• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Leno
Mukiele - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Caqueret (Neves)
Partey - Silva
Pepe - Auba - Saka

Ryan (or HG)
Cedric - Chambers - Marí - Buchanan (Doig, Caci)
Lokonga
Willock - Smith-Rowe
Taylor-Hart - Balogun - Martinelli​

Sell the rest. Replace Arteta. Replace Edu with Campos.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Leno
Mukiele - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Caqueret (Neves)
Partey - Silva
Pepe - Auba - Saka

Ryan (or HG)
Cedric - Chambers - Marí - Buchanan (Doig, Caci)
Lokonga
Willock - Smith-Rowe
Taylor-Hart - Balogun - Martinelli​

Sell the rest. Replace Arteta. Replace Edu with Campos.
Like it, but have gone off Mukiele a bit. I'd be slightly worried to have Caqueret play lone dm. Last time I talked you off Caqueret I said he didn't play too much as dm 😬 but even if that was slightly wrong I think he more often plays in a pivot or with Thiago Mendes next to him. All for Caqueret and Partey in a pivot though!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
RB - Baku or Aarons
CM - Ødegaard, Caqueret and Bissouma

That puts us in a decent place, then we just need to add some depth to the LB/GK department and maybe a CB is funds allow.

RB - Baku or Aarons
CM - Ødegaard, Caqueret and Bissouma

That puts us in a decent place, then we just need to add some depth to the LB/GK department and maybe a CB is funds allow.
I’m having this same feeling where I wish we would just totally focus on the midfield as well. Like 3 in and 3 out and the rest can be relatively cheap depth. I think even if we had chambers/cedric at rb we could compete in top 4 if we really upgraded the midfield.
1 young star - gravenberch, caquaret, aouar
1 workhorse who tackles - bissouma, zakaria
1 AM rover - nkunku, matheus periera

Dutch D

Like it, but have gone off Mukiele a bit. I'd be slightly worried to have Caqueret play lone dm. Last time I talked you off Caqueret I said he didn't play too much as dm 😬 but even if that was slightly wrong I think he more often plays in a pivot or with Thiago Mendes next to him. All for Caqueret and Partey in a pivot though!
Haha, yeah I remember that. I just think in a fluid system Caqueret would still get helped out by Partey in a box-to-box role. I mostly post it as 4-3-3 because I don't want our third midfielder to be a traditional '10', but more a 'creative 8' if you will. To me it suggests more defensive duties for both advanced midfielders and more shared creative responsibility than 4-2-3-1.

What has caused you to go off on Mukiele?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Haha, yeah I remember that. I just think in a fluid system Caqueret would still get helped out by Partey in a box-to-box role. I mostly post it as 4-3-3 because I don't want our third midfielder to be a traditional '10', but more a 'creative 8' if you will. To me it suggests more defensive duties for both advanced midfielders and more shared creative responsibility than 4-2-3-1.

What has caused you to go off on Mukiele?

Would Caqueret not play ahead of Partey in a 433? He looks to be in a similar mould to Veratti.

A midfield of:
------------Partey
Caqueret------LCM

Looks pretty good to me on paper.

Dutch D

Would Caqueret not play ahead of Partey in a 433? He looks to be in a similar mould to Veratti.

A midfield of:
------------Partey
Caqueret------LCM

Looks pretty good to me on paper.
In practice it would be quite fluid, so I don't think it matters too much how you put it on paper. Arguably Partey would drive forward a bit more than Caqueret, but could also be that Partey stays back a bit more.

Wilshero

Would love it, but he is good enough to play for any team in the world.
True. He knows Arteta from City though, and many clubs in other leagues have been financially hit by the covid crisis. Still see this as a dream signing rather than a realistic one though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

André Onana
Zeki Çelik / Ridle Baku
Renato Sanches / Ruben Neves
Houssem Aouar / Pedro Gonçalves / Martin Ødegaard
Michael Olise

mpower2540

Anyone watched much of Patrik Schick recently? I know his career has stalled a bit but he looked pretty exciting a couple of years ago.

Jakarta

Zaha
Bissouma
Ødegaard on loan+option to buy
New RB
Keep Guendouzi instead of splashing cash on Neves

—————-—Leno———————-
RB——Holding——-Gabriel—-Tierney
———-Partey——Bissouma/Guen ——
Saka/Pepe—-MO/ESR———-Zaha—
———-Laca/Auba/Martinelli————-

The Wire Reaction GIF

Just give me that attack man. Let the two DMs sit and let that attack run riot like Liverpool.

Next summer sort out CF situation and RCB.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I want one player from each bracket. Alternatives for each bracket listed in order of priority. At least one of RB or LB should be homegrown. Thought Sabitzer would be 30 m when I started this earlier today, but with rumour of 15 it's a complete no brainer.

DM/CM: Bissouma, Neves
CM: Sabitzer, Neves
CM/AM: Ödegaard, Pereira, Aouar
LB: Buchanan, Doig, Malacia
RB: Aarons, Baku, Mazraoui
CF: Depay, Toney
GK: Onana
GK: Homegrown

OUT
Kolasinac
Guendouzi
Torreira