• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get all this hype surrounding Rodgers, to be honest.

Brendan Rodgers is a great manager, but he’s far from being on the same level as either Tuchel, Klopp or Pep. Rodgers would not be my first choice, but he would certainly be a better choice than what Emery and Arteta turned out to be.
What is your first choice?

jjmcjohnson

Rodgers comes here and deals with the egos and gets us playing great attacking football. If Leicester **** it up again then maybe it's time to move on.

myoldarsenal

Although Conte's my first choice, I doubt Inter, having won their first title in 11 years will let him go so easily.

Therefore, I'm for either Bielsa (who's made Leeds into a tough combative unit that actually went to the Champions elect & won where we haven't for half a decade now) or Potter who seems to be doing well with an atrocious Brighton.

People throw out Bielsa without actually knowing anything about him. He refuses to work at a club unless he's given 100% control of everything from players to how he implements his vision. And he wants that in writing from the club. This is why he quit Lazio after only a few days. He wanted exact players and the club refused it.

Absolutely no chance he gets that freedom in any top club. Much less a broken one like ours.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Who's going to get me hyped about this Lille manager, just seen they're about to win the league.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
My preferences in order at this stage are:

1. Conte
2. Flick (should be in the conversation imo. Plays good football, available, wins)
3. Allegri
4. Gallardo
5. Rangnick or ten Hag
Flick going to the Germamn National team. He has no interest in coming to England. Allegri going to Juve, Ten Hag resigned with Ajax. Rangick said no to Sp**s.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Who's going to get me hyped about this Lille manager, just seen they're about to win the league.

Manager at Saint-Etienne for 8 years, had them in the top 10 for the majority of his time there, including a 4th place finish in 2014, finished in the top 6 for 4 consecutive years. Won manager of the year in 2013 as St Etienne won the League Cup and finished 5th the same year. Appointed Lille manager and actually finished 17th in his first before taking them to 2nd the next season and now has them top of the league and they've only lost 3 games this season. Seems like he's been a solid manager for several years, I didn't really know who he was until a couple of years ago tbh, didn't notice him at St Etienne. He's worked with Pepe before having him score over 20 goals in a season, obviously worked with Gabriel and worked with Auba back at St Etienne too.

It's hard to know how he'd do, you look at guys like Jardim who had one amazing season and everyone thought of him as this next big thing in management and he's just faded completely and has been sacked by Monaco twice now in a short period.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Manager at Saint-Etienne for 8 years, had them in the top 10 for the majority of his time there, including a 4th place finish in 2014, finished in the top 6 for 4 consecutive years. Won manager of the year in 2013 as St Etienne won the League Cup and finished 5th the same year. Appointed Lille manager and actually finished 17th in his first before taking them to 2nd the next season and now has them top of the league and they've only lost 3 games this season. Seems like he's been a solid manager for several years, I didn't really know who he was until a couple of years ago tbh, didn't notice him at St Etienne. He's worked with Pepe before having him score over 20 goals in a season, obviously worked with Gabriel and worked with Auba back at St Etienne too.

It's hard to know how he'd do, you look at guys like Jardim who had one amazing season and everyone thought of him as this next big thing in management and he's just faded completely and has been sacked by Monaco twice now in a short period.

You've posted this from Wikipedia I know you know nothing about football outside of Arsenal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Brendan is a weird one. Does solid work with teams but loves to Galaxy brain himself a lot.

Almost every year he gets in his own head. I could honestly see them bottling top four with their run in.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Brendan is a weird one. Does solid work with teams but loves to Galaxy brain himself a lot.

Almost every year he gets in his own head. I could honestly see them bottling top four with their run in.

You still take him here though, he'd improve us vastly and if top 4 is only what he can get us then so be it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You've posted this from Wikipedia I know you know nothing about football outside of Arsenal.

backing up homer simpson GIF

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just seen Leicester remaining games. They could genuinely bottle CL.

Thats what I mean. Is he still the dream candidate if he doesn’t get over the line and continues this “big game Brenda” narrative?

Or do you say because he’s raised the floor of that Leicester side to compete with the top 4 and they play good football then that’s enough?

Just asking the questions mate.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom