• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,848

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Bit of Akpom vibes without the greed. Skilful and quick. Want to see more of him in front of goal.

Think he joined us willingly, wasn't released. Was a youth International so doubt he was getting released. He's proper Arsenal though, from a family of Gooners. No doubt he jumped at the chance to come here.

This was his first goal on his first start for U18s last week. I would like to see more of him, think he has an interesting skillset.
Richards looks ruthless in the penalty box but with more to his game than someone like Nketiah.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on next year, presume he will have a fleshed out role in the 18's by then

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Richards looks ruthless in the penalty box but with more to his game than someone like Nketiah.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on next year, presume he will have a fleshed out role in the 18's by then
He'll be competing with Edwards most likely. Moller is the clear U23 CF with Balogun presumably above that level. Edwards is the one just behind, so my guess is Richards will be rotating with Edwards depending on the latter's U23 chances.

Afro Mugo

Today Jeorge Bird has done in interesting article of two bright prospects Ethan Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly u14s who have been regulars at u16 level and Chelsea and United have been on their case recently. I've watched Lewis Skelly a little bit and he is the heir to Bandeira and Musah. Nwaneri has just turned 14 so he must be a crazy talent to play at u16 level. It must be an Azeez Musah part 2 although Lewis-Skelly (Sep 06) and Nwaneri (Mar 07). They played in a global u12 tournament sometime back with the likes of Barcelona and Lewis Skelly was the best player in the tournament.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Today Jeorge Bird has done in interesting article of two bright prospects Ethan Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly u14s who have been regulars at u16 level and Chelsea and United have been on their case recently. I've watched Lewis Skelly a little bit and he is the heir to Bandeira and Musah. Nwaneri has just turned 14 so he must be a crazy talent to play at u16 level.
I just read that. Looks like another Azeez/Musah situation where 2 midfielders are on the come-up early on. Very intriguing situation, hopefully we're able to keep hold of them. Interesting that Jeorge Bird has made an article about them already - he usually holds off until they start to make in-roads towards U18 contention, so these 2 must be making a LOT of noise right now. Intriguing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Today Jeorge Bird has done in interesting article of two bright prospects Ethan Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly u14s who have been regulars at u16 level and Chelsea and United have been on their case recently. I've watched Lewis Skelly a little bit and he is the heir to Bandeira and Musah. Nwaneri has just turned 14 so he must be a crazy talent to play at u16 level. It must be an Azeez Musah part 2 although Lewis-Skelly (Sep 06) and Nwaneri (Mar 07). They played in a global u12 tournament sometime back with the likes of Barcelona and Lewis Skelly was the best player in the tournament.
Great stuff mate, let’s hope we can keep hold of them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anyone know how are Henry Timi Davies, Reuell Walters, and Jonathan Dinzeyi doing?
Reuell Walters looked impressive in the game vs Villa U18s, will seemingly be the main RB next season depending on what happens with Norton-Cuffy.

Haven't seen anything of Davies but Dinzeyi has been a regular for the U23s and unfortunately has not been impressive. Monlouis seems to be primed to usurp him.

Afro Mugo

Sydie Peck has left the club. He was recently on trial at Manchester United. Not sure whether he was released or he chose to leave because he was really highly rated at some point. He was the captain mostly although injuries derailed him last season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sydie Peck has left the club. He was recently on trial at Manchester United. Not sure whether he was released or he chose to leave because he was really highly rated at some point. He was the captain mostly although injuries derailed him last season.
I remember reading he might be leaving from Jeorge Bird's blog. Both him and Petrie, two of our highest rated guys, leaving before even becoming scholars is a surprise.

With the likes of Cozier-Duberry coming to the fore and the very fortunate acquisition of Amani Richards - a player I'm becoming a huge fan of - I think we have managed to offset the loss of those players quite well. That #10 position will be of interest next season.

Afro Mugo

I remember reading he might be leaving from Jeorge Bird's blog. Both him and Petrie, two of our highest rated guys, leaving before even becoming scholars is a surprise.

With the likes of Cozier-Duberry coming to the fore and the very fortunate acquisition of Amani Richards - a player I'm becoming a huge fan of - I think we have managed to offset the loss of those players quite well. That #10 position will be of interest next season.
With Petrie I think it's a similar case as Ebiowei. Talented but I think there were disciplinary issues. I'm less worried about the losses ; Will lankshear another who was talented was also released and made his debut for Sheffield u23s recently. I think the club wants to fast track Nwaneri and Lewis Skelly aside from the new signings.

Afro Mugo

Concerning the number 10 , I think Sagoe Jr will get minutes there interchanging with James Sweet. Sagoe reminds me of Joe Willock ; both were really tiny initially and at 16 they both experienced growth spurts which brought about discomforts and injuries. Then Joe just by passed 23s and went on pre season tour. I think Sagoe Jr will be one to watch next year IMO plus I think Salah-Eddines bro also plays 10.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With Petrie I think it's a similar case as Ebiowei. Talented but I think there were disciplinary issues. I'm less worried about the losses ; Will lankshear another who was talented was also released and made his debut for Sheffield u23s recently. I think the club wants to fast track Nwaneri and Lewis Skelly aside from the new signings.
Yeah I've heard they want to do more with Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly, which I think is a move to try to keep them at the club and get them to sign scholarships. There must be incredible interest in them to push them so early. Some of the recruitment has been interesting though - Walters looks decent, Richards obviously a star, and Kaleel Green from the small clips I've seen looks skillful and quick.

