• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Let me ask a question.

You've missed the game yesterday and you see that the match actually ended 2-0 or even let's say 1-0.

If you'd looked at only the starting line up, I'd say it wouldn't be unfair to guess the scorer was likely:

1. Aubamayang
2. Pepe
3. Saka
4. ESR

In that order. In fact when you think of end product and goals specifically the first names that come to my mind are Aubameyang then Lacazette then it's Pepe for me when he's been given a run in the team.

Sure, look he ain't a 72 million pound player, not in any market.

BUT I just don't believe he's a failure or doesn't fit us. I think our whole attack has been largely dogsh*t, timid and lacklustre.

Put him in a flowing attack and he'd get a lot more goals.
There’s a lot of agendas at play here tbh, even I have admitted Pepe isn’t a 72 mil player.

He’s 2nd at club in goal contributions to date however, despite not being first choice. That’s right Pepe - not Aubameyang, not Saka, not ESR and this is not to knock them as I like them all but I am making a point.

Pepe isn’t ideal but he’s not the reason why Arsenal is in the toilet. That 72 mil could have been anybody - the same lot would be trying their best to scapegoat them for whatever weird reasons, mainly to make excuses for the worst Arsenal manager in history.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
There’s a lot of agendas at play here tbh, even I have admitted Pepe isn’t a 72 mil player.

He’s 2nd at club in goal contributions to date however, despite not being first choice. That’s right Pepe - not Aubameyang, not Saka, not ESR and this is not to knock them as I like them all but I am making a point.

Pepe isn’t ideal but he’s not the reason why Arsenal is in the toilet. That 72 mil could have been anybody - the same lot would be trying their best to scapegoat them for whatever weird reasons, mainly to make excuses for the worst Arsenal manager in history.

Arsenal has a negative expected goal difference when Pepe in on the pitch.

How do you explain that?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
It was too much money but Pepe has special qualities, he’s quick, he’s strong, he’s good in the air and he’s got a vicious left foot. His build means he needs positions where he can stretch his legs or use his strength though, the compact acceleration needed for an inverted winger doesn’t suit him much, the left suits, (I think striker could suit him too).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It was too much money but Pepe has special qualities, he’s quick, he’s strong, he’s good in the air and he’s got a vicious left foot. His build means he needs positions where he can stretch his legs or use his strength though, the compact acceleration needed for an inverted winger doesn’t suit him much, the left suits, (I think striker could suit him too).

Spot on, welcome.

LuanNguyen

Please put Pepe on the right, Saka No. 10, it can work, his right foot is not very good, putting Pepe on the left makes him a player who only runs and crosses, but on the right is one another story.

Wiggins

Can't fault his effort one bit and there's no one who is really able to work well with him. Most of the players surrounding him are a step behind/below.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thank you sir but I’m confused, your previous posts seem to suggest you disagree with me?

Nah, I think Pepe has a wand of a left foot but I did consistently say he's a player who needs more space in front of him than most to actually be lethal. Against villareal he was nullified by putting multiple players in front of him.

With Pepe at a standing start he's almost useless. Really struggles to beat his man. There's also times where his first touch is so bad it's like he's wearing jeans.

I think he would be a top class player in a different league.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A proper coach would be teaching him to be more direct and stop all the dribbling/shoulder dropping and slowing down the game, guy needs to use his brain more and his instincts less.
Agree, but I was told here that Arteta is a great coach...

Find this confusing really, it's not like Pepe is a slow player, but I never felt that he used his pace at Arsenal as much as he could've. I was expecting to see more often him on the right playing with Robben style (not saying he is that good btw), he has all the attributes for that, but somehow he ended up on the left where he needs to cross the ball to please Arteta :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Makes you wonder why we've been playing him on the left and Saka on the right.

Play the goalscorer on the side where he can cut in a shoot.

Play the creator on the side where he can cross to Auba with his strong foot.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
What every one? Where you sitting counting or something?
Yes, I'm counting. Pepe bar his goal was very poor, can't croos, can't create, his dribbling were poor, lost a lot of balls, basically he has no idea how to play football period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom