• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It favouritism and incompetence by Arteta. Nothing more.

Yeah and Willock didn't get a lot of time in his best position.

Which is weird because CM is probably an area in which we're lightweight, yet two viable in options in AMN and Willock were;

1. Never really tried in that position
2. Weren't given many opportunities in general anyway (in the league)
3. Probably not any worse than the back up options for those positions

Arteta ladies and gentlemen the mastermind.

Edit: I saw Willock went down and is now subbed off, hopefully he'll be alright.

Iceman10

Established Member
Willock was given numerous opportunities under Emery and Arteta.

He needed a loan.
It's hard to get some here on A-M to understand the difference between opportunities for a 19 or 20 year old with a player much older. Don't know why it is so hard to grasp. OK, we loaned Willock out, but for what? Match time for an underperforming loanee from RM.

The main point here though is Artera. Not incompetence so much, but just a person with wrong ideas, and showing no signs that he can evolve.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

tenor.gif

It was a joke after he didn’t play against us because he’s on loan dumb dumb.

Way to ruin it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With no European footie and Teta still in charge, I’d be absolutely shocked if we don’t sell him. Out of contract in 2023 and the club will be delighted if they get £20-30m. Joe is too good for Teta.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
With no European footie and Teta still in charge, I’d be absolutely shocked if we don’t sell him. Out of contract in 2023 and the club will be delighted if they get £20-30m. Joe is too good for Teta.
Sad but true. The younger players at the club are the only ones we can make any decent money on. These are the same players people are determined aren't good enough for us. Funny that.

Iceman10

Established Member
Sad but true. The younger players at the club are the only ones we can make any decent money on. These are the same players people are determined aren't good enough for us. Funny that.
Just for balance, none of us are saying keep Eddie. It is not just a kids for the sake of kids thing. If we are going to add to ESR and Saka breakthroughs it will probably have to be Martinelli if he can avoid injury, and then possibly Willock, especially if we can fine tune to 433. Players like Balogun and Azeez will be coming through, but still on fringes for a while. It is true though, this is what some of us would do, not necessarily Arteta.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Just for balance, none of us are saying keep Eddie. It is not just a kids for the sake of kids thing. If we are going to add to ESR and Saka breakthroughs it will probably have to be Martinelli if he can avoid injury, and then possibly Willock, especially if we can fine tune to 433. Players like Balogun and Azeez will be coming through, but still on fringes for a while. It is true though, this is what some of us would do, not necessarily Arteta.
I think Eddie is actually one of the younger players who's had a good amount of chances and not capitalised on them enough. To be fair I don't think being a lone striker in this system will ever suit him so I'd have no qualms on trying to move him on. I hope he has a good career.

I'm more talking about the likes of Willock, AMN, Saliba and Guendouzi who I could see us making money on whereas these are guys who are supposedly not good enough for us.

There's next to no chance we'd make any money on an Elneny or a Mari yet they've played loads of games. We wouldn't get much back for Xhaka, Laca will leave for free and eventually Auba will too, Willian as well. Unfortunately that leaves us having to move on our younger players to make any money and that will sadly include Saka and Tierney eventually as well.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I would understand if we sell younger players because we have a surplus in their respective positions. Our midfield is relegation level. We need to buy two starting midfielders this window if we want to compete. We definitely won't be able to do that. Keeping hold of Willock makes much more sense than selling him and wasting the money on some Chelsea reject.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
From the Arsenal-owned players only Laca and Auba have scored more premiership goals this season. Must be the stotties.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Hope the lad isn't too badly hurt. I want MOTM performances for the rest of the season and I want it to be impossible to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom