• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea Vs Arsenal Wednesday 12th May Sky Sports Non Event 20:15

Will you watch this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Missed the game live today. Watching it after knowing the final score.

Are we that bad, or is Chelsea that good? We look a full class or two below them. It could easily be 6-1, 60 minutes in.

We already know we need a new manager. The strategy today was designed for us to take a substantial beating.

Not going to single out individual players, but we need a significant squad overhaul.
I’d keep Saka. ESR, Tierney, Partey. Not sure about anyone else.

How we won this is a real mystery.
Remember so many games vs mou or most utd or Chelsea games? That 1-3 vs utd at emirates could have been easily 6-3 as well. 2-1 vs utd where utd had only 1 shot on target but scored 2 (other was Gibbs og). But Wenger and Arsenal got ridiculed for that. So it's ok for us to be at the other end at times. Obv can't win always like this. But ok to win at times like this.

ArtetaOut

Why @me lmao? Are you clowns seriously gloating over this result lol? Look at the stats. Chelski dominated us from start to finish, Havertz was ****e and wasted numerous chances. They are still in top 4 and UCL final. We are still fighting for ****ing top 7. You guys are spineless and shameless and only care about one result. Half of the clowns who were berating Cone Boy are probably Arteta In now lmao. No wonder people are saying we are a banter club because of clowns like you guys. You people deserve to suffer and better not let me catch you complain about Arteta from now on lol.

results-png.2910

Last edited:

Let's play Aubamawang

Can't believe we fluked this one. No doubt we got lucky in this one. Arteta has certainly improved our results against the top teams, but it would be nice to outplay them. Although with our current squad that is a tall order.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Yeah the episodes from 2017 to about 2019 were hilarious, Joe just got too full of himself when it started blowing up and the Spotify deal ruined everything. Still he's a weirdo I've followed him since like 2009 and he's always been destructive.
Yeah Joe Is definitely a nutcase. Makes me laugh at times, but like you said, he’s very destructive. Firing them man on air is just wild :lol: Akademiks gonna be rubbing his hands together like Birdman.

Wozman85

Been reading the forum for 10 years, posted a couple of times, but it's my go to for likewise opinions. Anyway, had a row with my Dad last night about this game. He asked me what i had expected from the game. I of course answered a defeat, so he asked why i was unhappy with a win. He's looking short term, i'm looking long. This performance was a real tough watch, and a million miles away from how The Arsenal should be playing. I was in the North Bank in 98, watching Big Tone smash in the fourth. I don't want to watch us play like Stoke fgs. I intend to be alot more active on here going forward, and am excited to row with some of you no doubt 😬

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
IMO, I can't see this game suggesting Arsenal will be any different next season under arti

As much as Arteta is complaining about having crap players, I really do not see his style evolving next season. Pep had to spend close to a small country's GDP to get the players he needed to play the way he wanted.

Arteta using every excuse in the book to blame everyone but himself for why we have failed this season is really ****ing extraordinary.

teamsoutheast

Been reading the forum for 10 years, posted a couple of times, but it's my go to for likewise opinions. Anyway, had a row with my Dad last night about this game. He asked me what i had expected from the game. I of course answered a defeat, so he asked why i was unhappy with a win. He's looking short term, i'm looking long. This performance was a real tough watch, and a million miles away from how The Arsenal should be playing. I was in the North Bank in 98, watching Big Tone smash in the fourth. I don't want to watch us play like Stoke fgs. I intend to be alot more active on here going forward, and am excited to row with some of you no doubt 😬

You see, that's the problem, too many fans still think we are good enough for the Champions League and the truth is, we are nowhere near that level yet. I'm watching the game again on Sky Sports and I don't think Chelsea were that much better than us. We had some very good passages fo play and a few chances where Bellerin and Ødegaard could have scored. It was a very disciplined performance. Partey was solid in the midfield. He needs help though so hopefully we bring in somebody who can supplement us in that position so he can be more B2B.

D

Dial Square 1886

Hilarious forum at times.

I mean we beat a team who is much better than us right now and has spent a ton more money (or at least spend money more wisely!) using a very pragmatic approach away from home (with a bit of luck thrown in, but **** it) and people still throwing the toys out.

Amount of times we used to go into these games all gung-ho, play some nice front foot stuff and then get caught a couple (or 4!) times on the counter and everyone would bemoan the lack of a game plan and ability to play a tight match and grind out 1/3 points.

Thought it was an admirable performance all things considered. I mean my ideal scenario, would have been invincibles level football, with our players running rings around them and banging in goals at will, but let's be a bit realistic about our level right now!!

Wozman85

You see, that's the problem, too many fans still think we are good enough for the Champions League and the truth is, we are nowhere near that level yet. I'm watching the game again on Sky Sports and I don't think Chelsea were that much better than us. We had some very good passages fo play and a few chances where Bellerin and Ødegaard could have scored. It was a very disciplined performance. Partey was solid in the midfield. He needs help though so hopefully we bring in somebody who can supplement us in that position so he can be more B2B.
No, i do understand what you're saying, and where you're coming from, but that's the problem i face. Maybe i'm arrogant, but i don't think we should be at the level we currently are. It hurts to see how far we've fallen, and how other clubs have overtaken us. I love Arsenal with all my heart, and this really pains me to say, but i've had to take less interest, and to force myself to not care as much as i used to. I hate being a laughing stock, i'm proud of who i support, and i just wish that the players, Manager and hierarchy were as proud as i am to be involved with this wonderful club 😔

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

I mean we beat a team who is much better than us right now and has spent a ton more money (or at least spend money more wisely!) using a very pragmatic approach away from home (with a bit of luck thrown in, but **** it) and people still throwing the toys out.

Amount of times we used to go into these games all gung-ho, play some nice front foot stuff and then get caught a couple (or 4!) times on the counter and everyone would bemoan the lack of a game plan and ability to play a tight match and grind out 1/3 points.

Thought it was an admirable performance all things considered. I mean my ideal scenario, would have been invincibles level football, with our players running rings around them and banging in goals at will, but let's be a bit realistic about our level right now!!

It's good when this is a one off.

Like be pragmatic when playing vs celarly better teams, win ugly. Awesome.

But we play like this against Slavia, Villareal, and Burnley as well.

And also have we created a chance on goal in the 1st half? I think even WBA did.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We created virtually nothing. 0.69 xG only 5 shots and just 2 on target, one of which they gave us with a one in a million stupid back pass.

This game was no no different to other games, the team was ponderous in it’s attempted counter attacking and we are mainly uncreative around the box. The only take away was that we were resilient, but the cross bar helped us twice.

teamsoutheast

No, i do understand what you're saying, and where you're coming from, but that's the problem i face. Maybe i'm arrogant, but i don't think we should be at the level we currently are. It hurts to see how far we've fallen, and how other clubs have overtaken us. I love Arsenal with all my heart, and this really pains me to say, but i've had to take less interest, and to force myself to not care as much as i used to. I hate being a laughing stock, i'm proud of who i support, and i just wish that the players, Manager and hierarchy were as proud as i am to be involved with this wonderful club 😔

In football, no team stays at the top forever. There are always periods of transistion which we are going through now. Just look at AC Milan who dominated football in the 90's and had a barren period this last decade and are only now beginning to show a little bit of a revival. The top clubs always have their peaks and troughs.

teamsoutheast

We created virtually nothing. 0.69 xG only 5 shots and just 2 on target, one of which they gave us with a one in a million stupid back pass.

This game was no no different to other games, the team was ponderous in it’s attempted counter attacking and we are mainly uncreative around the box. The only take away was that we were resilient, but the cross bar helped us twice.

It's funny because against Villareal we hit the post twice (did the post help them), and failed to score but most on here were of the opinion that Emery outsmarted Arteta on the night with their defensive performance, but in this game, against a Chelsea side who beat Real Madrid and the current premier league Champions Man City and who are also the FA Cup finalists, we were just lucky....... GTFOH man!!!

teamsoutheast

THIS.... It's laughable isn't it.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom