• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He should go and play football and ignore about the position he want to play. him being able to play in 2-3 positions will make clubs want him Anything between 15-20M will be good business

Goonger

So in the past 8 months or so, we've had Wolves, Leicester & West Brom all interested, now we can add Southampton & Leeds, & I've seen snippets suggesting West Ham as well as currently they only really have Noble is their 3rd choice after Rice & Soucek.

Surely we can hit the £20M mark with that level of interest?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We should have sold him last summer. He's a good player but not good enough. Saints or Leeds would give him the game time he wants, maybe even the position. He wont get either here.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
So in the past 8 months or so, we've had Wolves, Leicester & West Brom all interested, now we can add Southampton & Leeds, & I've seen snippets suggesting West Ham as well as currently they only really have Noble is their 3rd choice after Rice & Soucek.

Surely we can hit the £20M mark with that level of interest?
Yes 20m is realistic and fair price specially after decent 6 months with Westbrom

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He should go and play football and ignore about the position he want to play. him being able to play in 2-3 positions will make clubs want him Anything between 15-20M will be good business
Nah he shouldn't ignore it if he isn't enjoying his football. This is part of the whole reason why he's leaving, he doesn't want to play RB anymore. Him sacrificing that only benefits us in hindsight, not him as a player. Enough teams appear to want him as a midfield option that it shouldn't be too much of a problem to us.

Kav

Established Member
He should ignore what he wants for himself and his career so that Arsenal can profit?

....Right

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He should ignore what he wants for himself and his career so that Arsenal can profit?

....Right
he insisting being a midfielder no club can promise him that i think he'll have future as CM but for now he just need to play regular football.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He is 23 years old. In the current world, I think this is when you play the position that's going to last till end of the career.
If he caves now and starts playing RB, he'll be there for the rest of his career - which he obviously doesn't want and I don't blame him. I've long said he will never reach his full potential as a RB and it's a waste for him. He's right on this - CM or bust, even if he has to drop a level first.

Balboa

If he caves now and starts playing RB, he'll be there for the rest of his career - which he obviously doesn't want and I don't blame him. I've long said he will never reach his full potential as a RB and it's a waste for him. He's right on this - CM or bust, even if he has to drop a level first.
Do you think he can play as a 6 in a two man midfield or do you think he's more of an 8 in a midfield 3?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think he can play as a 6 in a two man midfield or do you think he's more of an 8 in a midfield 3?
I don't think he has enough thrust in the final 3rd to really make an advanced 8 role work. Ironic given he used to be a winger - he has the dribbling skill but not so much the end product at this stage. Would take significant development.

I think his best role in the future is definitely as more of a defensive 8 or a 6. He is a good duel winner 1v1 and he has the energy to cover space pretty well. I think his passing in this area of the pitch is a lot better and he gets more touches of the ball. Seems to have a better idea of where to be in that role, as evidenced by his early stints in the position vs Southampton and Galatasaray. He has characteristics that can help with progressing the ball forward aswell. As ever, the challenge with him is to apply himself a bit more over a full 90 mins and not be so idle. It's really up to him once he leaves Arsenal.

If he can add more attacking thrust to his game, then I could maybe see him make a pure B2B role work, but at the moment I think he does his best work entirely in the lower-to-middle 3rd.

billyf

One thing that should be mentioned is that both the midfielders we loaned away in January improved a lot in a 3 man midfield. Perhaps, this means something mr. Arteta.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We've got plenty of midfielders,only way I'd even contemplate amn staying is as a back up RB or a utility player.

£20m bid comes in, we should take it, we need to b more ruthless when selling player and less sentimental. You might win or lose some, but at least the money is in th bank and we can spend it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Again with AMN, I only support it if we go for a 433. Pointless if we continue the shape we have seen for the second half of this season.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

This bit is actually very strange, since Arteta said he was in constant contact with our Loans guy when it came to Saliba. Wonder if Mik was not being completely truthful there?

Either way, it's not a good look for the club leaving a player out to dry like that and it does not augur well for our other loanees, maybe bar Willock. Our loans have had issues the past few years and is something that we need to do better as a club overall.

Would love your take on this @MutableEarth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom