• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Edu is a crock. I hate him more than Arteta. The Spaniard is incompetent and arrogant. But he is not a bad person. Edu is what Americans call a bad dude. Absolute crock and I am convinced he will do a stint in jail in the future

His reaction to the Willian situation was an eye opener. When we signed him he said he will hit the ground running, and three months later he was talking about how he needed time. Charlatan.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was listening to the arsebL of Arsecast just now and you can't help but lose your mind...

If Xhaka at left back was so important to the way we wanted to play, why risk him at Newcastle.

Why is having one of your midfielders completely out of position so detrimental to our formation and pattern of play?

Why sign Cedric at all if not to throw him in on a dead rubber vs Steve ****ing Bruce.

Ffs.

He played Lacazette against Fulham 3 days before the first leg and he gets injured.

The guy is f*cking thick. Plays Auba 80 minutes against Newcastle as well as Bellerin and Xhaka.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Every time I see a tweet with Ornstein licking Arteta’s bum hole after a humiliating defeat.

tenor.gif

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was listening to the arsebL of Arsecast just now and you can't help but lose your mind...

If Xhaka at left back was so important to the way we wanted to play, why risk him at Newcastle.

Why is having one of your midfielders completely out of position so detrimental to our formation and pattern of play?

Why sign Cedric at all if not to throw him in on a dead rubber vs Steve ****ing Bruce.

Ffs.

He overcomplicates things. He probably expected Xhaka to push into midfield next to Partey, freeing up ESR and Ødegaard between the lines. Similar to the his use of AMN in the cup run last season.

But these specific formations very rarely work in the long run, and are even quite hit or miss game to game. As soon as Xhaka got injured and KT came in, that midfield 3 had no hope of working. ElNeny had come in next to Partey at the cost of one of ESR/Ødegaard. The midfield was such a mess yesterday.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
In any other top club in Europe the axe would have fallen on legomans head by now. Either this tells you that Arsenal **** De Futbol is no longer a top club. Which is probably true. Or that the club is run by money grabbing hoes slobbering over their fat pay check, which is also true.

I just dont understand it. Why is he still at Arsenal?

What positives is there to hold on to? Defense got a little bit better, hooray, Tony Pulis can do that.

Why is it that bald man Pep can whisper to the world "Lego man good" and he ends up coaching a grand old club with absolutely no credentials to speak of? Its so so poor, all of it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Was listening to the arseblig of Arsecast just now and you can't help but lose your mind...

Ffs.

tenor.gif

To add to it he clearly has no clue about a solid first team.

Just a week ago Callum was starting at RB, then Bellerin who hasn't played much recently is now the first choice RB in the most important game of our season?

Look let's get real too; this mofo is not a rookie anymore, he's had over 12 months in the job and he still makes the exact same rookie mistakes in terms of subs and in terms of our approach to some games.

We still can't attack with any cohesion and we still look so lethargic in too many games.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I do still respect you all as Arsenal fans at least (except say yes). Even if I get angry at some of the nonsense on here.

I’d definitely slap a few of you if I could though, you’re welcome to try and do the same but @Jury can confirm that won’t end well for you.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Interesting thought, we have a counterattacking squad that's being told to play Pep football. Is it a coincidence that we won the FA cup sitting deep and breaking quickly?

"Watching Arsenal struggle tonight against what was a very well drilled, organised Villareal side, I saw the fury of people saying we need to get rid of Arteta. Our worst league season for decades, no European football, poor results, poor football, its not been great. Would another manager do better? Probably, almost definitely, but who would come to us right now. Arteta will be a good manager, but he has to learn a big lesson, fast.

What struck me most whilst watching though, over the season not just tonightwas how similar Arsenal want to play to Man City. Its an absolutely dire, uninspiring and completely ineffective version of City, but the pieces Arteta is trying to put into place are there. The slow careful build up play, playing out from the back, switching play to stretch the opposition, midfielders sitting to cover full backs and more.

Problem is, Arteta just doesn’t have the players to pull this off and this is his biggest of a number of downfalls. We don’t have a goalkeeper with amazing distribution, or intelligent players to move and create space for themselves to receive the ball. They aren’t technically gifted to play one twos to go through the gears in attack, we don’t have consistent goalscorers to attack the wide areas. We don’t have late runners into the box to receive deep crosses. We arent City and shouldn’t play like them.

Even worse, this strategy and tactic is being drilled into a team that can’t go and buy the missing pieces. We can’t afford a Fernandinho to stop counter attacks, an Ederson to start attacks, a De Bruyne to cut teams open or a Mahrez to add the final finish. So the process we are on won’t suddenly get better with a full pre-season as the players just aren’t at the technical level needed I don’t think and we can’t go and buy them.

So what do we have? We have CBs who are actually great at clearances and winning aerial duels, 2 full backs in Tierney and Chambers who can defend narrow all day long, we have 2 midfielders in Partey and Xhaka who can pick a long range pass, we have pace and dribbling with Pepe, Saka and ESR and pace and finishing with Aubameyang. We should be playing quick counter attacking football, letting the opposition come onto us and breaking at speed. But I don’t think Arteta would accept that. Or Arsenal fans probably.

Arteta, if he keeps his job into next season needs to start well or he will lose any goodwill he has left very quickly. It might be a good place to start by looking at what his team can actually do and not what he wants them to do. It worked well last season, maybe it would work well again…"

KenyanGoon

I don't get the Edu hate either. People make out that a DOF comes in and goes 'right sign x, y and z' no scouting, no background checks, no analysis. Clubs are planning transfers at least 12 months ahead, scouting players sometimes dozens of times and rightly so when 10's of millions are on the line.

I think a manager can come in and change things immediately with his attitude, ideas and of course on the training pitch. I don't see how that can happen with a DOF. I would guess there is a 2-3 year 'lag' before the squad starts changing significantly what with identifying and thoroughly scouting players, unwanted players still being in contract and hard to shift, hot youth prospects not quite ready for the first team etc.
Result of all that planning is to sell Martinez and go sign Runarsson? Come on man!

ThePortugueseGunner

Just as not everything good that happens comes for a good reason, not every bad thing comes for a bad reason. Last night's result should have been the last straw for those who still support Arteta being the manager around here - for me, Arteta should have not been more than an interim manager to finish last season.

Missing Europa League's final, though, takes the only positive thing that Arteta would have to show for himself this season. There's absolutely no reason for him to continue. We're a mid-table side who performed poorly in all the cups, including at European level.

This should be the end of the line for Mikel - I wish him the best, but he should go evolve as a manager somewhere else. Arsenal F.C. cannot afford to be a daycare center dedicated to the breeding of newborn managers.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The problem is with the higher ups, Josh, Edu, Vinai etc none of them want to publicly take responsibility for anything or be accountable. I'm pretty sure they're all content to hide in the background and let Arteta take the fans backlash.

I've no time for any of them, and I'll admit I don't really know what any of them do, (I don't think anyone truly does) who they're accountable too bar Stan, who couldn't give a flying ****.

If we were flying in the league and Arteta was a great manager you wouldn't be able to keep Edu, Josh, Vinai etc away from a microphone / interviews trying to take credit for everything.

They're people trying to save their own skin at the end of the day.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom