• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
There's clear correlation in this instance. I must reiterate though I don't believe AFTV are the biggest problem, but there presence has partly contributed in a bad atmosphere in the Emirates which affects performances. Wenger, Arteta and multiple people at the club have said similar in recent years.

Your right it does reflect a good portion of the supporters. Unfortunately our fanbase are spoilt and have no regards for the clubs values in a way Liverpool fans for example uphold their traditions. Maybe if the fans and media didn't hound Wenger out he would've more proficiently planned the transition period following his departure. However, because he was forced out, there was no proper plan hence why the management has been poor lately.
Their is correlation, yes, but no causation. Things can have the same general trend over time (correlation) but without one of those things causing the other.

I agree we should have had a smoother transition plan but why blame the fans, its the owners and the fact that Wenger wanted complete control and didn't want to bring new people in at a level who could question his decisions (i.e. technical director). I think he wanted a clean break once he was no longer manager, which was a shame.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Partey came in, got injured and in general has had a very disjointed season.

Generally speaking I've been very impressed with Partey. Some of the balls he's played have been incredible. You can tell he's still adapting at times but you can also tell he's top quality. That first half of the season for him was a nightmare, respect that, doesn't have to be the managers fault.

Arteta hasn't "done anything" to him. If Arteta was blowing up good players then Saka and Tierney would be playing ****, but they aren't.
I mean Saka's form has dropped a lot from the start of the season & he ran Tierney to the ground but sure keep fighting the good fight

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Whilst he hasn't been great I think people are kinda harsh.

There is a point to be made about the squad as a whole.

I think we were forced upon some signings we made. Willian and Cedric would never be at the top of any lists and I doubt Ødegaard was Arteta's first choice. Another stop gap signing because hierarchy can't fork out the funds for proper signings.

I think anyone that manages this club will stumble across the same problems down the line.

Say X new manager comes in, has the summer window. We come 5th but we now need a new striker to push hard for that next level.

City or Chelsea in that scenario fork out the required amount for the required position and get the best they can.

We however wouldn't do that. And this will always be a problem unless KSE actually fund it properly or sell.
he is one of the worst performing managers of the league. Last season he won an FA cup... but this season, he has been one of the worst managers in the league. Absolute crap manager.

kash2

Their is correlation, yes, but no causation. Things can have the same general trend over time (correlation) but without one of those things causing the other.

I agree we should have had a smoother transition plan but why blame the fans, its the owners and the fact that Wenger wanted complete control and didn't want to bring new people in at a level who could question his decisions (i.e. technical director). I think he wanted a clean break once he was no longer manager, which was a shame.
against these **** owners, wenger's power came from the backing of the fans.... and thats why so much money went into the campaign against him....

you take away the backing of the owners and the fans from a manager.....its going to be tough for him to keep turning water into wine.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
against these **** owners, wenger's power came from the backing of the fans.... and thats why so much money went into the campaign against him....

you take away the backing of the owners and the fans from a manager.....its going to be tough for him to keep turning water into wine.
I don't understand what u mean. What money?

The owners loved Wenger, he ran the entire club and got them top 4 without them having to invest and actually build up a war chest of money.

I am a fan and like others (aftv) I could see we needed a change. It was evident we were on a slow downward spiral and there was frustration that it seemed the changes necessary to compete in the PL/europe were never going to happen. It was the same cycle year in and year out.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Cedric isn't a backup left back or anywhere close to being a left back. He looks so awkward over there because he's right footed. Hence why the left footed xhaka was forced to play there.
Would you rather a slow player play left back or a comparatively quicker one who is wrong footed?

kash2

I don't understand what u mean. What money?

The owners loved Wenger, he ran the entire club and got them top 4 without them having to invest and actually build up a war chest of money.

I am a fan and like others (aftv) I could see we needed a change. It was evident we were on a slow downward spiral and there was frustration that it seemed the changes necessary to compete in the PL/europe were never going to happen. It was the same cycle year in and year out.
AFTV are just ****.. money grubbing ****

GoonerJay24

Of course correlation doesn't imply causation but AFTV have been the largest football fan channel on social media for some time, and they've generally thrived off negativity. I do believe they're rise has certain relationship with Arsenal's decline.

The fans had unrealistic expectations of the team, especially during the early Emirates years. Hence they become disgruntled which adds pressure on players and manager. I don't think our supporters have thought critically towards some of the clubs circumstances in recent years and have instead lazily gone with the Talksport British media narrative about Arsenal being a weak spineless club, when actually we're the opposite of that.

Wenger didn't want a Director of Football, he has his own unique coaching philosophy and achieved top four finishes even when Arsenal weren't predicted to. I don't know perhaps he should've adapted to modern football and worked alongside someone else; but like I said his particular philosophy was more unique probably than any manager I've seen in European football history.
He wasn't perfect and got several things wrong throughout his career, but I think we can all say now that Arsène was not the big problem here he was portrayed to be in his final seasons.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
You can’t even get excited about any potential signings this summer with Arteta at the wheel. The fraud would turn Mbappe into a Sunday league player, ffs. I cannot believe the board hasn’t sacked him yet, I reckon they’re waiting until the beginning of the work week (Monday morning)?

Weliveinacrazyworld

Of course correlation doesn't imply causation but AFTV have been the largest football fan channel on social media for some time, and they've generally thrived off negativity. I do believe they're rise has certain relationship with Arsenal's decline.

The fans had unrealistic expectations of the team, especially during the early Emirates years. Hence they become disgruntled which adds pressure on players and manager. I don't think our supporters have thought critically towards some of the clubs circumstances in recent years and have instead lazily gone with the Talksport British media narrative about Arsenal being a weak spineless club, when actually we're the opposite of that.

Wenger didn't want a Director of Football, he has his own unique coaching philosophy and achieved top four finishes even when Arsenal weren't predicted to. I don't know perhaps he should've adapted to modern football and worked alongside someone else; but like I said his particular philosophy was more unique probably than any manager I've seen in European football history.
He wasn't perfect and got several things wrong throughout his career, but I think we can all say now that Arsène was not the big problem here he was portrayed to be in his final seasons.
I highly disagree with this post. Like all of us, AFTV are Arsenal fans and should be able to express their thoughts and views on the club. I actually wish more football clubs had their own fan-led channel.

And how exactly are we the opposite of a weak spineless club? We have an owner that doesn’t give a **** about the club, we have board members that don’t know what they’re doing, and we have a manager that should’ve been sacked months ago and plays terrible football. We are the PERFECT definition of a weak spineless club, tbh.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
AFTV are Arsenal fans like all of us, I really don’t know why some people here act as if AFTV is responsible for the club’s downfall? They have a right to express their frustration, imo.

It's because they don't care about the club? They profit from outrage and incite it for personal gain. Were caught on camera admiting it.

They helped create an enviroment that was much more toxic. Mind you, they weren't the only ones and are not to blame in isolation, but they have their fair share of reponsability.

Weliveinacrazyworld

It's because they don't care about the club? They profit from outrage and incite it for personal gain. Were caught on camera admiting it.

They helped create an enviroment that was much more toxic. Mind you, they weren't the only ones and are not to blame in isolation, but they have their fair share of reponsability.
If Arsenal players/board are disappointed with AFTV, then don’t give AFTV the ammo by showing some ambition both on and off the pitch. We’ve been on the decline for a good 5 years now, a toxic and divided fan base was inevitable. Arsenal have no one to blame but themselves.

GoonerJay24

I highly disagree with this post. Like all of us, AFTV are Arsenal fans and should be able to express their thoughts and views on the club. I actually wish more football clubs had their own fan-led channel.

And how exactly are we the opposite of a weak spineless club? We have an owner that doesn’t give a **** about the club, we have board members that don’t know what they’re doing, and we have a manager that should’ve been sacked months ago and plays terrible football. We are the PERFECT definition of a weak spineless club, tbh.
I completely agree and have always championed free speech. I also enjoy many fan channels on YT nowadays because they're a refreshing alternative to conventional sources like Sky Sports. But it's obvious AFTV have created toxicity. Like Bellerin said, they have thrived from Arsenal losing.

We're a strong club because although there's a real desire to win we want to do so in line with our values and Wenger's beliefs; playing good football, promoting youth players from around the world and winning with grace. Man Utd for instance have sold themselves in recent years for the whole footballing world to see, by paying daft money for the likes of Maguire and Pogba which creates an overpriced transfer market that negatively impacts smaller clubs.

I admit the Kroenkes aren't great and as I mentioned earlier, we'd feel more comfortable with people like Dein running the club. Surprisingly as a massive Arsenal fan I have never payed these current owners much attention, so don't know much about their motivations. I do think they care though; I heard someone on Talksport the other day saying they've never been to a match which isn't true. Kroenke attended all our cup finals bar the community shields since 2013. Before covid, Josh was having increased interest and was regularly in London to oversee things; even went to training and spoke with the whole team. I don't trust Kroenkes especially after the ESL attempt but some criticisms are exaggerated and baseless

El Duderino

If Arsenal players/board are disappointed with AFTV, then don’t give AFTV the ammo by showing some ambition both on and off the pitch. We’ve been on the decline for a good 5 years now, a toxic and divided fan base was inevitable. Arsenal have no one to blame but themselves.

Not the only point in contention here. You make it sound like AFTV has no choice but to fuel toxic discourse. They don't care about fans or fans voicing discontent.

They *want* the club to do badly. They profit and thrive from it.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Which makes them no different from the mainstream media........... is it AFTV's fault that we signed Mustafi and Xhaka? That we let Sanchez run down his contract then exchanged him for Mkhi? That we gave Özil a fat contract he didn't deserve? It is laughable to blame AFTV for the fact that Wenger was past it and had to go sooner or latter.

El Duderino

Which makes them no different from the mainstream media........... is it AFTV's fault that we signed Mustafi and Xhaka? That we let Sanchez run down his contract then exchanged him for Mkhi? That we gave Özil a fat contract he didn't deserve? It is laughable to blame AFTV for the fact that Wenger was past it and had to go sooner or latter.

You do understand that both things can be wrong and neither make the other one right, right?

scytheavatar

Established Member
You do understand that both things can be wrong and neither make the other one right, right?

You want to pretend that everything is AFTV's fault, that if AFTV was signing propaganda and praising Wenger he would still be our manager right now............. that's not how things work. Your Ornstein and other mainstream outlet were signing praises of Arteta and yet eventually fans turned on him one by one. There's a limit to how much you can do by sticking your head in the sand and pretending that real issues that need to be dealt with don't exist. The club wants AFTV to be all positive and not be able to profit from outrage? Easy way to do that, just win games and never lose them. AFTV can't be negative when that happens.

Top Bottom