• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The change from the 3-4-3 to the 4-2-3-1 with the inclusion of an attacking midfielder. We were playing without creative midfielders before Christmas. You've literally only listed two changes in our setup that happened in the last two weeks, in the context of a 5 month period. Even in the 3atb we played last night, we had attacking midfielders in the team, which wasn't the case in the first three months of the season.
The game is far more complex than having some ‘attacking midfielders’ as if that gives you a system. He changes personnel nearly every game man. Some of the players like Saka and ESR must be dizzy they’ve played in that many different positions. There’s no continuity in personnel or tactics from one game to the next.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I’m not blaming him. But he says that we’re happy with second. We’re not. Utd fans want the league title, we want CL trophies.

He’s a hypocrite because he says Utd fans are embarrassing yet he literally blindly sticks up for a manager who is massively underachieving. And the fans DO make a difference - you need to be protesting every game outside the Emirates. Not sitting on Arsenal Mania pretending that Arteta is Pep the 2nd.

We all know Hairspray can be over the top.

But you're on an Arsenal forum. We are by and large emotionally invested in the manager one way or the other. It doesn't always lead to the most logical takes and that's true of both Arteta Inners and Outers.

You've basically signed up to an Arsenal forum as a Man Utd fan to slate the manager. Fair enough. Personally I've never given a toss about Ole either way and I've never had the inclination to sign up to a United forum to tell them my opinions on him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
@HairSprayGooners let me confirm one thing with you.

Are you sticking to our agreement from back in November or not? I want this crystal clear before you change your mind as you seem to do so often? A simple yes or no is all that is required.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You are hilarious. When United players are having good seasons it's down to Ole. But when Arteta players are having good seasons it's deffo not down to him.

Get in the bin.
1. First of all, which Arteta player is having a good season?

2. Luke Shaw has played under 4 managers at United and is having his best run of form under Ole. Same with Rashford. Pogba has openly come out and bigged up Ole's management and unlike when our players do it, their on pitch results actually back what he's saying. Bruno Fernandes is playing the best football of his career despite moving to a more difficult league, who's that because of?

U don't claim to be a football genius but with all due respect, don't come at me unless your point is solid because I'll just wipe the floor with you lad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"We haven't spent 1.1billion on footballers !"

Mata - £40M
Fellaini - £30M
£70M after 1st year Fergie left.
Di Maria - £67M
Shaw - £33M
Herrera - £32M
Rojo - £18M
Blind - £16M
£236M 2 years after Fergie left.
Martial - £54M
Schneiderlin - £31M
Depay - £30M
Darmian - £16M
Schweinsteiger - £8M
£375M 3 years since Fergie left.
Pogba - £94M
Mikky - £37M
Bailly - £34M
£540M 4 years since Fergie left.
Lukaku - £76M
Matic - £40M
Lindelof - £30m
£686M 5 years since Fergie left.
Fred - £53M
Dalot - £20M
Lee Grant - £1M
£760M 6 years since Fergie left.
Harry Maguire - £80M
Bruno - £50M
AWB - £50M
Dan James - £16M
£956M 7 years since Fergie left.
Van De Beek - £35M
Diallo - £19M
Telles - £13M
Pellestri - £7M

Drum roll please.....

Total Amount of money spent on footballers since 13/14 when Ferguson left - £1.030 BILLION.

I haven't included loan fees for players such as Ighalo (£10M), Falcao (£7M) or stupid fees for "free transfers" like Ibrahimovich and Cavani.

Coming on here trying to tell me I haven't got a clue when you're the most clueless United fan I've ever come across. @Tree Points

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
1. First of all, which Arteta player is having a good season?

2. Luke Shaw has played under 4 managers at United and is having his best run of form under Ole. Same with Rashford. Pogba has openly come out and bigged up Ole's management and unlike when our players do it, their on pitch results actually back what he's saying. Bruno Fernandes is playing the best football of his career despite moving to a more difficult league, who's that because of?

U don't claim to be a football genius but with all due respect, don't come at me unless your point is solid because I'll just wipe the floor with you lad.

Saka, Tierney, Xhaka, ESR, Holding, Lacazette even Pepe is having a better season under Arteta.

You're so patronising and weird, go ahead pal wipe the floor with me on a football forum! I'll just wipe the floor with you at life.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Also @Camus has posted an analysis showing that the post christmas form is inflated by a run of form where we went unbeaten against chelsea, brighton, west brom, palace, newcastle and southampton.

Only one of those sides is above 13th in the table. Open your eyes.

Our form since that run is actually closer to our form before that run. That actually suggests the good run of form was an outlier, not the norm and not an indication of what's to come!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Also @Camus has posted an analysis showing that the post christmas form is inflated by a run of form where we went unbeaten against chelsea, brighton, west brom, palace, newcastle and southampton.

Only one of those sides is above 13th in the table. Open your eyes.

Our form since that run is actually closer to our form before that run. That actually suggests the good run of form was an outlier, not the norm and not an indication of what's to come!

What's your point? It isn't like the majority of the games we lose are against far superior opposition... We failed to beat Burnley this season losing once.

Its a pretty cold hard fact that we have done very well in the league since Christmas. All people were banging on about was league position is the only thing that matters when we were down in 15th. Why doesn't it matter in this instance? Who cares who you beat as long as you win that's all that matters.

Again twisting stuff to suit your agenda, boring.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
"We haven't spent 1.1billion on footballers !"

Mata - £40M
Fellaini - £30M
£70M after 1st year Fergie left.
Di Maria - £67M
Shaw - £33M
Herrera - £32M
Rojo - £18M
Blind - £16M
£236M 2 years after Fergie left.
Martial - £54M
Schneiderlin - £31M
Depay - £30M
Darmian - £16M
Schweinsteiger - £8M
£375M 3 years since Fergie left.
Pogba - £94M
Mikky - £37M
Bailly - £34M
£540M 4 years since Fergie left.
Lukaku - £76M
Matic - £40M
Lindelof - £30m
£686M 5 years since Fergie left.
Fred - £53M
Dalot - £20M
Lee Grant - £1M
£760M 6 years since Fergie left.
Harry Maguire - £80M
Bruno - £50M
AWB - £50M
Dan James - £16M
£956M 7 years since Fergie left.
Van De Beek - £35M
Diallo - £19M
Telles - £13M
Pellestri - £7M

Drum roll please.....

Total Amount of money spent on footballers since 13/14 when Ferguson left - £1.030 BILLION.

I haven't included loan fees for players such as Ighalo (£10M), Falcao (£7M) or stupid fees for "free transfers" like Ibrahimovich and Cavani.

Coming on here trying to tell me I haven't got a clue when you're the most clueless United fan I've ever come across. @Tree Points
Jesus there's some garbage on that list...

Xanth

First part of the season we were breaking records in how bad we were. So anything from that would be improvement.

Except we've not only improved in relation to our form at the start of the season but are also 3rd in the league in that period.

@Makingtrax Changing personnel counts as experimenting now? We've played in a 4-2-3-1 every game from Christmas except for the Villarreal tie and the Chelsea game last night. Having a fluid attacking setup where players can occupy different positions in the same system is a good thing. That a player like ESR can be deployed as a number 10 in one game and as a left-winger in another is a testament to his versatility, not Arteta's mind-boggling tactics which curiously the players seem to have no complaints about. If anything, they've consistently backed him, even insisting that they have been at fault for some of the shortcomings that are normally ascribed to the manager.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Saka, Tierney, Xhaka, ESR, Holding, Lacazette even Pepe is having a better season under Arteta.

You're so patronising and weird, go ahead pal wipe the floor with me on a football forum! I'll just wipe the floor with you at life.
You're the one that told me to get in the bin, don't try and play victim now. Anyway let's break this down.

A manager can get credit for integrating them into the side but our young players performance can't be attributed to Arteta for a few reasons.
1. Their sample size is too small
2. They're naturally going to improve anyway
3. we don't have any historical data for their performances.

Number three completely rules out ESR. How can you say he's having a better season under Arteta? Better season than what?🤣
Saka is a young player that's going to improve regardless but if you want to go there then his per 90 numbers are actually slightly lower this season than they were last year. That's quite an achievement.

As for the more senior players:

Tierney: How has he improved? Has he earned more accolades, is he more productive than last year? Answer to both is no. I'm not saying he hasn't improved but if he has its marginal? Maybe he's just playing more matches? He had a injury hit first season after all. His goals + assists per 90 numbers are worse by the way.

Xhaka and Holding: Not sure what improvement you've seen here. As for Holding this season made up quite a lot of people's minds that he's not good enough to be here.

Lacazette: Return to somewhat normality for him after he came out and said he struggled to get over an injury last season. This is still his second worst season at the club in terms of goals + assists per 90.

Pepe: He's just more comfortable in the league now but fine let's leave my opinion out and give that one to Arteta even though it's very clear he's tried to bury him.

So in summary:

Arteta has clearly improved one player in our squad, a player who he hasn't tried to improve. Let's not even talk about the consistently proven world class CM and CF whose performances have dropped off a cliff in their first full seasons under Arteta.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

All people were banging on about was league position is the only thing that matters when we were down in 15th. Why doesn't it matter in this instance? Who cares who you beat as long as you win that's all that matters.
It does matter? We are 8th.

Again twisting stuff to suit your agenda, boring.
So looking at all the data available rather than looking at data skewed by a good run of form is now classed as twisting stuff? Give me strength.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You're the one that told me to get in the bin, don't try and play victim now. Anyway let's break this down.

A manager can get credit for integrating them into the side but our young players performance can't be attributed to Arteta for a few reasons.
1. Their sample size is too small
2. They're naturally going to improve anyway
3. we don't have any historical data for their performances.

Number three completely rules out ESR. How can you say he's having a better season under Arteta? Better season than what?🤣
Saka is a young player that's going to improve regardless but if you want to go there then his per 90 numbers are actually slightly lower this season than they were last year. That's quite an achievement.

As for the more senior players:

Tierney: How has he improved? Has he earned more accolades, is he more productive than last year? Answer to both is no. I'm not saying he hasn't improved but if he has its marginal? Maybe he's just playing more matches? He had a injury hit first season after all. His goals + assists per 90 numbers are worse by the way.

Xhaka and Holding: Not sure what improvement you've seen here. As for Holding this season made up quite a lot of people's minds that he's not good enough to be here.

Lacazette: Return to somewhat normality for him after he came out and said he struggled to get over an injury last season. This is still his second worst season at the club in terms of goals + assists per 90.

Pepe: He's just more comfortable in the league now but fine let's leave my opinion out and give that one to Arteta even though it's very clear he's tried to bury him.

So in summary:

Arteta has clearly improved one player in our squad, a player who he hasn't tried to improve. Let's not even talk about the consistently proven world class CM and CF whose performances have dropped off a cliff in their first full seasons under Arteta.

TL;DR.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In all seriousness though as Mikel is staying I'm going to get behind the club for this summer, see what they do going into next season. Still think we need changes, but this is that one last change I'm going to give to see if they can get things right.

Anything less than top 4 next season won't work in my opinion.

Top Bottom