Concerning the number 10 , I think Sagoe Jr will get minutes there interchanging with James Sweet. Sagoe reminds me of Joe Willock ; both were really tiny initially and at 16 they both experienced growth spurts which brought about discomforts and injuries. Then Joe just by passed 23s and went on pre season tour. I think Sagoe Jr will be one to watch next year IMO plus I think Salah-Eddines bro also plays 10.
Has it been confirmed that Salah-Eddine's brother is a scholar next season? That should be a case. I did notice that Sagoe Jnr looked a little taller but not by much. I expect we will see more of him next season aswell, I was impressed with his dribbling and agility in the Villa game. Need more of that. Hopefully Sweet stays fit aswell as he's looked good in the little I've seen of him too.

Could be a very good campaign with Micciche at the helm and a raw but very promising looking attack. The defence will be intriguing too, I expect it to be Awe and Foran for most of the games but with Jeffcott and Walters potentially that's a solid backline. Bandeira & Ibrahim could be mainstays.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i read few days ago our club will make few players available on loan guys like Moller and Lewis will be send out on loan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
i read few days ago our club will make few players available on loan guys like Moller and Lewis will be send out on loan.
Yeah, the list IIRC was:

Nikolaj Moller
George Lewis
Tim Akinola
George Lewis
Ryan Alebiosu
Ben Cottrell (about time!)
Jonathan Dinzeyi
Harry Clarke
Zak Swanson

Later was revealed Dan Ballard will go to the Championship (presumably with Blackpool again as he's done extremely well there so far).

I'd let Oyegoke go on loan too but looks like he will be part of the defence next season. All the talk about Azeez, Balogun and Patino has been that they'll be integrated into first team training.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, the list IIRC was:

Nikolaj Moller
George Lewis
Tim Akinola
George Lewis
Ryan Alebiosu
Ben Cottrell (about time!)
Jonathan Dinzeyi
Harry Clarke
Zak Swanson

Later was revealed Dan Ballard will go to the Championship (presumably with Blackpool again as he's done extremely well there so far).

I'd let Oyegoke go on loan too but looks like he will be part of the defence next season. All the talk about Azeez, Balogun and Patino has been that they'll be integrated into first team training.
i like how we send players on loan last year even if i never watch non of them but the reports quite positive about their development Per really doing positive job. Yes Ballard likely staying with Blackpool. Shame we look like about to lose Taylor-Hart he yet to sign new contract.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
i like how we send players on loan last year even if i never watch non of them but the reports quite positive about their development Per really doing positive job. Yes Ballard likely staying with Blackpool. Shame we look like about to lose Taylor-Hart he yet to sign new contract.
We'll see re Taylor-Hart. I think whatever happens with him will affect recruitment slightly. Maybe Hutchinson gets moved up to U23 starter earlier than expected (if he isn't already in contention), or we sign someone else. Maybe we keep Nelson. Maybe one of the U18s has a stellar season and moves up the ranks - Sagoe Jnr, Cozier-Duberry, Green, even Richards if he is moved wide temporarily.

Afro Mugo

Yeah I've heard they want to do more with Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly, which I think is a move to try to keep them at the club and get them to sign scholarships. There must be incredible interest in them to push them so early. Some of the recruitment has been interesting though - Walters looks decent, Richards obviously a star, and Kaleel Green from the small clips I've seen looks skillful and quick.

Has it been confirmed that Salah-Eddine's brother is a scholar next season? That should be a case. I did notice that Sagoe Jnr looked a little taller but not by much. I expect we will see more of him next season aswell, I was impressed with his dribbling and agility in the Villa game. Need more of that. Hopefully Sweet stays fit aswell as he's looked good in the little I've seen of him too.

Could be a very good campaign with Micciche at the helm and a raw but very promising looking attack. The defence will be intriguing too, I expect it to be Awe and Foran for most of the games but with Jeffcott and Walters potentially that's a solid backline. Bandeira & Ibrahim could be mainstays.
Yes Im almost certain Ismail will be a scholar next season. Sagoe hasn't grown by much but he's become more stocky almost Aguero like which will help him in his game. I think the departure of Musah is sth the club is really trying to prevent again hence the fast tracking of especially Lewis-Skelly because I've only heard about Nwaneri this year. Lewis-Skelly has been scouted a lot locally and internationally as he has being good in a no of youth tournaments . Good thing he's a London boy unlike Musah who had a diverse background.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

I like Sagoe Jr a lot. Looks to have very good potential as a dribbler, can use both feet well. His physique and frame is a bit similar to Joe before the growth spurt like you stated. Although I think Sagoe is a bit more technical than Joe was (Sagoe has a cleaner touch). Although Joe used to be quite agile before the growth spurt. He incorporated a lot of power and physicality when he put on size, also became more athletic. Some of the technical aspects of his game has suffered a bit, especially passing and ability in tight spaces.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom