• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They took your badge?

C1496165-8-D6-A-4886-A408-5-DCE244-B4-E1-F.gif

Indeed.

A piece of me died when they took it, but a much bigger piece of the forum died that day tbh.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Hes being honest and it's exactly what I said a few weeks ago. Most of the players in this squad you can only take so far. You cant develop bellerin or nketiah because they don't have the skill set to be taken very far. Same goes for Holding, Elneny and many others.
why does he play them then? Those are easy targets.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
*sigh*

This mindset worries me. Arteta needs some serious introspection, I'm not seeing the honest desire from him to get the most out of what he has here - that's what truly makes a great manager imo.

He's moving like @Football Manager in disguise :lol:
He sounds like he wants to manage Man City where money is no issue.
He is taking us for granted.

After careful thought, here is a somewhat objective list of positives and negatives of Mikel Arteta this season:
Positives:
1. That away performance at OT vs United.
2. Beating Jose Mourinho (and absolutely dominating Sp**s) at home.
3. Beating Leicester Away in convincing fashion (against the man many are voting as his replacement).
4. The Chelsea home game.
5. I guess making it to the semi-final of the EL was the bare minimum expected.
6. Getting rid of a lot of dead wood was also a plus.

Negatives:
1. The loses vs Man City and Liverpool in league and cup ties were very hard to take. It was the manner in which we were dominated on every single level that was so alarming.
2. The two games vs Aston Villa were also very hard to watch.
3. Getting dumped out of the semi-final against Emery, and the manner of the performance was shocking.
4. We don't know what happened behind closed doors, but one can assume he mismanaged William Saliba.
5.The purchases of Willian and Cedric have not been justified.

Any other key points I've missed?

Anyone think there are enough positives to warrant at least another half season before getting rid of him?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
After careful thought, here is a somewhat objective list of positives and negatives of Mikel Arteta this season:
Positives:
1. That away performance at OT vs United.
2. Beating Jose Mourinho (and absolutely dominating Sp**s) at home.
3. Beating Leicester Away in convincing fashion (against the man many are voting as his replacement).
4. The Chelsea home game.
5. I guess making it to the semi-final of the EL was the bare minimum expected.
6. Getting rid of a lot of dead wood was also a plus.

Negatives:
1. The loses vs Man City and Liverpool in league and cup ties were very hard to take. It was the manner in which we were dominated on every single level that was so alarming.
2. The two games vs Aston Villa were also very hard to watch.
3. Getting dumped out of the semi-final against Emery, and the manner of the performance was shocking.
4. We don't know what happened behind closed doors, but one can assume he mismanaged William Saliba.
5.The purchases of Willian and Cedric have not been justified.

Any other key points I've missed?

Anyone think there are enough positives to warrant at least another half season before getting rid of him?
Virtually every game against mid table dross was a negative

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Off topic but I don't get names like @HairSprayGooners. Is it like multiple Arsenal fans who like using hair spray owning this one account? Or is it just one guy trying to tell us Arsenal fans to use hair spray? Or is it that because Arteta uses a lot of hair spray we Arsenal fans should like him?🤔

Joestlaachmkr

I really wonder what in the hell Gazidiz, Vinai and Edu saw in this guy, it seems like they thought Arteta would become the next Pep Guardiola just he was Pep’s assistant at City.

Pathetic to say the least.

Iceman10

Established Member
I really wonder what in the hell Gazidiz, Vinai and Edu saw in this guy, it seems like they thought Arteta would become the next Pep Guardiola just he was Pep’s assistant at City.

Pathetic to say the least.
Gazidis wasn't around for the decision, was he?.Just asking because I've seen enough incompetence from Vinai to justify him being sacked at least six times over, but tolerance of mediocrity is the identity of the club at present.

Edit: ok, Mikel was in the shortlist while Gazidis was here, but at least he did pass him over for someone experienced who got us 5th in his first season.

Joestlaachmkr

Gazidis wasn't around for the decision, was he?.Just asking because I've seen enough incompetence from Vinai to justify him being sacked at least six times over, but tolerance of mediocrity is the identity of the club at present.

Edit: ok, Mikel was in the shortlist while Gazidis was here, but at least he did pass him over for someone experienced who got us 5th in his first season.
Gazidiz originally wanted Arteta as a successor to Wenger. But Gazidiz chosed Emery at the end cause he was «impressed» by Emery’s knowledge of our 17/18 squad, and by the fact that Emery told the board that he could win titles with that squad.

I wanted Gazidiz out of AFC for years before he finally left the club. And i have certainly not been impressed with the job Vinai & Edu has put up, they both deserve to get kicked out in my opinion.

Iceman10

Established Member
Gazidiz originally wanted Arteta as a successor to Wenger. But Gazidiz chosed Emery at the end cause he was «impressed» by Emery’s knowledge of our 17/18 squad, and by the fact that Emery told the board that he could win titles with that squad.

I wanted Gazidiz out of AFC for years before he finally left the club. And i have certainly not been impressed with the job Vinai & Edu has put up, they both deserve to get kicked out in my opinion.
Yeah, agree on Gazidis, he is a chief villain. Just wanted to deconvolute because there is more than enough to pin solely on Vinai now. Even the club structure that ended up shafting Emery, even though some of that preceded Vinai, Vinai fully embraced it all and presented it to fans as some sort of groundbreaking genius (in videos with Sanllehi).

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Not sure why the topic of 'squad' keeps coming up like we've just ended up 5th and just lost out on 4th place.

We're 9th with a quality of squad that is too good to be so low. It's like saying a car is not fast enough even though you're not even driving anywhere near its top speed.

I remember after the Fulham game, people were saying that after Partey is signed we will definitely be STRONG contenders for 4th place. Now all of a sudden we have poverty level squad that is only capable of 9th.

3 months ago, maybe people thought the same for Chelsea, that they are barely a top 4 side. Present day and they will end up as potentially the best team in Europe and a double.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I can’t believe that quote about not being able to get more out of the players. This **** is picking Mari over Gabriel, sent Saliba away and instead played Holding/Mustafi and he has also got rid of Guendouzi in favour of Xhaka and Elneny. Those are all players who have the potential to improve. He has signed Cedric and Willian, two players who are never going to get better.

Well and truly sick of this guy.

Top Bottom