• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

benjamin86

Established Member
They let him pick his own coaches. Not many coaches are going to accept a job and then have you pick their assistants. Arteta decided to pick a dinosaur who worked with Moyes and Allardyce and van Gaal’s assistant. It’s no surprise we play ****, ineffective football with that coaching setup and it probably says more about Arteta’s philosophy than all his big talk about wanting to play attacking football.
As a new manager i wouldn't imagine Arteta knows that many coaches? His contacts were probably limited? But with a good DoF he'd have a file of cvs/numbers etc of 100's of coaches and be able to set up a bunch of interviews for Arteta of people they know as good?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Some posters going out sad right now instead of just holding up their hands :lol: We all get things wrong, better to just take a break from the forum if you can't deal with it instead of trying to make these lame spin attempts lol, there is nothing anyone can say to justify this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Some posters going out sad right now instead of just holding up their hands :lol: We all get things wrong, better to just take a break from the forum if you can't deal with it instead of trying to make these lame spin attempts lol, there is nothing anyone can say to justify this.

I haven't seen one person here say Arteta should stay after tonight's display.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

It's still the players fault apparently... :clown:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Reason to think he would turn it around: He’s an incredible manager with a consistent record.
We all know Wengers quality means we would’ve been doing a lot better than we are with other managers.
He WAS an incredible manager. His time had come to an end. A lot of people just dont want to admit it. Had we accepted it earlier we could have gotten Klopp when he was available.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
In the wenger years as a whole, yes. However from 2013-2018 the spend was large. However point tally almost always stayed around the same area.

In those 5 years having spent £400M a title challenging squad should've been built. He failed, sadly.
Where did you get those figures? A breakdown would be nice and I'd also look at 2013-2015 separately from 2016-2018. Auba aside, the last two years was on Gazidis imo.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He WAS an incredible manager. His time had come to an end. A lot of people just dont want to admit it. Had we accepted it earlier we could have gotten Klopp when he was available.
Not sure Klopp would have done so well here. He got a £200m windfall from the owners. Kroenke is being praised for a £45m loan after 10 years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Where did you get those figures? A breakdown would be nice and I'd also look at 2013-2015 separately from 2016-2018. Auba aside, the last two years was on Gazidis imo.

13/14 - £45M
14/15 - £107M
15/16 - £23M
16/17 - £101M
17/18 - £137M

Figures taken from transfermarkt. Even if you were to look at it separately -

Chambers, Debuchy, Welbeck, Ospina, Bielik and Gabriel were signed for £70M.

We had a fantastic opportunity to build a title challenging side around Alexis, Özil, Santi, Ramsey etc and completely blew it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I refuse to believe the players trust the process after seeing countless performances like that this season. That wouldn't make any sense. I dont mind seeing players take responsibility from time to time to deflect some flack from their manager because that takes guts and maturity. But I don't want to see a situation where they're just covering for him and beating themselves up in public, because that wont help either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s no use, I close my eyes and see Arteta.

There’s no escape.

tenor.gif

...solved it for ya, mate!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I refuse to believe the players trust the process after seeing countless performances like that this season. That wouldn't make any sense. I dont mind seeing players take responsibility from time to time to deflect some flack from their manager because that takes guts and maturity. But I don't want to see a situation where they're just covering for him and beating themselves up in public, because that wont help either.
Pretty sure Arteta has threatened them into this united front facade. Özil wouldn't play the game...I can't wait for the tales that come out after Arteta leaves.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom