• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Konstantinos Mavropanos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Saw a Z tweet earlier today saying Sven wanted Mavro at Stuttgart, but back as a loan extension. ffs, this club really needs to work on its rep to show it won't be screwed around with anymore. Cash in with another club if neccessary, must be interest with other clubs in Germany, or bring him back.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Saw a Z tweet earlier today saying Sven wanted Mavro at Stuttgart, but back as a loan extension. ffs, this club really needs to work on its rep to show it won't be screwed around with anymore. Cash in with another club if neccessary, must be interest with other clubs in Germany, or bring him back.

Broke that news some days ago already. Stuttgart want Mavro and it seems like it's going to be another loan with obligation or option to buy.

Iceman10

Established Member
Broke that news some days ago already. Stuttgart want Mavro and it seems like it's going to be another loan with obligation or option to buy.
Looking through the previous page it confirms my impression that earlier in the week there were noises about Sven M at Stuttgart approaching the club to buy (permanent), but more recent quotes are now about extension of the loan, perhaps because Sven/Stuttgart have financial challenges or are possibly trying to take advantage of Charity FC. You have the best direct knowledge though for this kind of stuff. The problem of course with option to buy, if that is what is proposed, is that is no guarantee that can be financially planned around. If it is obligation, that is better, but have to check because this is a player with injury history.

Toby

Looking through the previous page it confirms my impression that earlier in the week there were noises about Sven M at Stuttgart approaching the club to buy (permanent), but more recent quotes are now about extension of the loan, perhaps because Sven/Stuttgart have financial challenges or are possibly trying to take advantage of Charity FC. You have the best direct knowledge though for this kind of stuff. The problem of course with option to buy, if that is what is proposed, is that is no guarantee that can be financially planned around. If it is obligation, that is better, but have to check because this is a player with injury history.

It's definitely about finances. Think it'll be around 8m probably, and Stuttgart can't just chuck that out during Covid without sales. Right now doesn't look like we'll lose our biggest assets bar maybe Kobel, but then we need that money to buy a new GK.

Iceman10

Established Member
It's definitely about finances. Think it'll be around 8m probably, and Stuttgart can't just chuck that out during Covid without sales. Right now doesn't look like we'll lose our biggest assets bar maybe Kobel, but then we need that money to buy a new GK.
Tks for info. That's kind of what I mean with Charity FC. From our perspective we don't get the cash now because Stuttgart part want it held for a GK. Sales are pretty integral to our plans for this summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
shame Stuttgart really not great financially they'd give us about 10-15m. Sven desperatly want him to stay put.

Iceman10

Established Member
So we are now locked into keeping him or a re-loan with no guarantee of Stuttgart buying the player down the line. Sven M has played this well, but for Arsenal this isn't great if the plan was to cash in to help with summer buys. By itself this might not seem like a big deal, but it is accumulation. Snags with everything, be it Kola, Guen, Torreira, or whoever else.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are just gonna keeping loaning him there, until he joins them on a free...what are we doing, ffs :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea would be getting 20m for him easily, they're gonna get about 30m for Tomori!

Last summer, I would have told Saliba and Mavro that I would be giving them chances this season, wouldn't have loaned either out this year.

I probably wouldn't even have went for Gabriel, even though I think he is a good player...would have used this year to try and develop Dino and William.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Last summer, I would have told Saliba and Mavro that I would be giving them chances this season, wouldn't have loaned either out this year.

I probably wouldn't even have went for Gabriel, even though I think he is a good player...would have used this year to try and develop Dino and William.

I don't understand the long-term planning of our CBs, probably because there hasn't been a coherent plan. If the club wasn't prepared to develop two young foreign CBs at the same time, why did they spend money on two young foreign CBs in successive summers?

Tbh i'll be pretty peeved if the club buys another CB this summer. We bought Saliba and Gabriel, play them and develop them. We're only playing once a week, 4 CBs is probably fine.

If they make mistakes and we wanna complain about a lack of experience, well, tough, shouldn't have bought them then.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if other club than Stuttgart came to us and offer good money we need to sell i really don't care about Sven we can't keep loaning out players Mavro value is good now so sell him now or he'll become another Torreria with zero value.

Toby

So we are now locked into keeping him or a re-loan with no guarantee of Stuttgart buying the player down the line. Sven M has played this well, but for Arsenal this isn't great if the plan was to cash in to help with summer buys. By itself this might not seem like a big deal, but it is accumulation. Snags with everything, be it Kola, Guen, Torreira, or whoever else.

From what I'm hearing it's definitely loan with obligation to buy, not option. Mislintat and Matarazzo want him on a permanent basis, but due to Covid and finances it's tough this season. Also seems like contrary to the general fear there won't be too many top performers leaving: Silas has torn his ACL and thus won't leave, Mangala , Coulibaly and Gonzalez injured, too. These are the 20m assets we got. I strongly assume Kalajdzic, Anton and Endo will stay as they seem very settled and haven't been here that long.

The obvious candidates to leave are Sosa who's apparently attracted interest from Bayern, Kobel who's on Dortmund's list to replace Bürki & Hitz as well as CB Kempf whom Eintracth Frankfurt are sniffing around. I'm doubtful about Sosa leaving, but losing Kobel and Kempf might happen, means we need a left footed CB and a GK while probably receiving around 20 to 25m for both together. Some of that will go into cash reserves due to Covid and then there's the need for replacments. So it's about keeping Mavro permanently but not having to pay the fee yet due to other uncertainties.

Toby

With Mavro it made sens to loan him. He came off a stretch of injuries then his loan to Nuremburg during which he was injured in the beginning, too, and only hit some form in the second half of the season - and remember that was 2. Bundesliga. Made sense to loan him out to get past his injuries and then get regular game time in a European to flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom