• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I think club will sack him at the end of the season. No way they are dumb enough to have Mikel in charge when the season starts and fans can enter the stadium.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I don’t have any issue with other fans having a different opinion on Arteta. As you can see from what I posted I am wavering quite a bit on what to make of Arteta. Don’t think anyone sane can be 100% for or against Arteta based on any reasonable facts. Given his inexperience and the poor season we have had I think more is in favor of not seeing him as a long term coach for Arsenal. I am not just there myself. I also keep thinking about Bill Belichick and the fact he was fired after a season or two by the Cleveland Browns only to go on to be the most successful NFL coach ever right afterwards with the New England Patriots.

I also feel we are underestimating Villarreal and Emery. I am not convinced Man U will win the final. OGS is not a particularly great coach. They have some really good players and he makes them comfortable which has carried them so far. That and the referees, which might not be the case in Europe. So let’s wait and see.
You can reasonably be 100% Arteta out. His inexperience has never been a justification for his results as Arsenal should not be a training ground for new managers. It’s also clear he has some ways ahead for him to develop. Maybe he will become a top manager one day, maybe he won’t. What’s clear is that he’s far from there at the moment and Arsenal should not be the place where he figures out. We simply cannot afford that.

Reactions: Kav

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I could live with that. It isn’t that he is a nailed on success to be sure. And he needs to produce results over time. So far he has won 1 FA Cup which is good. League results need to improve though.

For a post on AM that is both shortsighted and silly. Well done! :no:
Name calling is a great alternative to when you have no solid rebuttal arguments.
Your misplaced faith in Arteta comes from what? Pep saying nice things in a press conference about a former colleague? Auba singlehandedly winning him the FA cup? Where does the faith come from.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Arsenal should not be a training ground for new managers.
Clearly the club hierarchy thinks different as they considered hiring him even before they went with Emery and then he had even less experience.

Look, I don't necessarily disagree all that much. He wasn't my first pick. I was hoping for Klopp in 2015. He would have been just what the doctor ordered. Or Tuchel when he was available this season.

Let's see where things go. Hopefully Arteta learns and learns quick if he stays.

• Dislike

Iceman10

Established Member
I think club will sack him at the end of the season. No way they are dumb enough to have Mikel in charge when the season starts and fans can enter the stadium.
Let’s see what happens with the Chelsea match. I don’t think fans are focused enough in a sustained sense, I already see many running off with dreams of how they would spend 200m this summer. I don’t want Arsenal to lose any match, but it is a bit crazy how things can shift based on the last result. We’re only a few days removed from going out to Villarreal and you can see how details of how that was all terribly mismanaged can be distracted by whatever propaganda is put out by the club, or on behalf of the owners/manager.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Why for the love of god is this cretin still our manager?

FFS Edu - you can't be tthat thick. Vinai definitely, but your an invincible. Surely the invincibles are talking to you to can this Fraud.

He is ruining our team and made signings play crap.
Heck, maybe Wilian is better with a new manager - TBF you backed him too. You can see Arteta ruining every good player.

Get rid of him man FFS. Read these forums. Read the atmosphere.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Let’s see what happens with the Chelsea match. I don’t think fans are focused enough in a sustained sense, I already see many running off with dreams of how they would spend 200m this summer. I don’t want Arsenal to lose any match, but it is a bit crazy how things can shift based on the last result. We’re only a few days removed from going out to Villarreal and you can see how details of how that was all terribly mismanaged can be distracted by whatever propaganda is put out by the club, or on behalf of the owners/manager.

I think finishing 10th and anymore losses will make his position untenable with fans. Villarreal was a turning point and if it even turned hairspray, I can see it turning other remaining die hard. I think KSE might be in for a surprise with season ticket renewals.

Why for the love of god is this cretin still our manager?

FFS Edu - you can't be tthat thick. Vinai definitely, but your an invincible. Surely the invincibles are talking to you to can this Fraud.

He is ruining our team and made signings play crap.
Heck, maybe Wilian is better with a new manager - TBF you backed him too. You can see Arteta ruining every good player.

Get rid of him man FFS. Read these forums. Read the atmosphere.

Ownership is truly thick. Then again, they thought it was a good idea to hire someone with zero experience, despite the complexity of the job with the rebuild.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Clearly the club hierarchy thinks different as they considered hiring him even before they went with Emery and then he had even less experience.

Look, I don't necessarily disagree all that much. He wasn't my first pick. I was hoping for Klopp in 2015. He would have been just what the doctor ordered. Or Tuchel when he was available this season.

Let's see where things go. Hopefully Arteta learns and learns quick if he stays.
The club hierarchy are inept. That’s probably something we can agree on. This is why I can’t trust any “process” that’s being steered by them. FYI - Klopp was also my #1 Wenger replacement candidate. My new #1 is Conte. I think he can get us the title next year with no Europe.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Agree - Conte would get us the title. He got a team that was written off Seria A Championship.

Lukaku led the line.

They had Ashley Young, Darmian, Sanchez, and Kolorov in that team - players that are past it.

scytheavatar

Established Member

There is nothing Arteta can learn, we have seen enough of him to know his philosophy and attitude. He either has it in him to teach our players stuff that other managers can't teach, or he doesn't.

IMHO Arteta is just Emery in a different skin, he subscribes to Emery's chameleon football and attitude of setting his team not to be humiliated rather than to win. So I am not sure where your confidence in Arteta is coming from, it's just a question of when he is getting sacked.

Last edited:

ArtetaOut

Found the start of this pretty triggering, with that City fan saying “City and Chelsea have won more PL’s”... yeah because your club got billions from a sugar daddy you Manc ****.

Chelsea and City fans can’t criticise Arsenal, they simply won the lottery.
What lottery? We had better options to choose from after the sacking of Emery, but noooo the Kroenkes and their minions like you had to push your disgusting Arteta agenda and landed us into this mess. Stop being a hypocrite. Lottery my a***.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
What lottery? We had better options to choose from after the sacking of Emery, but noooo the Kroenkes and their minions like you had to push your disgusting Arteta agenda and landed us into this mess. Stop being a hypocrite. Lottery my a***.

classic gaslighting. Trying to convince the fan base that we couldn’t get a top manager. ****ing ****s had the gall to hire someone with no ****ing experience.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I had a feeling this would happen with one or two the longer after the Villareal two legs. If one is stuck with the allure of a supposed young manager with a high ceiling growing into a job despite inexperience, just remember the poor selections, game plans, tactics, in-game management, etc. over the two legs against Villareal. It is all factual and verifiable. Remember that was 18 months into the job. Does that show a young manager evolving on an upwards trend, or are there signs of traits that won't change? There are also things with management of players like Martinelli, where there is a pattern established with no signs of change. There is just a picture of Arteta's development curve as a manager, just like young players are scouted to assess their remaining development curves.

For me it wasn't the two legs against Villareal, it was similar with approaches in matches against West Ham and Liverpool earlier, but I do think the evidence was for anyone to see if they break down why we lost to Villareal, 18 months into his job.

Don't worry, I'm not trying hard to convert you, you are free to think your own way and the poll above is good enough for me in seeing around 85% of Arsenal fans feel the same way I do. I'm just laying out why I feel there is no solid argument to defend Arteta anymore because your comment perhaps shows some disconnect from understanding why people are where they are at with Arteta, where there are solid rational arguments against him, not just irrational hate.
Pretty much nailed it. I understand the need to give more chances to Arteta because he is young and has a learning curve. But there must be sign of him learning from his mistakes. It's been close to 1.5 years since he joined and he doesn't seem to even accept mistakes when he make them. A person who shifts blame on others everytime he makes a mistake is never going to fix those mistakes and will never improve. The only good thing about this season is development of ESR and that happened because his hands were forced.

So far there is no visible learning curve. He seems to be stuck in his methods and very stubborn. It's one thing when someone like Mourinho who has achieved a lot in his career is stubborn and arrogant. It's another thing for someone who is just starting his career to act like that.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I find it hard to understand why a young manager should be held to a different standard to an older one, if Arteta has things to learn he shouldn't be hired to our manager. He should be managing our youth team instead to gain the experience. People say we hired Wenger who was an unknown and developed him, well Wenger already had achievements and years of experience so you cannot say he needed to learn. And he didn't need long to make an impact to our performances.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I give the achievement of that improvement to Emile Smith Rowe just like Özil did when Artera just arrived and play him.

The moment the clueless manager stoped playing 3 at the back and started using ESR we got instantly better. But that's because of ESR job. Clearly example is when Ødegaard plays and ESR doesn't.

That guy is doing a job for improving the team to the point is reflected in the table. I know you are gonna say is Arteta's merit to play him... But I say is ESR merits to doesn't look like garbage even with our worst manager in 25 years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I wanted Mikel out if we went out of the EL at the semi final stage. Tbh I think going out of the EL and not having European football could be a blessing in disguise. But On the manager himself... I still don't dislike him like many do on here.

Last night I went back to something he said in December -

"We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it."

Now I know top managers should be able to use what they have well. But so many things are out of place for us to even begin thinking about playing in the 433 Mikel wants.

If that's his philosophy he hasn't been able to implement it at all. Mainly due to the lack of creative players in the side. He was forced to sign a AM to bring in creativity. Things would've been very very different if we signed Aouar imo.

Anyway that's besides the point, it looks like the board are persisting with him until at least the winter. So let's back the window, get him HIS team for the way he wants to play. And then we will really see if he's any good or if he really is a bigger flop than me after 2 beers.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I wanted Mikel out if we went out of the EL at the semi final stage. Tbh I think going out of the EL and not having European football could be a blessing in disguise. But On the manager himself... I still don't dislike him like many do on here.

Last night I went back to something he said in December -

"We want to move to a 4-3-3 but for that, you need a lot of specificity in every position but now in five or six positions, we don’t have it."

Now I know top managers should be able to use what they have well. But so many things are out of place for us to even begin thinking about playing in the 433 Mikel wants.

If that's his philosophy he hasn't been able to implement it at all. Mainly due to the lack of creative players in the side. He was forced to sign a AM to bring in creativity. Things would've been very very different if we signed Aouar imo.

Anyway that's besides the point, it looks like the board are persisting with him until at least the winter. So let's back the window, get him HIS team for the way he wants to play. And then we will really see if he's any good or if he really is a bigger flop than me after 2 beers.
Just marry him!!
Mickey Mouse Love GIF

Vicki

Let's see how long you will hold out.
I told myself i wouldn't watch Arsenal anymore either after Villareal yet i called off a BBQ to see the West Brom game.
After the Villareal game I gave football a miss til Saturday morning. Logged in here, read Riou's post about Sam going down and then smashing up the Emirates on Monday, which put me in a positive mood.
Logged out, and did something constructive for the rest of the day.
Tuned in to the game with 25 mins. til kick off. Looked at the line up. Saw WIllian and Ceballos.
Went to the bath-room and necked 10mg valium.
Watched the first 5 mins., and then told the Missus I was going to bed.
Even the offer of a half-time hand-job couldn't tempt me, plus I'd already taken the Valium, ffs.

She supposedly came in to tell me we were 2-0 up, but I was already out for the count

Vicki

The amount of times I have said... "That's it, I am done with this team!" ...only to be watching the next match completely invested...I have lost count, tbh.

For better or worse, til death do us part...that's not marriage, that's you and your football club :lol:
Yup!

TBF the first thing I did when I got up after the valium episode was check my phone to see the score.
Pleasantly surprised to see the 3-1, then remembered the offer from Missus last night.
That offer had expired, sadly!

Top Bottom