• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So, aside from a right-back, where I have currently really little ideas and knowledge, the 2 most important positions and my favorite choices, based on rumors and slightly unrealistics first targets would be:

CM: Camavinga, Buendia
LW/AM Grealish, ??

I have a hard time finding another name for our most important position that fills me with excitement other than Grealish.
What names to suggest ?
And I mean really really good, at least close to Grealish.

Aouar is no longer on my list, seems like a ******.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bissouma is a Wijnaldum type midfielder, won’t get you many goals or assists, isn’t a defensive midfielder but he’s a must in big games when it comes to retaining the ball and offering energy all game.

Would need a proper creative player next to him and Partey though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Bissouma is a Wijnaldum type midfielder, won’t get you many goals or assists, isn’t a defensive midfielder but he’s a must in big games when it comes to retaining the ball and offering energy all game.

Would need a proper creative player next to him and Partey though.
I think Partey is gonna get most of his minutes off the bench next season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt Bissouma mainly a workhorse without being a great passer. We'd just end up with the same situation where we just keep going wide. If we were serious we'd be going for Rice hes much better at progressing the ball. Him and Partey would double team anyone I think and be able to mvoe the ball centrally.

Preacher

Always Crying
05-10.PNG

Bissouma -> blue
Partey -> green

On paper they look like two very similar players. Questionable investment to me knowing that we just spent 50mln on Partey.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt Bissouma mainly a workhorse without being a great passer. We'd just end up with the same situation where we just keep going wide. If we were serious we'd be going for Rice hes much better at progressing the ball. Him and Partey would double team anyone I think and be able to mvoe the ball centrally.

Rice isn't a good progressive passer at all.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So, aside from a right-back, where I have currently really little ideas and knowledge, the 2 most important positions and my favorite choices, based on rumors and slightly unrealistics first targets would be:

CM: Camavinga, Buendia
LW/AM Grealish, ??

I have a hard time finding another name for our most important position that fills me with excitement other than Grealish.
What names to suggest ?
And I mean really really good, at least close to Grealish.

Aouar is no longer on my list, seems like a ******.

I think Buendia is more of an AM, no. Like just sign Bissouma and Buendia, why are we overthinking this. We could sign both of them by June, instead of chasing after other targets. Simples.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
View attachment 2882

Bissouma -> blue
Partey -> green

On paper they look like two very similar players. Questionable investment to me knowing that we just spent 50mln on Partey.
yes from watching him he look very similar player but we need this kind of players to get competition to Xhaka and Partey we really have no depth there.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

TornadoTed

Established Member
Bissouma was very anonymous against Wolves yesterday. That was only the 3rd or 4th time I've watched him but he hasn't stood out in any way in any of those matches. Of course such a small sample size isn't really a fair indication of what he is like though.

If he indeed is another Partey it would allow us to add an attacking right back. Tierney and say someone like Hakimi would carry a lot of attacking threat while still allowing us to be solid defensively.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ultimately I don't really get the criticism that he doesn't offer enough going forward. Firstly, that's why we also need to buy an AM. Like sure you want someone like Cesc, but that's pretty hard to find. Also right now we have two serviceable senior CMs in Partey and Xhaka. Guendouzi, Torreira, Ceballos and Elneny will/should all leave. We have Willock and Azeez, but we don't know if they'll be in the senior squad next season.

If we could only buy one player then i'd have doubts about it, cos we need creativity more, but assuming we're not total idiots (wishful thinking maybe) the club knows it needs a CM and a AM.

And as people have said, there's more than one way to skin a cat. If you have 4 offensive players in front of a Partey-Bissouma pivot, that could be enough. Likewise we should be targeting a better RB, and could push our fullbacks up. Liverpool were one of the best teams in Europe playing with midfields of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum, none of whom were particularly attacking.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
And as people have said, there's more than one way to skin a cat. If you have 4 offensive players in front of a Partey-Bissouma pivot, that could be enough. Likewise we should be targeting a better RB, and could push our fullbacks up. Liverpool were one of the best teams in Europe playing with midfields of Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum, none of whom were particularly attacking.
This!

Liverpool wins the ball easily enough to make constant pressure on other teams, and Partey-Bissouma partnership should help us with that.

As you are saying, with the right fullbacks we wouldn't need creative midfielders that much, but we also have a massive problem with our CB's, all of them are dreadful on the ball and can't pass

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it."

In short we want to play like Liverpool. Hence why we are linked with Hakimi, Bissouma and Camavinga thus far.

It's a specific way of playing but you need workhorse, athletic midfielders for it and a right back who is equal to Tierney.

If the board are hell bent in keeping Arteta then it will cost around £200M to get what he wants to play the way he wants.

Zaza

View attachment 2882

Bissouma -> blue
Partey -> green

Don't understand why people don't get this. We need a different profile in midfield. Imagine spending 30m on this guy after spunking 45m last season...waste of money.
This would only make sense if we had the money to get a Marquee LW and CF. We don't have the money to be this naive...

Legend14

Established Member
Ultimately I don't really get the criticism that he doesn't offer enough going forward. Firstly, that's why we also need to buy an AM. Like sure you want someone like Cesc, but that's pretty hard to find. Also right now we have two serviceable senior CMs in Partey and Xhaka. Guendouzi, Torreira, Ceballos and Elneny will/should all leave. We have Willock and Azeez, but we don't know if they'll be in the senior squad next season.

If we could only buy one player then i'd have doubts about it, cos we need creativity more, but assuming we're not total idiots (wishful thinking maybe) the club knows it needs a CM and a AM.

If we intend to play a double pivot then Bissouma should be a target. I have seen plenty of Bissouma games and he and Partey would benefit from playing together. They are similar players. Bissouma is faster and quicker, but lazier. You cannot beat Bissouma 1-1, but he may not chase someone down. Teams would struggle to bypass the two of them. Forget counter attacks; both are positionally aware.

I would pay 30-35 for Bissouma. I think there is room for improvement effort wise, but he is a legitimate young talent that has PL experience. Nothing to overthink here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom