• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
We might lose but so be it, I wonā€™t be harsh on Ole after what he had done in the league. I expect us to challenge the league next season and if we donā€™t do that then thatā€™s equivalent to no progress from this season and I wonā€™t accept it. Thatā€™s how I judge Ole because I want us to win the league means we need to show good progress in the league every season not cup comp.

Call me crazy but I don't see how a 74 point season with no trophies is suggestive of a title challenge the following season. In 2016-17 we got 75 points (and won a trophy), no one was saying we were gonn challenge, they were saying our manager should leave. Also if you dig into the data, i'm pretty sure Utd overperformed to get to 74 points. I think you're a bit further away than you think you are.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

I'd take him over Pepe everyday of the week 52 times.

The impact he had after joining them was unreal. It was similar to when Arshavin joined us and he hit the ground running immediately.

If a club spends 50m+ on a player then I expect an immediate impact and not waiting 2 years for a few goals.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Much depends who United get in the next transfer window. Still think youā€™ll be looking at 2nd or 3rd again. Ole and the squad are behind the City curve in terms of talent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pepe, crucial game winning assist in an FA Cup final.

Bruno, ummm...well, he scores lots of pens!

Makingtrax

Trusted ā­

The impact he had after joining them was unreal. It was similar to when Arshavin joined us and he hit the ground running immediately.

If a club spends 50m+ on a player then I expect an immediate impact and not waiting 2 years for a few goals.
To be fair to Pepe though heā€™s been in and out of the side like a yo yo, had a sh!t RB helping him and some really poor midfield transition work. Put him in a good side with a good manager and heā€˜ll probably bang in quite a few goals for you.

2Smokeyy

Trusted ā­

Pepe, crucial game winning assist in an FA Cup final.

Bruno, ummm...well, he scores lots of pens!

Pens are part of the game, I donā€™t see anyone criticising Ronaldo for doing the same.

Anyways, let be serious here...Bruno has had a much bigger impact than Pepe.

Makingtrax

Trusted ā­

Pens are part of the game, I donā€™t see anyone criticising Ronaldo for doing the same.

Brunoā€™s had a massive influence on United. Canā€™t remember an EPL player transforming a team quite so quickly and to such an extent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Agree, especially about the pens part.

Just tired of Arsenal fans putting our players down, especially when comparing them to United ones...who cares if Bruno has been better, defend your boys!

2Smokeyy

Trusted ā­

To be fair to Pepe though heā€™s been in and out of the side like a yo yo, had a sh!t RB helping him and some really poor midfield transition work. Put him in a good side with a good manager and heā€˜ll probably bang in quite a few goals for you.

Iā€™ve got a feeling that heā€™ll eventually turn out to be a good signing but so far the amount of goals/assists for a player signed for Ā£72m isnā€™t good enough.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't want to be too harsh on the players (rich coming from me) when the manager is an amateur but you know how important money spent is and for a team like Arsenal every penny counts and we have been throwing money in the bin.

Liverpool's success came from getting it right on every transfer because they can't buy a whole new defence every season like City, you see how they declined a bit when they threw money at Keita, Ox and Thiago because that money could have gone to better depth that would've helped them this season for example. It's all in hindsight but when competing with these superich clubs you need to be wise.

2Smokeyy

Trusted ā­

Agree, especially about the pens part.

Just tired of Arsenal fans putting our players down, especially when comparing them to United ones...who cares if Bruno has been better, defend your boys!

I used to do that when I would debate with friends that support Utd, Chelsea etc but I canā€™t do that anymore. This club has embarrassed us on several occasions so thereā€™s nothing to defend us on.

Weā€™re the laughing stock of the PL.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Call me crazy but I don't see how a 74 point season with no trophies is suggestive of a title challenge the following season. In 2016-17 we got 75 points (and won a trophy), no one was saying we were gonn challenge, they were saying our manager should leave. Also if you dig into the data, i'm pretty sure Utd overperformed to get to 74 points. I think you're a bit further away than you think you are.

Every season is different.

Progress is about moving forward not backward, not staying the same. We are making progress this season finishing from 3rd to 2nd and much higher point.

The thing to be considered as moving forward from what we had done this season for our 21/22 season is challenging the league. I mean finishing 2nd again without challenging the league in 21/22 wonā€™t be a progress though.

We can improve if we sign some quality players to turn our 11 draws into wins. Those draws what hurt us this season.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom