• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam_Og

stats are not made up. Stats are statistics based on actual facts. Do not take it personally...no one is asking you to live only on avocados from Peru.

Brother, please show me the stat where it quantifies that 73% of all farmed animals in the UK are kept in factory farms.

provide it and i will shame my ancestory and join the Anti-Agriculture movement.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't farm myself but I am from a farming family and support farmers however it scares me how quickly the industry is changing. Twenty years ago it was all 200-400 acre farms, mostly sheep and a few cattle. Growing up my father farmed a reasonable size hill farm all with traditional, local breeds, just enough to support our family and that was typical of the area.

Now a lot of farms have gone into chickens, there are 8 sheds housing 150,000 chickens within a mile of my house alone. One of my neighbours has just built an intensive pig unit. There is a colossal demand for feed, my nieces husband drives a lorry from mid Wales to Southampton every day, 350 mile round trip collecting chicken feed.

A lot of the smaller farms have given up and rent their land to the bigger farms, who just keep growing at an astonishing rate. The small farms that are still going are mostly subsidised by their wife going out to work as the farms don't make enough to support a family any longer. The biggest farm in the area has gone from sheep and cattle to 5 industrial chicken sheds with 90,000 chickens, a £2m feed mill, a solar farm, 17 wind turbines and quadrupled their acreage in the last 15 years alone.

I do worry where it will all end, certainly our 'quaint' small farming community will eventually be turned into a handful of super farms which upsets me greatly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Really bad day for transfers. Bellerin going to be difficult one to let go high wages and no top teams want him.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Good to see a another farmer on this forum :thumbsup:

What these Netflix documentaries also fail to mention is that its all through the eyes and words of vegan activists, it's obviously going to be incredibly one sided and focusing on the most extreme cases.
It's also worth a mention, which seems to be completely overlooked in the past year, that during the height of lockdown, when all the travel bans were in place, the level of pollution in the UK dropped like a brick! Despite the fact that farming in the UK was still running at 100%, but the media will tell you the pollution is caused by cow farts :lol:
As someone who is also from a farm it really is sickening the way british agriculture is put across in the media, like you said, all they're doing is showing what they want and pushing an agenda.
Clarkson's farm should hopefully be a good watch and an eye opener for some.
Honestly i haven't really watched the docus but my mates who did were telling me how it's better to buy in local farms. So till now i always assumed the docus were more against the big farms who produce meat like it's done in a factory assembly line

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Benge been spot on with Bellerin situation since last summer. 25M euros for him is good return but remain to be seen if A.Madrid pay that.

Iceman10

Established Member

Benge been spot on with Bellerin situation since last summer. 25M euros for him is good return but remain to be seen if A.Madrid pay that.
That's the upper limit set as an asking price by Arsenal, as we did for Xhaka, so likely it will end up a bit lower, haggling over add-ons, etc.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
That's the upper limit set as an asking price by Arsenal, as we did for Xhaka, so likely it will end up a bit lower, haggling over add-ons, etc.
the difference i think Xhaka had very good season by his standards so asking 25M is under value to be fair he should cost 30M at least about Bellerin well he just been off since long time i don't think we'll end up getting what we asking for in face we'll be lucky getting 15M

Iceman10

Established Member
Nobody wants Bellerin, so it doesn't really matter what price they put for him.
He could have been sold last summer, using a bit of a con that he was only going to get better emerging from his injury. At that point AMN had had a great run at the end of last season and even though he had dreams of playing CM would probably have been happy enough being #1 RB, regular minutes, and England International... but Arteta said to Bellerin "one more season please!" and here we are. Depreciated value for both Bellerin and AMN.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He could have been sold last summer, using a bit of a con that he was only going to get better emerging from his injury. At that point AMN had had a great run at the end of last season and even though he had dreams of playing CM would probably have been happy enough being #1 RB, regular minutes, and England International... but Arteta said to Bellerin "one more season please!" and here we are.
Yep, another L for Arteta & Edu.
Now even La Liga sides aren't interested in him and he isn't gonna cancel his 100k/week contract at Arsenal.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't farm myself but I am from a farming family and support farmers however it scares me how quickly the industry is changing. Twenty years ago it was all 200-400 acre farms, mostly sheep and a few cattle. Growing up my father farmed a reasonable size hill farm all with traditional, local breeds, just enough to support our family and that was typical of the area.

Now a lot of farms have gone into chickens, there are 8 sheds housing 150,000 chickens within a mile of my house alone. One of my neighbours has just built an intensive pig unit. There is a colossal demand for feed, my nieces husband drives a lorry from mid Wales to Southampton every day, 350 mile round trip collecting chicken feed.

A lot of the smaller farms have given up and rent their land to the bigger farms, who just keep growing at an astonishing rate. The small farms that are still going are mostly subsidised by their wife going out to work as the farms don't make enough to support a family any longer. The biggest farm in the area has gone from sheep and cattle to 5 industrial chicken sheds with 90,000 chickens, a £2m feed mill, a solar farm, 17 wind turbines and quadrupled their acreage in the last 15 years alone.

I do worry where it will all end, certainly our 'quaint' small farming community will eventually be turned into a handful of super farms which upsets me greatly.
Don't think I have read a more depressing post on AM in quite a while. I hate what the ****ing meat industry is turning farming into. Meat needs to be more expensive and something we eat once in a while and not something that is on the table at every meal.

Hjalmaar

Simeone was fuming after we triggered Parteys clause and swore to destroy Arsenal. I'm 100% sure he's just ****ing with us with this fake interest for Hector. We're being taken for a ride and messing up our own plans along the way.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
As for farmers being demonised by the media, if anything farmers are too romanticised and actually the harsh realities of their lives are not appreciated by city folk. If any farmers should be demonised it's the millionaire farmers with huge ranches in America or the ones with thousands of acres of arable in southern England, they're the pricks.
Subtle dig at Stan there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom