• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
This was a season where Pool, Sp**s, Chelsea lost their way for long stretches.... ManU just stayed steady and ended up coming 2nd and ManCity steadied in time and came 1st. People talk about the Leceister title season, but this season was one of the most wide open seasons. If the idiot hadnt messed around trying to prove that the #10 position is outdated and been able to just select a simple normal formation with the best available players in the right positions, and kept doing the basics, top4 was there for the taking.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lacazette played for France and was regularly in CL before he come to this bullsh*t club and f*cked his whole career up. He shoulda went Athletico but he got tricked, just like many others.

Highly talented players we will get tricked this summer as well and likely follow his trajectory.
He barely played for France is was pretty much all frendlies and this was before Giroud surpassed him as a player. We were also a regular CL team before he came, we did him more favours than he did us tbh.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Zizou is about to be sacked even though he almost won the SPL
Maureen got sacked when he was top-5 and in a cup final
Allardyce got 6 months to save WBA(?) and he has stepped down when he couldn't.
Chelski sacked Lampard, a bonafide club legend when they decided he wouldn't cut it.

We are out of Europe completely since two seasons, and we're still prattling about Arteta?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He barely played for France is was pretty much all frendlies and this was before Giroud surpassed him as a player. We were also a regular CL team before he came, we did him more favours than he did us tbh.
Has never scored above 15 non pen goals in any league campaign. We becoming **** is coz of buying players like him for big money. Can't even blame emery arteta for him. Even Wenger didn't like him and bought another striker in 6 months.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It wasnt including ESR ...it was going back to a simple normal way of playing and team formation with players in positions suited for them. The player quality did the rest.

Ok but at the time wasn't ESR the only #10 in the squad (Özil wasn't in the PL squad, even if he was, he wouldn't have been an option it seems), so even if you argue that moving to a 4 at the back with a simple more normal way of playing (and I presume this includes having a 10) is the reason that we got better, it depends on using a number 10.

ESR was our only natural #10 at the time so by default including him made a big impact (if not being the defacto difference).

I suppose you could argue that someone else could've filled in there but Lacazette hardly lit it up at #10 for example.

For the record I do agree that changing formation made a big difference but the inclusion of ESR and his link up with Saka I feel made the biggest impact imo (at least at the time), I could be wrong though......

Wiggins

We're not winning anything soon, most of our squad don't give a f*ck. I don't think I can name one player outside the youngsters & Tierney who does. The rest couldn't give a toss.

Iceman10

Established Member
We're not winning anything soon, most of our squad don't give a f*ck. I don't think I can name one player outside the youngsters & Tierney who does. The rest couldn't give a toss.
How is the manager connected with this, in terms of responsibility, what he has to do, and if he is the right man to do it?

Wiggins

How is the manager connected with this, in terms of responsibility, what he has to do, and if he is the right man to do it?
The manager is absolutely connected to this. I feel that this has been going on pre-Arteta, but it should be up to him to flush it. I think with the likes of Özil and others gone it will change but ultimately someone better than Arteta would have begun to change things already. Maybe Arteta has a little with our defensive performance but to me it's still quite obvious a lot of the squad simply don't care.

Iceman10

Established Member
The manager is absolutely connected to this. I feel that this has been going on pre-Arteta, but it should be up to him to flush it. I think with the likes of Özil and others gone it will change but ultimately someone better than Arteta would have begun to change things already. Maybe Arteta has a little with our defensive performance but to me it's still quite obvious a lot of the squad simply don't care.
I think this is why many of us are impatient with introduction and consistent appearances of younger players. Not just for the sake of playing kids but more of a fresh start with hungry ambitious players. There has already been some validation of that with Saka and ESR puttng some of our older players to shame in comparison. That's not to say experienced players have no place but quite a few of our experienced players haven't seemed to be the greatest role models to support an overall reset of club and dressing room culture. One or two of our experienced players seem to have the right idea, but the rest really need clearing out asap, and there are still a few to go despite what the club did in January.

Wiggins

I think this is why many of us are impatient with introduction and consistent appearances of younger players. Not just for the sake of playing kids but more of a fresh start with hungry ambitious players. There has already been some validation of that with Saka and ESR puttng some of our older players to shame in comparison. That's not to say experienced players have no place but quite a few of our experienced players haven't seemed to be the greatest role models to support an overall reset of club and dressing room culture. One or two of our experienced players seem to have the right idea, but the rest really need clearing out asap, and there are still a few to go despite what the club did in January.
You're right, building a new clique of hungry youngsters into the squad is our only way out of this, yes. It'll cancel out the lounging clowns that have remained. At least something is moving in the right direction with that approach.

That way we can build a new mentality, which has been lost for a decade now almost it feels like.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lol.

We were already out of the CL we signed lacazette.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This was a season where Pool, Sp**s, Chelsea lost their way for long stretches.... ManU just stayed steady and ended up coming 2nd and ManCity steadied in time and came 1st. People talk about the Leceister title season, but this season was one of the most wide open seasons. If the ***** hadnt messed around trying to prove that the #10 position is outdated and been able to just select a simple normal formation with the best available players in the right positions, and kept doing the basics, top4 was there for the taking.

Maybe if he had Ødegaard, Esr and Partey for the entire season we would've got top 4, do you not think about the reasons why it happened? Specifically the first 15 games.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

This was a season where Pool, Sp**s, Chelsea lost their way for long stretches.... ManU just stayed steady and ended up coming 2nd and ManCity steadied in time and came 1st. People talk about the Leceister title season, but this season was one of the most wide open seasons. If the ***** hadnt messed around trying to prove that the #10 position is outdated and been able to just select a simple normal formation with the best available players in the right positions, and kept doing the basics, top4 was there for the taking.
Massive opportunity this season with major clubs having problems. And with no crowds to stomp on away form this was a golden chance for top 4.

Similar to 2015/16 in some ways. Except then Arsène was hung drawn and quartered for coming 2nd, whilst Arteta is 9th and many fans, pundits and journos saying he's done well . . . if you just count certain dates. The football world is insane. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s were spending 6th and had a superb manager was over performing and getting them top 4 every season. He slipped up once and was likely going to finish nearer his spending position and they sacked him. Now they're going to pieces.

Just like Arsenal they deserve everything they get.

amigo

His results in the league since Christmas have been decent, if we had changed managers then and the new manager had the identical same results we would be lauding him and saying that we've turned a corner. I think he has earned the right to start the new campaign. If by Christmas 2021 we are below top six then be ruthless and sack. Still not happy with his late reactive substitutions. The infuriating thing about Miki is that you can see there are good things he brings but the football is not incredibly inspiring and he's too stubborn sticking to plans that are not working. If he can learn to change things faster it will be a lot better for us.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom