• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Except we've not only improved in relation to our form at the start of the season but are also 3rd in the league in that period.

@Makingtrax Changing personnel counts as experimenting now? We've played in a 4-2-3-1 every game from Christmas except for the Villarreal tie and the Chelsea game last night. Having a fluid attacking setup where players can occupy different positions in the same system is a good thing. That a player like ESR can be deployed as a number 10 in one game and as a left-winger in another is a testament to his versatility, not Arteta's mind-boggling tactics which curiously the players seem to have no complaints about. If anything, they've consistently backed him, even insisting that they have been at fault for some of the shortcomings that are normally ascribed to the manager.
How do you know the players have continually backed him. Didn’t Ornstein say 5 senior players want out

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
At least he showed emotion. Would like to start seeing some warmth also. Haven't really seen any Arsène type humour. Without all of that everything is tight and that is what could cause players to be uptight when they go on the pitch, with slow starts.
I'm not sure he's a warm sort of guy. I've seen Pep happy but not humorous like Klopp if you know what I mean. Arsène was unique.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I’m not your bro - I’m female for a start. Bro.

We haven’t spent 1.1 billion players - actually research and find out how much we’ve invested in players since the Glazers acquired the club. Go and look it up - I dare you? Then come back to me. Find out how much the Glazers have invested in playing staff out of our OWN money compared to debt repayments and dividends. You’re not very bright are you?

and settling for mediocrity - you LITERALLY believe two midtable finishes under Tricky Micky is success. You LITERALLY believe keeping Micky is ambitious rather than go for a winner like Conte. We are second under Ole and will win a European trophy but I still think we need a better manager moving forward. THAT is ambition.

Arsenal have been irrelevant for years and it’s all because fans like you believe Tricky Micky and Chelsea’s rejects/Real Madrid loan players are the best thing ever. Look at your own garden before you stick the boot into a club like Utd who are on an upward trend whilst Arsenal are in rapid decline.

And we achieve this with our hands being tied behind our back - the Glazers literally take dividends out of the club every single year. NO OTHER club have to put up with this.

Now, back to Tricky Micky. Are you finishing 1st or 2nd next season? I’ve bookmarked your post :lol:
Need more women on here. In general, more sense, less competitive and more open to actual logic. :lol:

Xanth

@Makingtrax Ornstein was quoting from the same Athletic article where it was also written that many of the players, it was implied especially the younger ones, were actually in support of Arteta despite their families/entourage obviously thinking differently because of how bad this season has been.

Exact line:
To the surprise and occasional consternation of frustrated entourages and families, many players remain loyal to the manager and continue to hold him in high regard, despite results, including the deflating way they were knocked out of the Europa League semi-final against Emery’s Villarreal.

Anyway, the problem with these types of arguments is that they make you look like you have stronger opinions than you actually do. I'm mostly ambivalent about Arteta, if slightly on the positive side. I just think the improvement in our metrics and results this year is encouraging enough to see what he can do next season with hopefully a better squad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Last nights performance was terrible. Jorginho just felt sorry for us.

No, the attacking aspect of last night was bad because we sat deep and hit on the counter. But the players played for the manager, you cannot deny that. If they'd given up do you really think people like Auba and such would've worked as hard as they did on and off the ball?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax Ornstein was quoting from the same Athletic article where it was also written that many of the players, it was implied especially the younger ones, were actually in support of Arteta despite their families/entourage obviously thinking differently because of how bad this season has been.

Anyway, the problem with these types of arguments is that they make you look like you have stronger opinions than you actually do. I'm mostly ambivalent about Arteta, if slightly on the positive side. I just think the improvement in our metrics and results this year is encouraging enough to see what he can do next season with hopefully a better squad.
I do have strong opinions though. I’m not enjoying the **** football or being mid table. And unlike some, I’m not seeing anything positive that gives me any hope bro.

Xanth

The funny thing is that I was actually more negative on Arteta last season when we were grinding out results with much worse underlying numbers, even with the FA cup win.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I doubt his words were twisted. It's not the first time he blamed the players. It's the first time he's objected to it, which means this time he caught grief.
Exactly, he's been saying this stuff all season, not just written but on video, in 4k UHD. One denial doesn't change what we've literally seen and heard.

Somebody has probably called him out on it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom