• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
just don't get him more than 2 years deal i don't care about this deal so much because without europe Tierney will play most games specially their won't be 3 games a week so his body will get more settled.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
important summer for the Bell alot of people now consider him tier 1 source like orny after that partey deal hopefully he just don't talk too much bs

TornadoTed

Established Member
In my opinion the sensible thing to do would be to sign Bertrand on a 2 year contract and also sign Doig or Buchanan and send them back on loan for a couple of years. When Bertrand's contract expires they will hopefully have another 60+ first team appearances under their belt and ready for a squad role here.

Iceman10

Established Member
In my opinion the sensible thing to do would be to sign Bertrand on a 2 year contract and also sign Doig or Buchanan and send them back on loan for a couple of years. When Bertrand's contract expires they will hopefully have another 60+ first team appearances under their belt and ready for a squad role here.
I can't see Doig doing that. If anything signing at Arsenal now to be an understudy would still give him the opportunity to move on elsewhere in a few years if he has outgrown being understudy to Tierney.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think many have issues with Bertrand as LB cover. He's a good player.

2 year deal. Bump his wages up a bit to 75-80k if he's a bit worried about the contract length . That should do the job.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We have young LB called Lopez i believe maybe he'll be ready to compete for spot in 2 years time if he kept developing.

Iceman10

Established Member
We have young LB called Lopez i believe maybe he'll be ready to compete for spot in 2 years time if he kept developing.
The only thing about Bertrand is he probably has an opportunity to join Milan this summer. If he doesn't go for that opportunity is that a red flag regarding ambition, in a sort of similar way to Willian turning down a 2 year contract extension at Chelsea?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The only thing about Bertrand is he probably has an opportunity to join Milan this summer. If he doesn't go for that opportunity is that a red flag regarding ambition, in a sort of similar way to Willian turning down a 2 year contract extension at Chelsea?
Milan have Theo Hernandez and he very talented LB 8 goals 7 assists this season more than 40 games played the chances there will more limited. i think Bertrand would prefer stay in league he know too. Bertrand situation is different i think he just didn't want to keep playing with southampton.

Iceman10

Established Member
Milan have Theo Hernandez and he very talented LB 8 goals 7 assists this season more than 40 games played the chances there will more limited. i think Bertrand would prefer stay in league he know too. Bertrand situation is different i think he just didn't want to keep playing with southampton.
Two years for Bertrand, one year extension for Laca would at least be a little improvement over what we've been doing for over 30 players until now. If Tierney wasn't out with injury so much I would be 100% against Bertrand. No more than two years though. If he does go with Arsenal it will end up slightly at odds with his statement about leaving Southampton, where his wording implies ambition at a bigger club than Southampton as a first team regular.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Two years for Bertrand, one year extension for Laca would at least be a little improvement over what we've been doing for over 30 players until now. If Tierney wasn't out with injury so much I would be 100% against Bertrand. No more than two years though. If he does go with Arsenal it will end up slightly at odds with his statement about leaving Southampton, where his wording implies ambition at a bigger club than Southampton as a first team regular.

From Bertrands perspective I don't think it's a bad move. Sure he'll be a reserve here but with KT's injury issues you'd be surprised if he doesn't start 15-20 games a season in all competitions for us.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
See, I like the thinking behind that and that’s probably something I would do if I were Edu. Unfortunately, I’m not Edu and I doubt the real Edu has the nous to pull that off. It’s like the rumours last week of Lacazette getting a year extension was to pump up his value for a summer sale. We all knew it sounded too good to be true.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Formal offer in the coming days according to the Bell.

Looks like our first summer signing.
Such a bitterly disappointing signing. I think Arsenal should play a game called “Would Leicester do that?” Every time Edu and Arteta get any bright ideas they should ponder if Leicester would it. If the answer is no. DON’T F@%KING DO IT!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Such a bitterly disappointing signing. I think Arsenal should play a game called “Would Leicester do that?” Every time Edu and Arteta get any bright ideas they should ponder if Leicester would it. If the answer is no. DON’T F@%KING DO IT!

Kind of attitude that gets you nowhere.

Tell me what's wrong with signing Bertrand on a one or two year deal? Because next season it's quite likely we will have way less games. Tierney will play nearly every week and Bertrand will play Cup games. When his contract is up Tierney will be 25/26 and we can sign a young talent as backup when we are back in Europe. He's also homegrown which helps a ton.

It really isn't rocket science and its a very good signing considering.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I can't see Doig doing that. If anything signing at Arsenal now to be an understudy would still give him the opportunity to move on elsewhere in a few years if he has outgrown being understudy to Tierney.

He is only 18 years old and just played his break through season of first team football. I would think another couple of years of regular game time would benefit him far more than playing a few games here and there as understudy to Tierney.

I know the handling of Saliba hasn't gone down well but he has played 45 games the last 2 seasons out on loan, would be more if not for injuries. He wouldn't have got close to those numbers here and I would hope he is a better player for it now at 20 with that extra experience than he was at 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom