• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta can definitely be held accountable for the bad start to the season but we can also acknowledge that he's mostly fixed the attacking issues
Our attacking play is the weakest part of Arteta’s tactics. We’re still slow in transition, mid table xG (0.69 again last night), mid table for ‘goals for’ and bottom half of the table for shots on target.

It’s 25 years since we had so few goals for. And he hasn’t fixed our defence either with 13 losses.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Ah yes, because on-field displays are divorced from the stats and numbers that actually reflect them. I forgot titles were decided on vibes and not the numbers in the league table.

If there were going to be an indictment of his abilities, the cascade of humiliations following our win at Old Trafford until early December should've been enough to send him packing.

They didn't.

The embarrassing capitulation against Villareal should've done the same.

It didn't.

Those are proof that he's not being judged on footballing merit.

baccy_man

Established Member
I hope we don't have too many more games like last nights, We probably had about 30% possession maybe lower when we did have the ball we gave it away or just played pointless passes that did not lead to anything,
In our past it used to us that had the high possession figures and we would be playing fast attacking football that was enjoyable to watch but the football we are seeing lately is just so slow and full of errors we need a big change in the tactics.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Two wins in a row, one against an excellent Chelsea side. And this has been achieved when the knives were out for Arteta.

He definitely deserves another 3 years at least for me.

Wait until they give him money on par with your coneboy up north. Then things should get interesting and put your "achievements" into perspective again.

Two rookies at top clubs, stealing a living.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I was sympathetic with these kinds of arguments until the matches against West Ham and Liverpool, and around there. If you want to claim credit for different/new tactics since Boxing Day, even though people have different opinions on whether Arteta "stumbled" on the ESR solution, then you also have to acknowledge over the last two months selections have been all over the place, often with iffy game plans and in-match management. That's why I lost patience because continuity of improvement was broken up and set back, consistent with our form slipping back to 8th after that run of five matches from.Boxing Day. At the end of the day my eyes and the stats therefore married up. Artera was often getting in the way of himself with things like persisting with Auba out wide when he didn't have to. This all was confirmed with erratic/crazy approaches in the two legs against Villareal that cost us.
It felt like he had the basic plan for how we can be effective with what we've got together back then, it seemed obvious that Saka and ESR would be mainstays in 10 and RW and we had Pepe/Martinelli at LW and Auba/Laca at striker. Wtf happened? He seems to have gotten obsessed with controlling games when we dont have the players to do it.

Iceman10

Established Member
I’ll admit the Villarreal games were bad, I have no arguments for them. But in weighting them against 5 months of league data, I’d go for the latter. You mention the last two months as a negative but out form in that period has actually been good.
When we went into the WHU match some people on here were going on about 4th being possible. Something obviously went wrong. We dropped points against WHU and Liverpool; against Fulham.and Everton also. Everton is worth noting, although I'll give you a wash with the Chelsea match yesterday if luck is brought into it.

Xanth

If there were going to be an indictment of his abilities, the cascade of humiliations following our win at Old Trafford until early December should've been enough to send him packing.

They didn't.

The embarrassing capitulation against Villareal should've done the same.

It didn't.

Those are proof that he's not being judged on footballing merit.

But he wasn't sacked, and he actually improved. You think it was a mistake to not make a decision based on the bad run last year and yet you ignore the attempts at remedying it afterwards. Football isn't static. Things can change.

Our attacking play is the weakest part of Arteta’s tactics. We’re still slow in transition, mid table xG (0.69 again last night), mid table for ‘goals for’ and bottom half of the table for shots on target.

It’s 25 years since we had so few goals for. And he hasn’t fixed our defence either with 13 losses.

We've scored the 4th most goals since the change in system and our xG has also been fairly good since then. Last night's performance shouldn't be used as a barometer for our attack when we were parking the bus against a team that could potentially win the Champions League.

@Iceman10 We had a very slim chance of making the top four even coming into the West Ham game. It was more of a miraculous possibility than something we bottled. I would say that luck played a part in both the Fulham and Everton games, although I would consider the latter to be an underwhelming performance regardless.

Last edited:

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Winning the Europa league and finishing top 4 after spending 1.1 billion pounds on footballers? Lmao. Your expectations have been lowered since the Fergie days.
I wish we spent 1.1 billion on footballers! We would be champions of the world! You clearly don’t know anything about football or our ownership if you truly believe we’ve spent over a billion on players.

Poor Tricky Micky doesn’t get money to spend on players either - he’s never spent a dime, has he?

Your posts are consistently the most deluded, hilarious and misinformed pile of nonsense I’ve ever read at any fan forum. And I’m a member of a United, Arsenal, Leicester, Aston Villa and Leeds message board. Yet not one forum has someone with as many bad takes as yourself.

“Arteta will challenge for the league next season, bookmark this post.”

:lol:

samspade

I wish we spent 1.1 billion on footballers! We would be champions of the world! You clearly don’t know anything about football or our ownership if you truly believe we’ve spent over a billion on players.

Poor Tricky Micky doesn’t get money to spend on players either - he’s never spent a dime, has he?

Your posts are consistently the most deluded, hilarious and misinformed pile of nonsense I’ve ever read at any fan forum. And I’m a member of a United, Arsenal, Leicester, Aston Villa and Leeds message board. Yet not one forum has someone with as many bad takes as yourself.

You haven't spent much less than a bill, I think it's like 850m right? You gotta admit it's a lot of money for not much success for a club like utd. Even now I dont think your team's got great chemistry and you're a million miles away from some of the teams that have won the league recently. You can say we're in the **** and you'd be right but it's not been great at utd for a long while anyone can see that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But he wasn't sacked, and he actually improved. You think it was a mistake to not make a decision based on the bad run last year and yet you ignore the attempts at remedying it afterwards. Football isn't static. Things can change.

We've scored the 4th most goals since the change in system and our xG has also been fairly good since then. Last night's performance shouldn't be used as a barometer for our attack when we were parking the bus against a team that could potentially win the Champions League.

@Iceman10 We had a very slim chance of making the top four even coming into the West Ham game. It was more of a miraculous possibility than something we bottled. I would say that luck played a part in both the Fulham and Everton games, although I would consider the latter to be an underwhelming performance regardless.
What change in system? He experiments with something new every week, either with personnel or tactics. 3 at the back last night, false 9 the other night. Selecting dates to prove he can attack is ignoring the big picture which screams ‘rookie’.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Bro you've spent 1.1 Billion pounds on football players since Fergie left. Its a fact. You lot bemoan City for buying the league being an oil club. But because of your revenue streams and stadium/ticket sales you spend just as much if not more. Its hilarious.

Considering the amount spent since fergie left for you to pipe up and say top 4 and the Europa league is success is full on embarrassing. But it shows how far your **** club has fallen.

Xanth

What change in system? He experiments with something new every week, either with personnel or tactics. 3 at the back last night, false 9 the other night. Selecting dates to prove he can attack is ignoring the big picture which screams ‘rookie’.

The change from the 3-4-3 to the 4-2-3-1 with the inclusion of an attacking midfielder. We were playing without creative midfielders before Christmas. You've literally only listed two changes in our setup that happened in the last two weeks, in the context of a 5 month period. Even in the 3atb we played last night, we had attacking midfielders in the team, which wasn't the case in the first three months of the season.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Bro you've spent 1.1 Billion pounds on football players since Fergie left. Its a fact. You lot bemoan City for buying the league being an oil club. But because of your revenue streams and stadium/ticket sales you spend just as much if not more. Its hilarious.

Considering the amount spent since fergie left for you to pipe up and say top 4 and the Europa league is success is full on embarrassing. But it shows how far your **** club has fallen.
I’m not your bro - I’m female for a start. Bro.

We haven’t spent 1.1 billion players - actually research and find out how much we’ve invested in players since the Glazers acquired the club. Go and look it up - I dare you? Then come back to me. Find out how much the Glazers have invested in playing staff out of our OWN money compared to debt repayments and dividends. You’re not very bright are you?

and settling for mediocrity - you LITERALLY believe two midtable finishes under Tricky Micky is success. You LITERALLY believe keeping Micky is ambitious rather than go for a winner like Conte. We are second under Ole and will win a European trophy but I still think we need a better manager moving forward. THAT is ambition.

Arsenal have been irrelevant for years and it’s all because fans like you believe Tricky Micky and Chelsea’s rejects/Real Madrid loan players are the best thing ever. Look at your own garden before you stick the boot into a club like Utd who are on an upward trend whilst Arsenal are in rapid decline.

And we achieve this with our hands being tied behind our back - the Glazers literally take dividends out of the club every single year. NO OTHER club have to put up with this.

Now, back to Tricky Micky. Are you finishing 1st or 2nd next season? I’ve bookmarked your post :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

he is basically the Ty of this forum

samspade

I’m not your bro - I’m female for a start. Bro.

We haven’t spent 1.1 billion players - actually research and find out how much we’ve invested in players since the Glazers acquired the club. Go and look it up - I dare you? Then come back to me. Find out how much the Glazers have invested in playing staff out of our OWN money compared to debt repayments and dividends. You’re not very bright are you?

and settling for mediocrity - you LITERALLY believe two midtable finishes under Tricky Micky is success. You LITERALLY believe keeping Micky is ambitious rather than go for a winner like Conte. We are second under Ole and will win a European trophy but I still think we need a better manager moving forward. THAT is ambition.

Arsenal have been irrelevant for years and it’s all because fans like you believe Tricky Micky and Chelsea’s rejects/Real Madrid loan players are the best thing ever. Look at your own garden before you stick the boot into a club like Utd who are on an upward trend whilst Arsenal are in rapid decline.

And we achieve this with our hands being tied behind our back - the Glazers literally take dividends out of the club every single year. NO OTHER club have to put up with this.

Now, back to Tricky Micky. Are you finishing 1st or 2nd next season? I’ve bookmarked your post :lol:
Blaming a fan for club being **** is ridiculous.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Blaming a fan for club being **** is ridiculous.
I’m not blaming him. But he says that we’re happy with second. We’re not. Utd fans want the league title, we want CL trophies.

He’s a hypocrite because he says Utd fans are embarrassing yet he literally blindly sticks up for a manager who is massively underachieving. And the fans DO make a difference - you need to be protesting every game outside the Emirates. Not sitting on Arsenal Mania pretending that Arteta is Pep the 2nd.

Xanth

I think I've made my stance on the matter quite clear but one last thing I will say is that I'm using the post-Christmas period not to judge this season (which can be safely classified as bad) but to determine how the next season might be. I'm "ignoring" the pre-Christmas period in my preview of next season not because it's convenient for my narrative or whatever but because there was a clearly identifiable problem behind our shortcomings with the lack of an attacking midfielder, which is not the case anymore and most likely won't be next season given the emergence of ESR and possibly another attacking midfielder, whether that's in the form of Ødegaard staying or a new signing. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

samspade

I’m not blaming him. But he says that we’re happy with second. We’re not. Utd fans want the league title, we want CL trophies.

He’s a hypocrite because he says Utd fans are embarrassing yet he literally blindly sticks up for a manager who is massively underachieving. And the fans DO make a difference - you need to be protesting every game outside the Emirates. Not sitting on Arsenal Mania pretending that Arteta is Pep the 2nd.
Fans come in all personalities, shapes and sizes as far as a club's concerned what's most important is that they support not how they support

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think I've made my stance on the matter quite clear but one last thing I will say is that I'm using the post-Christmas period not to judge this season (which can be safely classified as bad) but to determine how the next season might be. I'm "ignoring" the pre-Christmas period in my preview of next season not because it's convenient for my narrative or whatever but because there was a clearly identifiable problem behind our shortcomings with the lack of an attacking midfielder, which is not the case anymore and most likely won't be next season given the emergence of ESR and possibly another attacking midfielder, whether that's in the form of Ødegaard staying or a new signing. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
You are basically deluding yourself. You can use stats to paint anything. You are arguing there is a clear progression and this points to good season next season. First part of the season we were breaking records in how bad we were. So anything from that would be improvement. With you logic if we finish 9th and 7th next season it’s a progress and the stat would show in 3 years we will win the league. Truth is with the squad we have it’s impossible to do worse. The team below us have way worse squads

Latest posts

Top Bottom