• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some of you get too worked up over this :lol:

Either lighten up a bit and understand how crap the club is, you will feel better for it if you approach it with no expectations...or get off your lazy asses and start actually protesting against the owner/manager, complaining on an internet forum ain't gonna achieve anything!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shameless that he's passing the buck after a year like this. What with contract extensions and signings this is Arteta's team end of story. He's also been allowed to get rid of a number of players on big wages for no return. For a rookie coach that is unprecedented. Emery had none of that.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Not once have I seen his hair looking dishevelled.. like...even when we're losing, it's perfectly still.

is it glued to his head lmao.

51z6WTaSVdL._SL1000_.jpg

teamsoutheast

He’s been midtable all season, his teams don’t create or score, we can’t pass, these are basics. He’s broken all the records you don’t want to break.

Don’t tell me about 5 years ago.

Just have some patience. I remember Monaco had a season where they could not score at all under Jardim but had one of the best defensive records in Europe and the following season they were the highest scoring team in Europe. It'll happen just have patience!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger has been gone for three years though, his imprint is completely gone from this team.
I get that, but that's when the skid started. Nobody has been able to pull us out of it since. Not that it's his fault solely but until we recover, Wenger, Emery, Arteta (he's done) will have continued to the slide.

Reactions: A_G

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mikel Arteta demands Arsenal become 'ruthless' with under-performing squad​

Arsenal face the prospect of no European football next season for the first time in 25 years

Mikel Arteta has said the time has come for Arsenal to be “ruthless” as the under-fire manager prepares for a dramatic overhaul of his squad before next season.
Arteta is under mounting pressure from Arsenal’s supporters following the club’s Europa League semi-final defeat by Villarreal this week, which left them facing a first season in 25 years without European football.
The Spaniard, who is understood to retain the support of the club’s executives, believes the loss to Unai Emery’s side could represent a “defining moment” in Arsenal’s rebuild if they act decisively in the coming months.
Arsenal’s owners, Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, have given indications that they are willing to invest in the team this summer, when more departures are expected from Arteta’s squad.
The Kroenkes face the prospect of further fan protests before the end of this season and they are also set to receive an official takeover bid from Daniel Ek, Spotify’s billionaire founder.
Having stated his intention to try to buy the club last week, Ek held off from making his opening £1.8 billion offer until after Arsenal had played the second leg of their tie against Villarreal.
Arsenal’s defeat by the Spanish side means that next season will be their fifth consecutive campaign outside of the Champions League. Arteta said he feels “deep pain” following their failure in the semi-final and added that the club’s decline has become a “trend” which he will not accept.

Arsenal's Pablo Mari looks dejected after his side were unceremoniously dumped out of the Europa League by former manager Unai Emery and Villarreal CREDIT: HANNAH MCKAY /Reuters
“We have not been competing with the top clubs in this country for five years,” he said. “It is not as if this process started six months ago – it started five years ago and you can see this trend. This year is not year one.
“I think a project has its phases and I am telling you we are in a much better position today to be where we want to be very soon, if we do what we have to do. But we have to be ruthless. There is no time to waste and there is a lot to do.”
Arteta had previously described their January transfer window as “unprecedented”, following the contract terminations of Mesut Ozil, Shkodran Mustafi and Sokratis, and he expects a similar turnover of players in the upcoming window.
There is uncertainty over the futures of Alexandre Lacazette, Hector Bellerin, David Luiz, Eddie Nketiah, Mohamed Elneny and Calum Chambers, who could all leave the club, as well as doubts over goalkeeper Bernd Leno.
Depending on outgoings, Arsenal are expected to be on the hunt for two new full-backs, another centre-forward and a central midfield player in the summer window.
“We have some really good examples with teams in this country that have been out of Europe and that was the defining moment in that project, to go on and be much stronger,” said Arteta.
“We have those examples. We have to look at what happened there to understand how we can make the most of it. We can not be crying and stuck on what we do not have.”
On his own position, Arteta insisted he has no doubts about his ability to lead the team. He declared himself “proud” to represent his players and said he believes there is no better place for him to be than at Arsenal.

But he did admit to questioning why his best efforts have not been enough this season, with Arsenal on course for another disappointing mid-table finish after coming eighth last year.
Asked why the club’s downward trend has continued, Arteta said: “They are things to analyse more internally, I am sorry. We have done that. There are things that we cannot discuss here.
“I take full responsibility for my part, for sure. Since I arrived here what I have tried to do, giving my life, my best ability, investing every drop of energy that I have emotionally to support everything that has been going around with my knowledge, with staff, with all the players that are trying to contribute with all the club to give our best.
“But so far it has not been enough. And this is when the question mark comes. Why is it not enough? Is it just a thing? Is it the manager? Is it other stuff? What is it?”
Ek’s pursuit of the club is expected to continue into the summer and the Swede has made it clear that he is ready to play the long game, along with backers Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira.
Ek’s interest in buying Arsenal was never dependent on the club qualifying for Europe next season and the size of his first offer will also not be impacted by their ongoing absence from the Champions League.
Financial experts have estimated that the Kroenkes have spent around £900million on Arsenal so far, meaning that a £1.8bn offer would give them the opportunity to double their investment.
This guy and anyone that defends him are just disgusting really. Embarrassing.

Where was this energy when he won FA Cup? He wasn't talking about 5 years ago when he won that cup with Wenger's/Emery's players was he. Complete fraud.

Gooner1988TK

This man is shameless and yet there is still a group of people here who have sympathy for him. Where was his sympathy for the players he exiled? Where was the sympathy when he purposely tried to destroy our young players? Where was the sympathy with him torturing us with his regressive tactics?

He is a arrogant fool who’s only masterclass is to show how to effectively play chess against yourself and still not recognise everything you did led you to the inevitable conclusion and that you are your own worse enemy.

Get this clown out of here ASAP.

teamsoutheast

We still have the 4th best defensive record in the league. Only Chelsea, Man City, and Man U have better defensive records than we do. At least we have a solid foundation built we just need to score more and i'm sure we'll be firing on all cylinders providing we have a bit of luck on the transfer front. Considering Arteta is a so called 'rookie' I can see we have improved tactically. We were one of the poorest tactical teams in the league for a very long time IMO even under Wenger. None of you can deny we look solid defensively this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

When did he say the 5 years thing anyway, was it this morning?

Why are the quotes only coming out now?

Top Bottom