• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Gooner1988TK

I think most of us had a good impression of him as an Arsenal player overall. Needs to go soon or the managerial stint will totally wipe away all that good will.

Better for him that way, and he can go actually learn to be a manager in job with a lower profile. Like should always have happened.
No he was a nothing player just like his man Xhaka. I’m tired of wasters clogging up our midfield. His tactics are just as imaginative as his and Xhaka’s 95%completed sideways and backwards 5 yard passes.

it’s a travesty they both got to disgrace our shirts let alone the armband and now this guy came back to haunt me again 🤦🏾‍♂️!

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
My gut feeling is always to be the Arsenal manager in, as long as the players are playing for him. The rot runs deeper than the manager at Arsenal, but Arteta can have no complaints if he is sacked.

I've only supported the sacking of two Arsenal managers, Rioch and Emery. Emery because the players were clearly not playing for him, even ridiculing him. Rioch because he was a dinosaur completely out of his depth.

In principle, my view is that you support whomever is managing this club, unless he has lost the dressing room.

Fair; but the "players are playing for him" is a nebulous concept. How can you actually tell the difference between the players downing tools vs them not being good enough vs the manager's instructions being awful?

In fact, I'd argue that the former happens very, very rarely. Players aren't stupid, even if they don't give two figs about the current manager, they will know that they need to perform to impress the next manager or land themselves a transfer out of the club. I just think it's hard to perform when the environment is poor and the manager isn't working out. Everyone who has worked multiple jobs know that their performance levels go down when the management is poor, regardless of whether you intend to or not because of poor morale.

Look at how Messi's form dipped when he was on the outs with the club. Now he's back playing well. If he wasn't "playing for the manager" before, why is he doing so now?

The famous back four ridiculed Wenger as well when he first arrived, called him Inspector Clouseau and challenged his authority when it came to their diet. Wenger has great man management skills and laughed it off. Of course they all love and respect him now for what he did for their careers and I don't think it was malicious back then, just a bit of a laugh. Even now, they tell a funny anecdote or two about Wenger's quirks. If Emery was able to win the Europa League and be successful here, then none of that ridicule would have mattered. These guys are pampered, millionaire man children, they make fun of everyone.

The concept of players loving a manager and playing for him is overstated IMO. Messi and Guardiola famously didn't like each other. All of Wenger's players loved him to bits but from 2004 onwards they couldn't win the Premiership for him. Ferguson didn't even speak to Beckham for like two seasons and they still won trophies together.

If the players are good enough, the manager has good man management skills and tactics, then you're golden.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers?

Leicester getting spanked by a team Mikel beat twice this season.

1. Look at the table:

New Picture.jpg

2. Leicester still look on target to make top 4, can we say the same for Arsenal? I'll make it easy, the answer is no.

3. Leicester also did beat us at home.

4. Leicester spanked City at their home, does that make Pep poor?

5. Nobody is saying that Rodgers should take us back to league glory but he's proving/proven he can take a team of a similar profile to us and get them consistently challenging towards the top 3/4.

^For now that's what we need.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Wenger ball vs. Cone boy ball.

View attachment 2826

Each time I see cone mentioned I think of:

6-D3-EE5-C2-06-F6-464-C-9-F37-A9-F767-EDBE09.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom