• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

Oh_Snap

It is on Gamepass, I got it downloaded but no desire to play it yet even though I keep hearing good things.
There's a few things that make me dislike it from time to time. One thing is the Level-Design including the map. Whole thing is in Metroidvania-Style. So u have to go back to previously visited places once you get a clearance code. In my second playthrough it was ok but on my first .. i got lost so many times.

Also there's a certain Sidequest that u can see marked on the map but all you see is a locked door and i tried like an hour to get to the marked place only to find out u had to finish the main story to get to that place. that's ****ty gamedesign imho. Would suggest if u ever play it - just play story first and if u liked it come back half a year later and go all in. Gave me the perfect experience.

And sometimes the difficulty is weird ... everything is easy and then all of a sudden you can get stomped. there is no easy/medium/hard setting. BUT what i really appreciate there is that the Devs made "Cheats" available in the Optionsmenu. Godmode, Recharge Rate for energy and hp etc, everything is customizable to your needs. I used this to complete the Steam-Achievements.

Nintendo Switch Lite FIFA20 & Notebook Computer Football Manager 2020
Right now i am playing with Galatasaray Istanbul Football Manager 2020.
Started with FC Arsenal London but the Premier League too strong.
Than playing still sometimes with GNK DINAMO ZAGREB.
With FC Bayern Munchen it don´t run good me was sacked.
AC Milan don´t run good so me try now new Career
with Galatasaray Istanbul in Turkey Football Manager 2020 Notebook.
In FIFA20 on Nintendo Switch Lite i am best play career modus
& also FIFA20 online 20 WINS 2 DRAWS 5 LOST

Oh_Snap

Finished the Mass Effect Remaster yesterday. Even though the core game mechanics, especially for Part 1, are still outdated after the overhaul - what those games deliver in Lore, Artstyle and Storytelling in a trilogy is second to none.

The fact that u can transport ur savegame to the next game (because your decisions really matter!) was already awesome back then and i still can't think of any game that does it now. Decisions you made in the first game will have an impact on the second & third etc. If u have a slight interest for Sci-Fi and / or great storytelling and haven't played it by now, just do it already. You may shed a few tears as well as you'll have some great laughs.

First Part is basically worldbuilding, the combat is really not very well done but u get to explore a lot, learn about the world, it's races and challenges. It came out 2007 and landing on another planet and being able to drive around with a vehicle was a big deal for me back then and the game can make you do really uncomfortable decisions.

Second part is more dense, focuses on characters and your crew and it has one of the best final missions in game history imho - so much is at stake and, once again, your decisions matter SO much how this whole thing will end. Also comes with good DLCs.

Third Part gameplay really shines, the combat is the best in the series and it ties all the strings together from the previous parts. Story/Lorewise its behind the first two but there's a reason to it and i dont wanna spoil it. Also comes with the best DLCs, and one of them is just a feel-good-dlc but after u played 1&2 and most of 3 and get to play that DLC .. u're up for a great time.

TLDR: Mass Effect Legendary Edition is out and it's awesome. If you never played Mass Effect you suck but you got a chance to redeem yourself.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bought Sekiro and I gotta say this is an amazing game, hard but amazing. Blasted 12 hours straight and more in one day
As a fan of Tenchu back in PS1 & PS2 days (yes I am that old), I gotta say it's a great spiritual successor. When I took down Genichiro Ashina at the top of the tower, Tenchu 2 opening literally played in my head as I finish him (you will understand why when you watch this video)

If any of you younglings never heard of Tenchu 1,2,3 go download it, and play. It's a hard game if you play without thinking tho, ngl.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Bought Sekiro and I gotta say this is an amazing game, hard but amazing. Blasted 12 hours straight and more in one day
As a fan of Tenchu back in PS1 & PS2 days (yes I am that old), I gotta say it's a great spiritual successor. When I took down Genichiro Ashina at the top of the tower, Tenchu 2 opening literally played in my head as I finish him (you will understand why when you watch this video)

If any of you younglings never heard of Tenchu 1,2,3 go download it, and play. It's a hard game if you play without thinking tho, ngl.

Have had my eye on this game for years but never purchased, was also a huge Tenchu fan.

Reason I have never pulled the trigger on buying it is I heard its ridiculously hard for the sake of it, I dont mind a challenge but not at the expense of enjoyment.

May have to further research this.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Have had my eye on this game for years but never purchased, was also a huge Tenchu fan.

Reason I have never pulled the trigger on buying it is I heard its ridiculously hard for the sake of it, I dont mind a challenge but not at the expense of enjoyment.

May have to further research this.
I cleared the game in around 50 hours. Let's talk negative first.
- if you play Tenchu, or MGS, you will find the stealth part is a breeze once you know how to play. you can stab someone in front of a guy, he goes into high alert, you run away and high alert goes away.

- there's a bug where the locking system unlock itself. Very annoying when it happens and can lead to a game over screen. Similar to the camera bug in DS3 Vordt of Boreal valley, this is simply on Fromsoftware

Positive :
- This game is hard but if there is an example of a skill based game, this is the prime example. The deflect system is a brilliant idea cause it is more like a rhythm game to simplify things.
You press L1 just before the attack lands and the other side takes posture damage. you missed a beat, you take damage. There's also mikiri counter for stabs, and jump for sweeps.
I literally beat the final boss once I got his rhythm down to memory
- graphic is gorgeous, even set on low.
- sound is also great.

I think the game is hard but not ridiculously hard.
Ridiculously hard games are well reserved for Tohou series (bullet hell game)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Finished the Mass Effect Remaster yesterday. Even though the core game mechanics, especially for Part 1, are still outdated after the overhaul - what those games deliver in Lore, Artstyle and Storytelling in a trilogy is second to none.

The fact that u can transport ur savegame to the next game (because your decisions really matter!) was already awesome back then and i still can't think of any game that does it now. Decisions you made in the first game will have an impact on the second & third etc. If u have a slight interest for Sci-Fi and / or great storytelling and haven't played it by now, just do it already. You may shed a few tears as well as you'll have some great laughs.

First Part is basically worldbuilding, the combat is really not very well done but u get to explore a lot, learn about the world, it's races and challenges. It came out 2007 and landing on another planet and being able to drive around with a vehicle was a big deal for me back then and the game can make you do really uncomfortable decisions.

Second part is more dense, focuses on characters and your crew and it has one of the best final missions in game history imho - so much is at stake and, once again, your decisions matter SO much how this whole thing will end. Also comes with good DLCs.

Third Part gameplay really shines, the combat is the best in the series and it ties all the strings together from the previous parts. Story/Lorewise its behind the first two but there's a reason to it and i dont wanna spoil it. Also comes with the best DLCs, and one of them is just a feel-good-dlc but after u played 1&2 and most of 3 and get to play that DLC .. u're up for a great time.

TLDR: Mass Effect Legendary Edition is out and it's awesome. If you never played Mass Effect you suck but you got a chance to redeem yourself.
So my favourite video game of the PS4/Xbox One generation was Last of Us. I just don't like multiplayer games that much so I love games with great single player. Witcher 3 is my second favourite game of that gen.

I have a Xbox One now so I can't get TLOU2 and my Xbox is just collecting dust now cos I just don't play Fifa or COD much anymore. Someone recommended Mass Effect as the closest thing to TLOU2 and the only game he's played that can match it in story and gameplay quality. Do you agree and would you recommend if for someone with my tastes?

Oh_Snap

So my favourite video game of the PS4/Xbox One generation was Last of Us. I just don't like multiplayer games that much so I love games with great single player. Witcher 3 is my second favourite game of that gen.

I have a Xbox One now so I can't get TLOU2 and my Xbox is just collecting dust now cos I just don't play Fifa or COD much anymore. Someone recommended Mass Effect as the closest thing to TLOU2 and the only game he's played that can match it in story and gameplay quality. Do you agree and would you recommend if for someone with my tastes?
Sadly i have never played TLOU myself since its a playstation exclusive and i never owned a console in my life. While the story is indeed great, people that compare it to more current games tend to forget that those games are old and might nostalgia biased, just like myself. Mass Effect 1 came out in 2007 and even tho they made it a bit better in the legendary edition u can still see it's age.

Also all mass effect games are cover shooters (+ tech and biotic powers) and u can pause in the combat to move the camera around and assign powers to enemies and tell your squadmates what to attack. i dont think gameplay wise it can be compared to tlou.

Would still recommend it as i know no trilogy in gaming that takes your decision from part 1 to part 3. If part one is too clunky for you, you can also start with part two, the graphics really hold up and the gameplay is very fun imho. part two has also one of the best final missions in gaming history for me.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Days Gone has a decent story to it, maybe not quite Last of Us quality but better than most.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Pretty grim stuff going on at Blizzard / Activision right now. WoW Devs basically have stopped working because of the crappy communication of the Board. And the Photo is just the Icing on the cake. It's from 2013 but still .. yikes.

Always been a scummy company and it wasn't until being threatened with a walkout today by employees for their $150M a year CEO to acknowledge the workplace harassment case which led to a woman committing ****.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I managed to order a PS5 yesterday which I should get tomorrow, any recommendations for games to buy to tide me over until Battlefield 2042?

Batman

You talking to get the next gen experience or just anything?
Either really but I'd like to test out the haptics and adaptive triggers for sure. I mostly played XBOX the last decade or so, so some of the remastered PS exclusives will be new to me as well.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Either really but I'd like to test out the haptics and adaptive triggers for sure. I mostly played XBOX the last decade or so, so some of the remastered PS exclusives will be new to me as well.

I'm on Series X but I imagine Spiderman would be a good start, Ghost of Tshuma etc, thats where I would start anyway.

Batman

I'm on Series X but I imagine Spiderman would be a good start, Ghost of Tshuma etc, thats where I would start anyway.
Yeah Spiderman for sure because I love Insomniac. Ghost of Tsushima looks interesting and that new DLC just came out. Maybe I'll go into the game shop and let the nerds recommend some titles to me. 😆

IchirotoV2

I love the controller features when playing returnal. Also Astros playroom (pre-installed) demonstrates the potential of the haptics and adaptive triggers and is surprisingly fun.

Demons souls on performance mode was an amazing experience for me. Recommend that if you are into that stuff.

Top Bottom