• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sander Berge

LG10

I like berge more than bissouma but anything more than 20M is a disgrace. How we’re letting a future world beater in soumare go to Leicester for peanuts is beyond me

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m 50/50 on this. I know he’s better than Xhaka, Cellabos and Elneny. Personally, I like these types of midfielders. I like guys like Vieira, Partey, Gerrard, Grozekta, Yaya Toure etc. I want my midfield to be powerful and athletic cos it reminds me of the Invincibles. However, I don’t think he alone really pushes the boat. If we signed Camivinga/Bissouma as well then yeah I’m all for it but Berge alone doesn’t excite me. In all honesty if Guendouzi wasn’t so problematic we could skip this transfer

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You don't spend that fee for a 3rd midfielder though, especially when someone like Soumare is going to Leicester for less.

Fwiw I really doubt he'd go for 30m, just my guess but I'd imagine 15-20m is more realistic. Remember we've essentially been lazy the past two seasons by loaning Ceballos instead of actually buying a midfielder, we can't do that forever, it's time to buy someone surely.

Goonger

I’m 50/50 on this. I know he’s better than Xhaka, Cellabos and Elneny. Personally, I like these types of midfielders. I like guys like Vieira, Partey, Gerrard, Grozekta, Yaya Toure etc. I want my midfield to be powerful and athletic cos it reminds me of the Invincibles. However, I don’t think he alone really pushes the boat. If we signed Camivinga/Bissouma as well then yeah I’m all for it but Berge alone doesn’t excite me. In all honesty if Guendouzi wasn’t so problematic we could skip this transfer

Good post & echo's how I feel.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also stop thinking of him as a Xhaka replacement. He isn't (or shouldn't be) a Xhaka replacement, think of him as a Ceballos replacement. I think in that sense he's perfectly adequate, not a great passer but a good tackler/dribbler who offers physicality and height in the box, plus a good work ethic.

If Xhaka leaves we're gonna have to spend 40m+ on a higher quality replacement, but that's a separate issue. Berge could be done regardless. We just have a numbers issue in midfield, we don't have enough.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This screams of the early rumours of Carassco and that Guy with the Mo Hawk, Everton. Can guarantee this won't happen.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There is no bloody Sheffield player better than xhaka and ceballos just stop it lool. Also he hasn’t been good for them. Guy is just average. Xhaka is a flawed good player so is ceballos. This Norwegian turd is truly nothing player

tcahill

Everyone says we should be recruiting like Leicester and Liverpool, then turning their noses up at this guy. Buying cheap players from the championship that fit the system is how they've both progressed so well.

That being said, if the cost is anything over 20 mill, probably better value elsewhere.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Fwiw I really doubt he'd go for 30m, just my guess but I'd imagine 15-20m is more realistic. Remember we've essentially been lazy the past two seasons by loaning Ceballos instead of actually buying a midfielder, we can't do that forever, it's time to buy someone surely.
At that fee, I'd obviously take a hard look and keep in mind I am not in any way a fan of Ceballos or even Elneny. The fact we're looking at Berge & Bissouma is promising as I still think midfield is our weakest spot despite signing Partey. I am just not that convinced on Berge nor am I a fan at the fee being quoted around. I do think we could even bring in someone like Josh DaSilva for cheaper from the Championship who would do a solid job filling in as a 3rd/4th midfielder whilst boosting our HG quota.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

missing the rabiot rumors dearly
15530332329714.jpg

Bring on the family photoshoot at Colney, last time we had something similar was Ox and Gibbs. 👀

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Everyone says we should be recruiting like Leicester and Liverpool, then turning their noses up at this guy. Buying cheap players from the championship that fit the system is how they've both progressed so well.

That being said, if the cost is anything over 20 mill, probably better value elsewhere.
Arsenal fans being snobby as usual.
Arsenal fans: why don't we sign players from the PL or Championship like Liverpool or Leicester do?
Also Arsenal fans: Eww, why are we being linked with Bissouma, Berge and Buendia? We're Arsenal we should be doing better.

Personally, I don't care where a player comes from. The most important thing for me is the profile of the player. In recent years we have signed plsyers from teams like Real Madrid, Athletico, Chelsea, Lille and United. We haven't exactly climbed up the table have we? Judge players on what they can or can't do, not where they come from ffs.

Iceman10

Established Member
Berge is alright but doesn't move the needle. We need guys that do that - Berge doesn't. I'd rather keep Willock for next season if it's between him and Berge.
Lots of rumours regarding just how low the relegation release clause is in his contract. If the number is actually around 15m then there is possibility to do two CM's this window, which is what we ideally should do with selling instead of renewing Elneny, letting Ceballos depart, and questions over Xhaka's future.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I would pay 17m for him, I'd pay 20m for him tops, I would not pay 25m for him.

Top Bottom