• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

the red flags are never mentioned... :lol: 80m is not a no brainer for clubs

if this was your friend / kid / partner behavior at 25 you would be worried as ****

Been out for months with shin splints as well. All well and good drooling over his massive calves but if he’s getting such a lay off at 25 it’s not a minor thing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
the red flags are never mentioned... :lol: 80m is not a no brainer for clubs

if this was your friend / kid / partner behavior at 25 you would be worried as ****

At 25 are you mad? I've seen dude's do that at 50 hahaha. It's really poor stuff obviously, but you'd like to think hes learnt from that. If he joins Arsenal he won't be doing that ****.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
60-80mil during covid is a stupid price to pay for a player. Grealish at that price is robbery.I
Exactly. Just think, Man City record trnasfer was 60 million, and you think we' break that transfer fee twice now (Pepe at 72 mill).

People need to be realistic...we are in this mess because of mismanaging funds. Kroenke wont fund any stupid transfers.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He;s a good player but Grealish just doesn't appeal to me I'll be honest. Particularly not at £80m considering that'll likely be the vast majority of our budget.

Money could be spent more wisely and improve the club over multiple positions rather than throw it all in the Grealish basket.

Guy seems an absolute tool too.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I want a proper midfielder to partner Partey. As a prototypical ilustriation someone in the mould of peak Miralem Pjanić would be a perfect choice.

Iceman10

Established Member
60-80mil during covid is a stupid price to pay for a player. Grealish at that price is robbery.
I don't think Villa will sell to a club they have ambitions to compete with and overtake in the PL even at that price, but "crazy money" / "robbery" is a difficult argument when we are promised Kroenke's will do "special" things this summer, unless Arteta is misleading us (TBD).

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I want a proper midfielder to partner Partey. As a prototypical ilustriation someone in the mould of peak Miralem Pjanić would be a perfect choice.

Even better, Santi - oh wait, there's no equal :(
Buendia comes closest for me asof the type to complement - very very well-rounded.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So much buzz about Grealish, yet I've actually not seen a single source talking about it :lol:

My eagerness to believe so is certainly not the issue though.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't think Villa will sell to a club they have ambitions to compete with and overtake in the PL even at that price, but "crazy money" / "robbery" is a difficult argument when we are promised Kroenke's will do "special" things this summer, unless Arteta is misleading us (TBD).

I really don't get why Arsenal's own fans have that common ground of bashing and undervalueing their own club at every point.

Villa was happy to get one over us, they've been proud of what they managed this season and will be eager to improve further, but at least from the professional people, I really don't think anyone does belittle us so much as a club - they know we fell in the mud, but that's the end of it, enjoying while it lasts and have a giggle.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Ah man, I would love a prime Pjanic here. I literally can't think of any current young midfielders in that mould.

Iceman10

Established Member
I really don't get why Arsenal's own fans have that common ground of bashing and undervalueing their own club at every point.

Villa was happy to get one over us, they've been proud of what they managed this season and will be eager to improve further, but at least from the professional people, I really don't think anyone does belittle us so much as a club - they know we fell in the mud, but that's the end of it, enjoying while it lasts and have a giggle.
Not sure I understand your comment. Just stating it as how it is. Maybe this is why I was right in saying Top 6 would be an achievement at the beginning of the season while some on a thread I've just seen on the first page of were talking about title challenges and Top 4 (@Hunta has highlighted it and mocked the delusions). Not belittling the club. I'm just stating reality. Villa has been spending lots in transfer windows over the last three or so seasons. They have ambitions. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding Arsenal unless the Kroenke's follow up on promises this summer, which we don't know they will. We cannot start to fix our slide until we start getting real.

Preacher

Always Crying
So much buzz about Grealish, yet I've actually not seen a single source talking about it :lol:

My eagerness to believe so is certainly not the issue though.

jd7N0-Kl.jpg

This is all we have now 🤣

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure I understand your comment. Just stating it as how it is. Maybe this is why I was right in saying Top 6 would be an achievement at the beginning of the season while some on a thread I've just seen on the first page of were talking about title challenges and Top 4 (@Hunta has highlighted it and mocked the delusions). Not belittling the club. I'm just stating reality. Villa has been spending lots in transfer windows over the last three or so seasons. They have ambitions. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding Arsenal unless the Kroenke's follow up on promises this summer, which we don't know they will.

But you do realise the main reason why they have been able to spend big is due to receiving parachute payments and also promotion money...?

You can't sit there and say a player would choose Villa over Arsenal, because its completely unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom