• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I always thought Zidane would coach France after the Euros.

Unless they win it surely Deschamps leaves.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Was the closest thread I could find. :bye:

Maybe in 15 years.

zjvv97q3s9z61.jpg

byl5o544s9z61.jpg

Last edited:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

So Xhaka to become the next Arsenal manager? Deservedly. Hope he is going to sell the entire attacking unit of Arsenal. Maybe I should ring him just to remind him about this great step for the future of Arsenal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I don't know what I dislike about him more. How he treated Niasse at Everton, how he acted toward Wenger after one of our games against Everton or the fact he's a complete dogshit manager.
Arsène Wenger was involved in a tunnel bust-up with Southampton boss Ronald Koeman as Arsenal lost further ground in the title race. The Gunners boss confronted referee Lee Mason and shouted: “It’s always the
same with you,” after a frustrating goalless draw at the Emirates. But Koeman intervened and told Wenger: “No, it’s always the same with YOU!”
imagine simping for Lee Mason

Joestlaachmkr

Tuchel as a German was a good fit to come in to fix a 'crisis' at Chelsea with signings from Germany/Bundesliga not working out until then. This is just something that gives me some pause with any managers from Italy because I don't see the natural cultural fit, as opposed to a Spanish or French manager, or even Ten Hag coming in with Overmars, or a manager already acclimatised to PL regardless of their nationality. Just gives me a little pause when it comes to Conte and Allegri. We don't really have much Italian in our club cultural bloodstream from the last 20 or so years.
Hmm.. :rolleyes:

Chelsea only had Havertz & Werner from Bundesliga when Tuchel took charge, and it seems like every single Chelski player has improved dramatically under Tuchel. I mean, Klopp managed to win both the UCL and EPL with Liverpool without any german players in his squad. And the only ex-Bundesliga player Liverpool had in their squad when Klopp took over after Rodgers was Firminho.

Anyway, i don’t think the nationality of the manager has any influence at all on wether or not they would succeed as Arsenal boss.

But it’s important that the next manager is a perfect fit for the club, just like Wenger was.
I always thought Zidane would coach France after the Euros.

Unless they win it surely Deschamps leaves.
Think it’s more likely that Zizou will take over Juve, if he leaves Madrid. Doesn’t Deschamps have a contract with France out 2022?

Iceman10

Established Member
Hmm.. :rolleyes:

Chelsea only had Havertz & Werner from Bundesliga when Tuchel took charge, and it seems like every single Chelski player has improved dramatically under Tuchel. I mean, Klopp managed to win both the UCL and EPL with Liverpool without any german players in his squad. And the only ex-Bundesliga player Liverpool had in their squad when Klopp took over after Rodgers was Firminho.

Anyway, i don’t think the nationality of the manager has any influence at all on wether or not they would succeed as Arsenal boss.

But it’s important that the next manager is a perfect fit for the club, just like Wenger was.

Think it’s more likely that Zizou will take over Juve, if he leaves Madrid. Doesn’t Deschamps have a contract with France out 2022?
Fair points. Just something complicated in my mind at the time and I couldn't properly put it into words. Just that I think at this juncture a manager coming in with Serie A tactical and defensive thinking might not be a fit with fans out of patience with Arteta/Emery conservative playing styles and wanting a bit of Wengerball coming back into the mix. My wording there was even a bit clumsy with Conte because of his prior stint in the PL, but I think Chelsea is ok with both Italian and conservative play with their history of high profile Italians at the club in tandem with the Mourinho / John Terry era.

Good catch with Klopp, but I always felt his heavy metal philosophy was perfect for both the PL, as well as possible advancement on Arsène Wenger. Anyway, something in my mind was driving me towards resistance to Conte, and maybe Allegri also. Just something complex in a multidimensional sense to put into words.

Joestlaachmkr

Fair points. Just something complicated in my mind at the time and I couldn't properly put it into words. Just that I think at this juncture a manager coming in with Serie A tactical and defensive thinking might not be a fit with fans out of patience with Arteta/Emery conservative playing styles and wanting a bit of Wengerball coming back into the mix. My wording there was even a bit clumsy with Conte because of his prior stint in the PL, but I think Chelsea is ok with both Italian and conservative play with their history of high profile Italians at the club in tandem with the Mourinho / John Terry era.

Good catch with Klopp, but I always felt his heavy metal philosophy was perfect for both the PL, as well as possible advancement on Arsène Wenger. Anyway, something in my mind was driving me towards resistance to Conte, and maybe Allegri also. Just something complex in a multidimensional sense to put into words.
Most gooners would probably rather see a attacking minded manager who plays attractive, free flowing football instead of a defensive 1-0 coach. But honestly, i wouldn’t mind having a more defensive manager like Allegri, Simeone or Conte taking charge - as long as he brings titles to the club. I would much rather see us going back to ”boring-boring Arsenal” instead of trying to play tiki-taka football with horrible results - if we are able to win titles with a more defensive approach. I actually think the norm that Arsenal must play attacking football is a bit far fetched.

Yeah, you could tell from Klopp’s days with Dortmund that his gegenpressen football would suit the EPL pretty well. Another thing with Klopp is that, he suits Liverpool just perfectly. Just as Wenger once did with us, Fergie with United, Mourinho with Chelsea and Pep with City.

That’s why i think it is important that our next manager is someone who fits in 100 percent with the club. Not only a manager who is a proven world class manager, and someone with a certain style of play. I also think it’s important that the next manager is someone who fits with the values of AFC, connects well with the fans and who enjoy life in London.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom