• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
No, no they can't. This summer is going to be like last, teams will struggle, teams abroad abroad struggle the most including big teams. Premier league clubs will do the best. I'm expecting investment this summer.

How are you not struggling then? You even failed to qualify for conference European. No European comp means it’s damaging your club financially. You are going to need to use all your budget just to buy Hakimi.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Conte wanting to go to Sp**s is strange since he had struggles adapting to life in the UK when he was at Chelsea.

He loves big man striker who is clinical. I won’t be surprised if he sees the potential what he can do managing Kane and Son up top probably offer more potential than Lukaku and Martinez partnership. If a manager sees world class players that he can build around then I won’t be surprised why he wants to join Sp**s.

@HairSprayGooners if you lose Conte and he joins Sp**s. You are dreaming that Conte will not try to sign Hakimi to upgrade Aurier. Hakimi will choose Sp**s/conte over arsenal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He loves big man striker who is clinical. I won’t be surprised if he sees the potential what he can do managing Kane and Son up top probably offer more potential than Lukaku and Martinez partnership. If a manager sees world class players that he can build around then I won’t be surprised why he wants to join Sp**s.

@HairSprayGooners if you lose Conte and he joins Sp**s. You are dreaming that Conte will not try to sign Hakimi to upgrade Aurier. Hakimi will choose Sp**s/conte over arsenal.

You think after taking out a £175M loan (that needs to be paid back next march) paying off Mourinho and having to replace Harry Kane along with paying for Conte that Sp**s will drop 50M on a right back? Are you dreaming?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Connte joined a Chelsea without European football. He joined them after they came 10th in the league.

In fairness, they had 3 things we're currently lacking:

1. An ambitious owner

2. A very good squad

3. A track record of bouncing back from bad positions

All he'll get here is Josh telling him to be excited, Vinai signing fake sponsorships & Edu showing up in his gimp costume with Kia in tow.

It's enough to send him running back to Inter's hands 🤣

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If we were to hire Conte that'd be the last we see of Saka, ESR and Martinelli. Man's got a thing for older players. He went to Inter and recruited like the 2015 FIFA team of the year ffs. He's a great coach though and I think he'd have us challenging for top 4 with the current crop of players, but it'd look something like this:

Leno
Holding, Mari, Gabriel
Bellerin, Partey, Xhaka, Tierney
Pepe, Laca, Auba

Then he'd want to add to that and that would just put the young guns even further down the pecking order

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You think after taking out a £175M loan (that needs to be paid back next march) paying off Mourinho and having to replace Harry Kane along with paying for Conte that Sp**s will drop 50M on a right back? Are you dreaming?
Conte is free mate. They don’t need to pay him. And if they sell Kane then there where they money is coming from, they don’t need to buy Kane’s replacement the same price as they sell him. Spending 50m is realistic and more likely than arsenal spending 200m plus.

On contrary, you need to sack your staffs because you have no money, you can’t sell your deadwoods for decent value because they are not valuable enough, your ageing players aren’t as valuable as Kane. The fact none want to spend decent amount of fees on AMN last summer sums up everything. And now you are hoping to spend double or three times bigger than teams who have European football?

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Conte is free mate. They don’t need to pay him. And if they sell Kane then there where they money is coming from, they don’t need to buy Kane’s replacement the same price as they sell him. Spending 50m is realistic and more likely than arsenal spending 200m plus.

On contrary, you need to sack your staffs because you have no money, you can’t sell your deadwoods for decent value because they are not valuable enough, your ageing players aren’t as valuable as Kane. The fact none want to spend decent amount of fees on AMN last summer sums up everything. And now you are hoping to spend double or three times bigger than teams who have European football?

Instead of posting all this drivel which I probably won't even read let's wait and see what happens this summer. Then come back to this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you read, you won’t have disagreement with people in here as you will see the logic and sense what people are posting in here.

Everything you posted in that little piece is the definition of illogical. All ifs buts and maybes.

You know what the logical thing is? Saying until the window is done.

In my opinion we will spend 150-200M. I think we will make a fair amount of signings.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Everything you posted in that little piece is the definition of illogical. All ifs buts and maybes.

You know what the logical thing is? Saying until the window is done.

In my opinion we will spend 150-200M. I think we will make a fair amount of signings.

’’In my opinion’’

How is yours a logical? You only stated your opinion without explanation.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Ed Woodward resign, how's he giving out new deals?

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom