• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Here's the vid:

nice non-negotiable mention at the end there

Good stuff. You can tell it hurt him being misquoted by the media. Supposedly professional people shouldn't be making these sort of errors.

Hopefully it puts an end to the ''Arteta throws the player under the bus to save his own skin'' stuff, for at least 5 minutes...Every word out of his own mouth tonight totally contradicts that view.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also the manager is totally right to call players that not preforming the culture in this club stinks of being comfertable and even if you not putting good performance you'll not get punish for. i know Arteta didn't follow that in some parts in season with Willian and recentley Ceballos but you'd want your manager be strong at his players not a c((t like Mourinho but more stronger approach.

Iceman10

Established Member
Mmm. He was pretty controlled but you could see the anger. I wonder if Auba or someone called him out. He's not mine. He'll have to do much better to be mine :lol:
At least he showed emotion. Would like to start seeing some warmth also. Haven't really seen any Arsène type humour. Without all of that everything is tight and that is what could cause players to be uptight when they go on the pitch, with slow starts.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
06pbrdsuiry61.jpg

:lol:

Kav

Established Member
Here's the vid:

nice non-negotiable mention at the end there

Wow, you can see he's really torn up about being misquoted and misconstrued.

I understand, he's exhibiting a bit of humility here. There may be hope for him on the man management side.

I didn't get to see the match so i won't comment on it. Just glad that we won.

What was our tactical set up and how would you guys rate Arteta's in game management?

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Also the manager is totally right to call players that not preforming the culture in this club stinks of being comfertable and even if you not putting good performance you'll not get punish for. i know Arteta didn't follow that in some parts in season with Willian and recentley Ceballos but you'd want your manager be strong at his players not a c((t like Mourinho but more stronger approach.

Problem is that he does that and then he pulls his galaxy brain stuff the following game.

Plus you deal with those things internally, specially after your team failed every possible goal it has thus far.

I was annoyed about the "I'll protect my players" but because it doesn't feel like he does that at all.

Alexs

I said the other day I wanted us to lose to West Brom. First time since 1976 I’ve said that. But Chelsea? No, they are the most hateful team in the league, including Sp**s, and have to be beaten. Even in a meaningless game by our crazy inept manager.

Reactions: Kav

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can have an opinion. But i guess you are right. He will stay and therefore we have to hope he does well. He isnt our biggest problem anyway.

Of course. My mentality is simply don't stress about things you can't change. If it was going to change it would've been after the semi final defeat but that's long gone now.

And to be fair to the players and Mikel they've bounced back well.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A very aggressive interview that had the interviewer on the back foot. He was mad that what he said pre match had been misconstrued and says every player is giving everything. He says the club is not broken within and he will not anyone break it. He admits its been a top season. His voice is still croaky and dry. He's a cornered man.
I saw that, but I am confused - there is literally a video of him saying those things? F*ck this guy man.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wow, you can see he's really turnip about being misquoted and misconstrued.

I understand, he's exhibiting a bit of humility here. There may be hope for him on the man management side.

I didn't get to see the match so i won't comment on it. Just glad that we won.

What was our tactical set up and how would you guys rate Arteta's in game management?

We lost the midfield and press battle all game, Mari gave it away and Havertz fluffed it bad, but defended well against the onslaught from Chelsea after that.

Other than a Giroud ball or two at the end the only chance you thought was going in came from an office goal.

Attack was non existant and we lacked creativity in the counter, but thanks to Jorginho we got the dub.

Reactions: Kav

Latest posts+

Top Bottom