• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy

But how is he going to improve and develop when he is playing 10 games a season, Tierney is one of the first names on the team sheet.

He’ll get more than 10 games. He’ll also improve by training and learning from Tierney. Not to mention he’ll be more likely to keep KT on his toes than a over the hill Bertrand only after one last big pay cheque.

Iceman10

Established Member
Forget this guy. Tyrick Mitchell is available on a free. 21, PL experience, plenty of room to improve. Let’s get him. The worst we’ll do is turn a tidy profit if he doesn’t amount to much.

Pretty much a no-brainer. With options like this I think we can go cold on Bertrand for now.

senna

Forget this guy. Tyrick Mitchell is available on a free. 21, PL experience, plenty of room to improve. Let’s get him. The worst we’ll do is turn a tidy profit if he doesn’t amount to much.

I doubt he's out of contract this summer, palace likely would not have played him at the start of the season without having him tied down and given they are in some financial difficulties I'm sure a lot more would be made if he was out of contract.

Also it woudlnt be a free - it would go to tribunal for U21 bosman's between PL clubs but yeah doubt it will be much more than £5m if he was out of contract.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Smart signing to be fair i hope we get him. at least we won't s**t ourselves when Tierney get injured.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Arsenal twitter so funny they want us buy 30M LB to be backup of 23 years old Tierney 🤣

Iceman10

Established Member
not clear but at southampton he between 50-60K a week. the contract length will be problem but i think it'll be 2 years plus 1 option.
The problem happens when we are desperate to offer what other clubs won't for the player signature. Not a fan of this option, but the real problem is we have a great player in Tierney who is out so much with injuries.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The problem happens when we are desperate to offer what other clubs won't for the player signature. Not a fan of this option, but the real problem is we have a great player in Tierney who is out so much with injuries.
the problem we facing here we won't be targeting young LB because his chances will be so limited and that will block his development so we'll target players like Betrand who won't mind be as squad player and he can also play RB-LB. we need to target young RB.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'd be fine with a two year option on okay wages, tbh. Rather we pay a bit more upfront as a signing on fee, that way we can move him after 12 months if need be.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
the problem we facing here we won't be targeting young LB because his chances will be so limited and that will block his development so we'll target players like Betrand who won't mind be as squad player and he can also play RB-LB. we need to target young RB.
Tierney has missed nearly half of the PL games since he’s joined, the back up LB has to be quality because he’s going to play a lot.

Iceman10

Established Member
My thinking is the opposite. I think this signing is going to be needed quite a lot because of likelihood of Tierney injury issues continuing. so we need a capable first team alternate rather than just a basic deputy. The problem for me though is if this is last big contract for another player we sign we risk ending up looking silly again with potential player motivation/drive issues.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Tierney has missed nearly half of the PL games since he’s joined, the back up LB has to be quality because he’s going to play a lot.
Yes but i'm not really fan of spending 20-30M on backup LB I'm more open spending that kind of money on RB.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom