the CL and get battered there.
The clowns Josh, Vinai, Arteta and Edu were hoping to get into the Super League to profit from Wenger's job for 20 years but got ****ed, lovely stuff.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Context please.

The investment during the Wenger years is known worldwide to have been horrid in comparison to competitors.

I mean, it's common sense. If I've been doing x for a number of years and only once did I fail at doing x, logic dictates a high likelihood that I would go back to doing x.

In the wenger years as a whole, yes. However from 2013-2018 the spend was large. However point tally almost always stayed around the same area.

In those 5 years having spent £400M a title challenging squad should've been built. He failed, sadly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Makingtrax please break down the Arsenal's spend compared to competitors.

For **** sake it doesn't matter. A competitor can outspend us, but over a number of years you should be able to build a title challenging squad.

Look at how Klopp did it, didn't spend nearly as much as competitors but over 3/4 years spent enough to build a title challenging squad.

Wenger failed at this, the nail in the coffin being in the Leicester title winning season which is where everything should've come together for us but it didn't.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom