• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not sure about this Partey as a lone 6 shouts, I thought he might be able to do it but the more I watch the more I question his ability in terms of protecting the back four, I don't think it's his game at all. Sure he has the ball carrying capabilities and passing range required for the role, but if you're just not that good defensively then it'll not work effectively.
Agree. You can see why him and Rodri worked so well together at Atleti, along with Koke and Saul. Look at all those passing options. But alone? Car crash.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m happy for Willock but I love how AM is now basically saying: “duhhh we shoulda been playing him all along” even though half the people here were either slagging him off or saying he needs a loan/transfer only a few months ago.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I hope he gets as far away from here as possible.

Like the Willian thread, the first page is also just as hilarious in hindsight. You can tell straight away who knows football and who doesn’t.

Reactions: A_G

Iceman10

Established Member
I’m happy for Willock but I love how AM is now basically saying: “duhhh we shoulda been playing him all along” even though half the people here were either slagging him off or saying he needs a loan/transfer only a few months ago.
There is a lot of fickleness, but there are tendencies for some (not you) to be orientated mainly around "I told ya so", often with revisionism, in tiresome ways also. The most important thing is the player doing well and what that means for Arsenal.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don’t rate our midfielders. It’s just that willock is worse.

We missed Fabregas and Cazorla and we never really able to replace them. We need to work on our transfers to get that.

And as for promoting youth, I hope the club will promote more technical talents in the U23 instead of willock and AMN. I am not sure if Smith, Cottrell or Cirjan will make it here, but we should definitely give them a chance.
wake up .... fabregas and cazorla dont just grow in trees.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Like the Willian thread, the first page is also just as hilarious in hindsight. You can tell straight away who knows football and who doesn’t.
You had me checking the start of the thread, I passed the test on the second page 👌

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
maybe in a carabao cup early match or something...would love to see a Willock-AMN-Saka midfield.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To be fair, while he excelled in the Europa league for us, he was poor in the league, can't get away from that fact. He needed a PL a loan where he was playing regularly and felt more responsibility for his team, and look at the results (the same was true for Nelson).

He should definitely get games here next season, for his form at Newcastle, but also because we desperately need a player like him. It's been a successful move for all parties.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There is a lot of fickleness, but there are tendencies for some (not you) to be orientated mainly around "I told ya so", often with revisionism, in tiresome ways also. The most important thing is the player doing well and what that means for Arsenal.
The “I told you so” people are the ones I’m complaining about :lol: we have so many experts on AM apparently.

I spent a lot of time last season and the start of this protecting Willock on AM and also to some of my friends who wanted him sold even last summer. But once it got to around December in my opinion he actually needed a loan this season because Arteta wasn’t accommodating him correctly (tried him as a third CM like once in the PL but our team were in horrendous form so he performed badly).

If Arteta stays, we definitely need to cash in on him in my opinion. That’s just squad management. If we part ways with Arteta and bring in a manager who wants to accommodate a Willock in his system, then I’m all for keeping him. I’ve just seen this story too many times where an Arsenal player’s stock is high, and then we don’t sell him only to hardly play him the next season. We end up kind of ****ing the player’s momentum and letting his stock fall.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
To be fair, while he excelled in the Europa league for us, he was poor in the league, can't get away from that fact. He needed a PL a loan where he was playing regularly and felt more responsibility for his team, and look at the results (the same was true for Nelson).

He should definitely get games here next season, for his form at Newcastle, but also because we desperately need a player like him. It's been a successful move for all parties.
He just doesn’t fit in the style we play, that was the issue. He also needs game time in the PL to get more confidence and composure. So I did actually think he needed a loan. And I’m my opinion if Arteta is still here we should probably just sell in the summer. Unless he moves towards a 433.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I've loved Willock since I saw him pre season under Emery but I'd honestly have to agree with you here. The fact Steve Bruce, often seen as a laughing stock by fans, can raise Willock's value in 3 months is just another feather in Arteta's cap.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Willock is another victim of people trying to make out he was crap out of desperation to prop up Arteta.

That’s why I’m saying I told you so.

We can bring as many highly rated young players like Ødegaard or whoever we want, it’s going south. Brucey had sussed how to utilise Willock after having him for 5 mins.

Arteta and the people who backed him all season are dangerous to the club cause they don’t have a f*cking clue.

ThePortugueseGunner

Regardless of whether he's going to play for us next season, I just have to say: what a great ending for the season this guy is having!

I have no way of knowing if he would ever turn up for us as a big club player, but I think he definitely deserves a chance. I'll always prefer to give chances to academy products who have shown value when given opportunities, then to keep playing the same useless players, week in, week out, when they fail to provide anything for the team.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wtf! Had no idea he had that kind of balance / strength in him.
He showed this for Emery in his first two games of the season last year. It was actually against Newcastle and also Burnley in the PL, but Emery played a 433 with Willock at the heart of it and he was really good. He was acting like the most advanced CM, like an 8.

He was using his body to well to carry the ball forward all the time, shrugging off players in Yaya fashion at times. But I don’t know what happened, his confidence continued to drop and drop as the season went on. Also because we started trying to go to a 4231 again and same with Arteta. He would need regular game time here in a particular 433 to get back on track.

I held onto those two games for a while with Willock, trying to keep my faith in him based on them + his effect off the bench in the EL final and some other good goals here and there. But I agree, under Arteta he didn’t really show these qualities at all.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
wake up .... fabregas and cazorla dont just grow in trees.
As I have said, Smith, Cottrell and Cirjan are more technical than Willock and AMN.

Their playing style are closer to Rosicky, Nasri, Fabregas, Cazorla than Willock and AMN.

We should give them more chances to play. If we want beautiful football, great passing play, we can’t have willock and AMN.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
To be fair, while he excelled in the Europa league for us, he was poor in the league, can't get away from that fact.
That's incredibly harsh I think. He's started something like 3 games in the league under Arteta and the rest of his appearances have been 10 minute cameos at false 9 or RW.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Willock is another victim of people trying to make out he was crap out of desperation to prop up Arteta.

That’s why I’m saying I told you so.

We can bring as many highly rated young players like Ødegaard or whoever we want, it’s going south. Brucey had sussed how to utilise Willock after having him for 5 mins.

Arteta and the people who backed him all season are dangerous to the club cause they don’t have a f*cking clue.

Steve Bruce ffs. The utter shame Arteta should be feeling right now.

He's scored more goals than all of our players in three months bar Auba and Lacazette.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's incredibly harsh I think. He's started something like 3 games in the league under Arteta and the rest of his appearances have been 10 minute cameos at false 9 or RW.

He just looked very raw on the ball whenever he played in the league and didn't have really have an effect during the minutes he did get. It's to be expected from a young player. He was the guy that was screaming to have a loan spell somewhere, and it has been a massive success, probably one of the only ones of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom