• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For CM, this is the kind of thing I want to see:

Seen you pushing for Dasilva for some time now and he's looked good the few times I've caught any of Brentford's games. Do you see him as part of a pivot together with Thomas then?

Lol, 1:08 in the Dasilva comp - see there's a Xhaka in Championship as well 😂

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seen you pushing for Dasilva for some time now and he's looked good the few times I've caught any of Brentford's games. Do you see him as part of a pivot together with Thomas then?

Lol, 1:08 in the Dasilva comp - see there's a Xhaka in Championship as well 😂
He could definitely play in that type of role IMO but I probably wouldn't make that a static pivot as I'd want to be able to exert the team on the opposition, to borrow a phrase from the great Arsène Wenger. I'm thinking of what Arteta wants, and he obviously wants a Xhaka-like presence next to Partey, so I'm thinking of players who can offer that without being slow coaches. I do think Sambi Lokonga really fits the bill in terms of being able to pass progressively while also having a bit more about him in terms of press resistance, ball winning and (importantly for me) able to run fast and often.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Onana £5m
Celik/Mazraoui £10-15m
Neves £30-35m
Bissouma £30-35m
Ødegaard Loan with option/obligation to buy

Spent on incomings: ~£85m as well as delaying the Ødegaard expenditure.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm still reeling from the Buendia debacle. Never would I imagine we would be losing players to Aston Villa. Anyways I digress, the rumour mill has linked us with Portuguese midfielder Ruben Neves. So I decided to do some YouTube scouting and then the YouTube algorithm recommended Pedro Goncalves of Sporting Lisbon. He's seemingly replaced Bruno Fernandes and has taken Sporting to a league title and have spoiled the duopoly of that league. Kid looks elite, 23 goals from midfield, great dribbler, really tricky, low-centre of gravity. Seems like the Raichu to Buendia's Pikachu, if you get what I mean. Could we realistically obtain him? To those who regularly watch the Portuguese league, how good is this guy?

RunTheTrap

If we're going Disney World this summer, I would like us to buy:
Pedro Goncalves
Bissouma
Lokonga
Onana
Aarons

The top two will be the hardest to obtain, but I expect the bottom three to be done with no stupidity or excuses. I'll hold my breath.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'm still reeling from the Buendia debacle. Never would I imagine we would be losing players to Aston Villa. Anyways I digress, the rumour mill has linked us with Portuguese midfielder Ruben Neves. So I decided to do some YouTube scouting and then the YouTube algorithm recommended Pedro Goncalves of Sporting Lisbon. He's seemingly replaced Bruno Fernandes and has taken Sporting to a league title and have spoiled the duopoly of that league. Kid looks elite, 23 goals from midfield, great dribbler, really tricky, low-centre of gravity. Seems like the Raichu to Buendia's Pikachu, if you get what I mean. Could we realistically obtain him? To those who regularly watch the Portuguese league, how good is this guy?
Posted and asked about some pages back, but didn't get a response. Hopefully we'll get some insight here though. My only concern (from not knowing anything about him) is his low assist numbers. We really need more chance creation, but maybe he would facilitate that

RunTheTrap

Posted and asked about some pages back, but didn't get a response. Hopefully we'll get some insight here though. My only concern (from not knowing anything about him) is his low assist numbers. We really need more chance creation, but maybe he would facilitate that
Personally, I feel like we need an additional goal-scorer more. If we are losing Lacazette and Auba is on the decline we desperately need goals from somewhere. I understand the concerns about chance-creation but I feel that is more an Arteta problem than player problem. If Arteta could be a little less rigid, I'm sure our chance creation will improve, although saying that, maybe a new right back could help in that department too.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Buendia would have been an amazing creative midfielder because he provides press-resistance, high progressive carries/passes, and solid contribution in terms of xG/xA.

I was looking at fbref.com for similar midfielders. Because Buendia doesn't have stats posted on FBref, I used Gundogan as a proxy (a goalscoring '8' with many progressive carries and passes).

Based on players with similar stats the best options would be Aouar, De Paul, B. Silva.
Silva would be an amazing marquee signing, but he can go to any club in the world. Aouar is great in terms of quality, but I wonder about his mentality. De Paul I don't know very well, but 9g+9a is very good from midfield especially playing for a mediocre club.

I think I'd prefer them over Ødegaard, even though I do rate him highly still. Ødegaard is very intelligent, links play very well, does more defensively than those three, but his output is not amazing. Think his output could be close to 5 goals and 8-10 assists in a full season at Arsenal, which would be quite good.

Hinderz

Buendia would have been an amazing creative midfielder because he provides press-resistance, high progressive carries/passes, and solid contribution in terms of xG/xA.

I was looking at fbref.com for similar midfielders. Because Buendia doesn't have stats posted on FBref, I used Gundogan as a proxy (a goalscoring '8' with many progressive carries and passes).

Based on players with similar stats the best options would be Aouar, De Paul, B. Silva.
Silva would be an amazing marquee signing, but he can go to any club in the world. Aouar is great in terms of quality, but I wonder about his mentality. De Paul I don't know very well, but 9g+9a is very good from midfield especially playing for a mediocre club.

I think I'd prefer them over Ødegaard, even though I do rate him highly still. Ødegaard is very intelligent, links play very well, does more defensively than those three, but his output is not amazing. Think his output could be close to 5 goals and 8-10 assists in a full season at Arsenal, which would be quite good.
What’s the deal with Aouar’s mentality?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What’s the deal with Aouar’s mentality?
From what I remember last summer he (and his agent) thought he was too good for us and demanded outrageous fees at the last minute.

It was also mentioned on this forum that Lyon fans were complaining that he can't be bothered in the smaller matches and only shows up for the big matches. Based on our squad I do think we need a couple of players who combine technical quality with grit.

I've only seen him perform on the international stage, though, which is why I rate him highly in terms of quality. The mentality thing is hearsay for me, but would be a worry if true.

Hinderz

Yeah I heard a rumour that his brother is his agent and wanted some big fee, but really I don’t see that as that different from Raiola or any of the other leaches out there.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There's an article by GFFN quoting one of his coaches that he "picks his matches". Also a report that he refused to train when he was dropped from the side. Plus the agent/ brother stuff last summer. Definitely a few red flags, but he looks a good player, that aside. Think Aouar's advantages are that he is left sided rather than right and can play in midfield as well as AM. The attitude thing makes you wary though, don't think you'd get that with Ødegaard (got the keys to his house as a child apparently)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom