• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Midfielder or in deNile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lad is a winner. Got more balls and ability than the majority of our current shower but yeah let's send him on loan.
But he has not even been good for them and they were pretty much down weeks ago. His speech was just that speech and the realistic players knew it was over

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sorry mate, no point of me even responding to that.
I think his agent sent this to the athletic and it’s nothing more than pr. it’s not like the club can come out and say it’s a lie. The AMN we watched at Arsenal for years was lazy and nonchalant who kept losing possession as right back with the dumbest passes. But now he is the leader we needed haha

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think his agent sent this to the athletic and it’s nothing more than pr. it’s not like the club can come out and say it’s a lie. The AMN we watched at Arsenal for years was lazy and nonchalant who kept losing possession as right back with the dumbest passes. But now he is the leader we needed haha
Like I said there's no point of me responding, you've already made your mind up about him. For the first time in my life I've made the effort to watch West Brom matches to see how he's getting on, I'll leave it at that.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Greatly contrasts all of the rumours we heard about his discipline back when Mik discarded him doesn't it.
Ainsley was done here after he was 5 minutes late to training. Artetas non negotiables and all that.

Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Greatly contrasts all of the rumours we heard about his discipline back when Mik discarded him doesn't it.
Everything I've read about AMN over the years is that he's a quiet lad with a determination to win, "ruthless" if you like. Why the hell you wouldn't want someone like that in your squad I don't know?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Everything I've read about AMN over the years is that he's a quiet lad with a determination to win, "ruthless" if you like. Why the hell you wouldn't want someone like that in your squad I don't know?
Because Ceballos "at least tries" to be a good midfielder and Elneny is the best in making those 5 yard sideways and backward passes. So we don't have space for Willock and AMN.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I can’t believe one article and AMN is this passionate player who puts it on the line for the team lool. It’s one thing to fall for or about a guy you don’t know, but a guy we watched 100 times is just amazing

Iceman10

Established Member
I can’t believe one article and AMN is this passionate player who puts it on the line for the team lool. It’s one thing to fall for or about a guy you don’t know, but a guy we watched 100 times is just amazing
AMN was one of our stars with the FA Cup win last season. What happened after that to so make him fall out of favour, with Bellerin not exactly going gangbusters with his performances? Rumours put out alluded to Ainsley's application and drive. The information in this article seems to disprove those rumours, that's all.

(all of this is separate from performance on the pitch, playing position preference, etc. )

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he signs for WBA permanently, he might even get to play against the mighty Arsenal in the Championship soon enough.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

AMN was one of our stars with the FA Cup win last season. What happened after that to so make him fall out of favour, with Bellerin not exactly going gangbusters with his performances? Rumours put out alluded to Ainsley's application and drive. The information in this article seems to disprove those rumours, that's all.

(all of this is separate from performance on the pitch, playing position preference, etc. )
He had couple of great games in the fa cup. But overall as rb he wasn’t great. He was very loose with the ball and kept losing concentration. Overall as a player he was a player that lacked any fire and desire and was very nonchalant. That’s the AMN I watched

Iceman10

Established Member
He had couple of great games in the fa cup. But overall as rb he wasn’t great. He was very loose with the ball and kept losing concentration. Overall as a player he was a player that lacked any fire and desire and was very nonchalant. That’s the AMN I watched
It's likely going to be one of those unresolved things for Arsenal because I've already pretty much given up on the club keeping him. Yes, he had errors in him, sometimes looked languid, but I always got the sense that with a run of games, as with late last season, his strengths came to the fore and his weaknesses showed up less. It's the problem of a run of games, as with Martinelli and a few others under Arteta also. For me he showed more cutting edge attacking wise and not really any worse defensive-wise compared with Bellerin, especially as Bellerin has never quite seemed to regain his recovery pace after injury.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's likely going to be one of those unresolved things for Arsenal because I've already pretty much given up on the club keeping him. Yes, he had errors in him, sometimes looked languid, but I always got the sense that with a run of games, as with late last season, his strengths came to the fore and his weaknesses showed up less. It's the problem of a run of games, as with Martinelli and a few others under Arteta also. For me he showed more cutting edge attacking wise and not really any worse defensive-wise compared with Bellerin, especially as Bellerin has never quite seemed to regain his recovery pace after injury.
He didn’t want to play rb and outside of 2-3 really good games he wasn’t better than bellerin. And yes bellerin is dogsh1t now. If one article from the athletic can change peoples mind about this guy. The job athletic will do for Arteta this summer will be so easy for them

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Lad is a winner. Got more balls and ability than the majority of our current shower but yeah let's send him on loan.
AMN has always tried to position himself as a leader ever since he was made captain of the U18 team, this was apparent in his early days for the U21s/U23s. It still raises questions about his overall nonchalant demeanour when playing, and the lack of focus at crucial points. I still feel an extended run of CM games where he gets to enjoy his football again will gradually change that.

Still think he's a shoe-in to leave. We get a decent £20m bump and he finally gets the midfield role he wants (hopefully).

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AMN has always tried to position himself as a leader ever since he was made captain of the U18 team, this was apparent in his early days for the U21s/U23s. It still raises questions about his overall nonchalant demeanour when playing, and the lack of focus at crucial points. I still feel an extended run of CM games where he gets to enjoy his football again will gradually change that.

Still think he's a shoe-in to leave. We get a decent £20m bump and he finally gets the midfield role he wants (hopefully).
Oh for sure he's gone, I've resigned myself to that now but it's still frustrating.

I've seen murmurings online of Leeds/Leicester but with Soumare joining Leicester perhaps Leeds would be more likely. Think that would be a great move for him, look at what Bielsa has done with the likes of Stuart Dallas.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Oh for sure he's gone, I've resigned myself to that now but it's still frustrating.

I've seen murmurings online of Leeds/Leicester but with Soumare joining Leicester perhaps Leeds would be more likely. Think that would be a great move for him, look at what Bielsa has done with the likes of Stuart Dallas.
Don't rule out Palace aswell. They need more energy in their midfield, he'd be the perfect player. Palace are a team I have a soft spot for so I'd love for a couple of our guys to go there and play.
I wonder what AMN would look like in a Bielsa team though :lol:. He has all the attributes, just needs to unlock an extra level of focus.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't rule out Palace aswell. They need more energy in their midfield, he'd be the perfect player. Palace are a team I have a soft spot for so I'd love for a couple of our guys to go there and play.
I wonder what AMN would look like in a Bielsa team though :lol:. He has all the attributes, just needs to unlock an extra level of focus.
Yeah Palace would be a good shout, they could definitely be doing with a bit more mobility in midfield but I would really love to see him in a Bielsa side, his energy alone makes him a great fit for them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Would have liked to have tried him in midfield next to Partey this season, think that would have given us a good mix of physical and technical attributes...least if we did, we would have known if he was good enough for us in that role.

Another wasted opportunity this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom