• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can't believe he said that about ESR and Willian, they both scored their first Arsenal league goal, but one of them isn't on £150,000 a week ffs...Arteta can be such a weirdo sometimes :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Transfer underway, with Kroenke to appease Arsenal fans with star signing

Seems like the Arteta conspiration to force club to invest is taking strength. I read 3 articles saying arsenal is gonna get 3 big reinforcements and he wants four. One LB, RB, 2 in midfield and one CF.

Knowing this club I don't believe anything until I see them on red and white. Every year they promise signings to stop fans fury and at the end of the summer they always come with some excuses of how they failed.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I still laugh every time you hover over the title of this thread on the main forum.

Iceman10

Established Member
I was really calling for Arteta out as well but after these few days I'm thinking to give him another season with his summer transfers.
My argument is that imo this squad is of low quality and i would be Arteta out if we get a long term coach with good vision for attractive football and arsenal identity.
If we are going for Allegri, for example, then i can live with another season of Arteta. Imo an Allegri or Benitez won't transform these clowns on the pitch.
Arteta has shown at times that he is quite rigid and dug in with a seniority hierarchy. Is he going to buy more Willians that take playing time and development from others? ESR is one player to point to this season, but people wanted him in PL matches much sooner and we just don't know for sure if Arteta only ended up stumbling onto a solution (ESR) because other players were out with covid/injury. What I'm talking about here is a pattern, most recently shown with fan frustration with Arteta's management of Martinelli.

There are real questions about Arteta squandering money, as well as depreciating young players he marginalises at times. Our current club structure where he got promoted has blurred lines as to independent thought of Edu or whether Edu is just supporting what could be Arteta's iffy ideas (transfers, squad development). That all amounts to concerns of potential damage with the longer Arteta stays on, not just a matter of wait and see how next season starts off, or to make sure we are one instead of two managers away from everything clicking.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Man Arsenal must have the worst type of people covering them.
Man he is such a gimp, he got famous off of doing ****ty parody songs then went on to absolutely embarrass himself when he pretended he was ITK one summer. How he's managed to get hired by The Athletic after that I'll never know, but it does explain their ****ty content. At least when it comes to us.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Arteta has shown at times that he is quite rigid and dug in with a seniority hierarchy. Is he going to buy more Willians that take playing time and development from others? ESR is one player to point to this season, but people wanted him in PL matches much sooner and we just don't know for sure if Arteta only ended up stumbling onto a solution (ESR) because other players were out with covid/injury. What I'm talking about here is a pattern, most recently shown with fan frustration with Arteta's management of Martinelli.

There are real questions about Arteta squandering money, as well as depreciating young players he marginalises at times. Our current club structure where he got promoted has blurred lines as to independent thought of Edu or whether Edu is just supporting what could be Arteta's iffy ideas (transfers, squad development). That all amounts to concerns of potential damage with the longer Arteta stays on, not just a matter of wait and see how next season starts off, or to make sure we are one instead of two managers away from everything clicking.
Yeah i agree with you. I am not forgiving Arteta's mistakes but i don't want this typical strategical, defensive coach coming in making us look like prime Stoke city with results finishing 5th.

If possible a Potter or Rangnick... Would be really insane!

Riou

Arsenal's "Online reps" ...

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Fa658e5b1609407214167a8a3df9b3ab1.png

DPA2Zn3WsAMOOwS.jpg

DFF7Wd-XsAA8N_6.jpg

DB-Q8DWXkAEIRb4.jpg

...sums up the club quite nicely these days :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We should open up the poll again. I have been giving this more thought and I would be fine with giving Arteta another year.

It has been a poor season but we are still only 5 points or so off Liverpool and Sp**s. With some referee decisions going our way we would be level or above them.

Problem I have is that too many on AM make it seem like we should just easily brush aside teams like West Brom. West Brom is a team that put 5 past Chelsea just a little of a month ago and have played quite well over the last 2 months or so and have won or drawn quite a few games lately.

Yes, Arteta has made some mistakes but that was bound to happen given his inexperience.

I was really disappointed after the EL elimination but now I have calmed down. The team still plays for him and if the club backs him hopefully next season will be better.

My line of thinking is, Arteta should have been sacked.

He's not going to be sacked so I'm not going to constantly squeal about it all summer because it's not going to change anything in reality.

I'll hope he does a better job next season because I want Arsenal to do well.

If we're in a similar position around Christmas time he needs to be sacked. His goodwill from his first season and the FA Cup win has been more than used up.

Riou

If we're in a similar position around Christmas time he needs to be sacked. His goodwill from his first season and the FA Cup win has been more than used up.

This is what I imagine the board are thinking, think that's enough time to give a rookie manager too, he needs to show something next season pretty quickly.

No Europe next season should help him too.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
We should open up the poll again. I have been giving this more thought and I would be fine with giving Arteta another year.

It has been a poor season but we are still only 5 points or so off Liverpool and Sp**s. With some referee decisions going our way we would be level or above them.

Problem I have is that too many on AM make it seem like we should just easily brush aside teams like West Brom. West Brom is a team that put 5 past Chelsea just a little of a month ago and have played quite well over the last 2 months or so and have won or drawn quite a few games lately.

Yes, Arteta has made some mistakes but that was bound to happen given his inexperience.

I was really disappointed after the EL elimination but now I have calmed down. The team still plays for him and if the club backs him hopefully next season will be better.
Some fans must love mediocrity. You really want to give him another session to waste our transfer budget instead of having us fix the rot and start that by firing our worst manger in history.

Top Bottom