• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We should raid Stuttgart and get all of their hot properties: Sven, Mangala, Wamangituka*, Kalajdzic. We also have our insider there in Mavro too :)

Surely @Toby Andrl approves of this :)

I don't. But the whole model, similar to brand building models as Hoffenheim and Red Bull, is not the worst to copy, especiall as Arsenal aren't under any immediate pressure to gain CL anymore. Imagine a clear out, new exciting prospect with pedigree as manager, new DoF, Wenger as advisor, going out publicly before the season to say they try to bring back the legacy developing young players, playing modern, fast, active and attractive football, trying to build something longterm and sustainable again. And then this team plays exactly such football, maybe comes 7th, 6th, everything would be fine and imo even the public would be favourbale to that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just slap the money down for Olise, Tomiyasu, Eduoard and Tchouameni.

Hire Brendan and Mitchell. Simple.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed, but the Kroenke's making proactive clever decisions? That's the big stumbling block.
If they don't any Arsenal fan who cares about the club shouldn't be buying tickets. Boycott games. You cant not watch the team it's too hard. It's routine for us. But go to the pub and watch it. Imagine opening day of the season and a 60,000 seater stadium empty (when/if fans are allowed back) not a single home fan there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't wait until Daniel takes over, and Thierry is made manager...then we will be great again :drool:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Is Nuno out of the question here because of Wolves' bad season, which is in.part due to bad injuries? Wouldn't be an exciting replacement but probably could take us forwards from a low point. At his best he has good balance with progressive football also.
He was out of the question even Wolves were good. Plays **** football imo, and his hand has been held by Mendes at Wolves with all these Portuguese speaking players. I don’t think he does well at a big club.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Genuine question, although it would've seemed utterly insane not long ago: If you had the option to replace Arteta with Moyes this summer, would you do it?

Honestly think his track record of relative stability in terms of league performance would be somewhat attractive to your owners. He's never really had proper backing at a big club, and his only shot was taking over from Ferguson which was always going to be a borderline impossible task to do to a satisfactory level. Give him more resources than he's worked with historically (which isn't much, our squad is basically a collection of bargain bin signings) and he'll at the very least raise the floor enough to remain competitive in the league.

Think he could do a great job with your current squad tbh. Players like Pepe, Saka and Martinelli would be absolutely lethal in his system, but you'd have to accept a simpler style of play that is, quite frankly, miles away from Wengerball.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You’d pick Arsenal over Sp**s, just because of the size of the club. But you’d fancy Sp**s to convince a manager to choose them, Levy is simply levels ahead of Vinai/Edu and would ‘sell’ the club to them.

We need to throw the lot at Rodgers.

I'll take Rodgers over Potter or Howe, but he would be a fool to come to us now.

Conte still my first choice. He has the ego to look at a floundering Arsenal and say: "No problem, I can fix them, and it will be my glory". And he is the one man available right now that I actually believe can save us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'll take Rodgers over Potter or Howe, but he would be a fool to come to us now.

Conte still my first choice. He has the ego to look at a floundering Arsenal and say: "No problem, I can fix them, and it will be my glory". And he is the one man available right now that I actually believe can save us.
Why is he even in consideration? Has he said he in leaving Inter or what?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Because he has every reason to leave Inter after what happened this season.
Why? You've just won the league. Going to be playing CL football. Living in your own country. Own language. Culture, food etc. Why do you leave that? Unless there's something behind the scenes I don't know about

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Realistically Benitez or Potter. But hope we go for Galtier
He is some chance to win the French league with a Lille side that has had some of its top players poached by us. To beat PSG would be a tremendous result. The Lille players we bought have been a bit underwhelming here; so it makes more sense to go for the manager that turned them into stars at Lille.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Why? You've just won the league. Going to be playing CL football. Living in your own country. Own language. Culture, food etc. Why do you leave that? Unless there's something behind the scenes I don't know about

Go read up on the Inter drama this season.

mma

He is a moody man. He promised Juve he'd stay another year in May, then quit after first practice of preseason.

With that said he is not leaving 25m gross on the table and a club that is fulfilling his every whim.

Don't even know why anyone would want him when Allegri who is a far better manager is right there and free.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom