• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

REEVIE1995

It makes my blood boil.

That's why people saying Arteta is catching too much flack can gtfoh.

It's not that we're playing sh!t, it's that we're playing sh!t and Arteta's F*CKING EGO can't even handle the talent here properly and is wasting some youngsters' time left right and center.

This times 100. He has got everything wrong relating to all of our youngsters development bar Smith Rowe and Saka ( and it could be argued he has run them into the ground). Willock has shown how beneficial a run in the team, played in the right position with a little freedom can be) Youngest player to score 4 goals in a row for Newcastle since Andy Cole.

It just does my head in to think of all this mistakes Arteta has made with regards to the youth. The inability to give youngsters chances off the bench even in games we have already won. The fact that Willian continues to get chances over Nelson. The entire Saliba situation. Martinelli, Willock, Nelson, AMN ( in his natural position) Balogun and even Azeez should of gotten more game time this year. People say Eddie had chances but not really. Just over 400 minutes in the league and mainly off the bench at the end of the game where he has little chance of doing anything . We could of loaned him in January (would of been a much better idea than Willock considering the other competition for both of their places) but Arteta blocked it so we can chuck him on with 2 minutes of extra time to go against Villareal when we need a goal to save our season. If he went Brighton or somewhere, he could of had similar second end half of the season to Willock. Instead Martinelli and him warmed the bench whilst we played a false 9 the other night. It's just absolutely crazy.

GLITCH

We must keep him and raise funds from the others. Willock is clearly not an 'Average Joe'.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If Willock comes back, need to convert him to be a CF with Martinelli. For me, he has the physique and finishing to flourish there. Just need a manager to realize that.

GLITCH

Yeah, it's an overall beautiful goal. I mentioned instinct but meant in the context of football intelligence. Because it's something you can't really learn... Running far away from Mik really did the trick.
It's only one example, but I still think it supports the thought that Mikel is not a good coach. If Steve Bruce has been able to tap into Willock's true potential, it just shows how bad Mikel is. Makes me wonder what we could've seen from Nelson if he'd gone on loan too.

Iceman10

Established Member
It's only one example, but I still think it supports the thought that Mikel is not a good coach. If Steve Bruce has been able to tap into Willock's true potential, it just shows how bad Mikel is. Makes me wonder what we could've seen from Nelson if he'd gone on loan too.
Is it to do with being a coach or actual use of the player? How much match time did he get with Arteta this season and was it continuous? We see similar patterns with Martinelli and Pepe. I just think it is bad management with bad ideas, especially when it comes to a sort of rigid seniority hierarchy.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
@Football Manager told me he's worse than Elneny lmao
If you don’t count willock’s goal, his midfield play was a 5.5/10.

I would rather having a Cazorla type, 9/10 midfield play, even if he has no assists/goals, the team will play so much better, we will have so much more chances created.

Our team is shxt at maintaining possession and creating chances. We need more technical players. If you have a huge liability in the build up play, like ramsey, your team will suffer in both attacking and defending. The only good thing is that this type of players scores a few here and there, but that’s it. They sucks up a hell lot of possible chance creation/build up possibly that will eventually leads to more supplies for the attackers.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The more you create, the more your team will score. Taking a creative player out of the equation, and replaced with a player that can only scores goals is making the team worse off. Your team will score less in total.
cant score any less... did u not watch the last game?

Willock is more creative than the current midfield. You dizzy from being slapped too much?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
cant score any less... did u not watch the last game?

Willock is more creative than the current midfield. You dizzy from being slapped too much?
I don’t rate our midfielders. It’s just that willock is worse.

We missed Fabregas and Cazorla and we never really able to replace them. We need to work on our transfers to get that.

And as for promoting youth, I hope the club will promote more technical talents in the U23 instead of willock and AMN. I am not sure if Smith, Cottrell or Cirjan will make it here, but we should definitely give them a chance.

Last edited:

Goonger

If you don’t count willock’s goal, his midfield play was a 5.5/10.

I would rather having a Cazorla type, 9/10 midfield play, even if he has no assists/goals, the team will play so much better, we will have so much more chances created.

Our team is shxt at maintaining possession and creating chances. We need more technical players. If you have a huge liability in the build up play, like ramsey, your team will suffer in both attacking and defending. The only good thing is that this type of players scores a few here and there, but that’s it. They sucks up a hell lot of possible chance creation/build up possibly that will eventually leads to more supplies for the attackers.

Could a 3 in midfield work, perhaps with someone like Auoar`s ability left of centre, so say something like

---------------- Partey --------------

--- Willock ------------- Aouar -----

Does that give a good mix of technical ability, physical ability & off the ball running?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Could a 3 in midfield work, perhaps with someone like Auoar`s ability left of centre, so say something like

---------------- Partey --------------

--- Willock ------------- Aouar -----

Does that give a good mix of technical ability, physical ability & off the ball running?
Not bad. But I would prefer

——Aouar—————Buendia/ESR——
—————-—Partey—————————

Goonger

Not bad. But I would prefer

——Aouar—————Buendia/ESR——
—————-—Partey—————————

I certainly wouldn't mind trying that as well, just trying different scenarios in my head, thinking if we are only able to sign 1 midfielder. In your scenario, we could have the below as well I suppose.

——Aouar/ESR————Buendia/Willock——
—————-—Partey/Elneny—————————

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Willock comes back, need to convert him to be a CF with Martinelli. For me, he has the physique and finishing to flourish there. Just need a manager to realize that.
This is a genuinely terrible idea. Being a CF isn’t just about physique, and I’d argue Balogun has that covered + more.

Willock’s at his best coming onto the ball from a deeper starting position. He has a lot of potential in both an attacking and defensive sense. His press is fantastic, and he can pass very comfortably with either foot. The most complete performance I’ve ever seen from him was playing as a number 6 at the Nou Camp in the Gamper trophy.

Every time he’s played in an advanced position, he has fewer touches of the ball, gets frustrated and goes wandering.

Our midfield is desperately missing guile and athleticism, and before we pay 40m for Bissouma we ought to give this lad a fair shot.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure about this Partey as a lone 6 shouts, I thought he might be able to do it but the more I watch the more I question his ability in terms of protecting the back four, I don't think it's his game at all. Sure he has the ball carrying capabilities and passing range required for the role, but if you're just not that good defensively then it'll not work effectively.

Goonger

I'm not sure about this Partey as a lone 6 shouts, I thought he might be able to do it but the more I watch the more I question his ability in terms of protecting the back four, I don't think it's his game at all. Sure he has the ball carrying capabilities and passing range required for the role, but if you're just not that good defensively then it'll not work effectively.

It is a worry but at the same time you need the midfield to be properly set up so there's not the massive gaps we seen on Thursday. That should have been a 433 but ESR & Ødegaard were too advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom