• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think wishing for a striker who can create chances for himself is bollocks ngl. Who in the league is doing that :lol:

Even the “perfect striker” VP needed service and Fergie made it a point to give him that service. I don’t quite get that critique.

Ive said all season the pressure for our forwards to convert the 2/3 chances a game we make is completely ridiculous. I think even our greats would see their outputs cut in half if they played in this version of Arsenal (I have nothing to prove this just saying).

Our playmakers are essentially Luiz or Holding, along with Tierney lumping in crosses to guys who don’t thrive off crosses when he’s fit.

Bang on, our problem is creating chances. Auba's had a meh season but it's clearly also a systematic issue related to the coach. This isn't a Brighton situation where the team is creating the chances but the striker just isn't putting them away.

Tom349

I think wishing for a striker who can create chances for himself is bollocks ngl. Who in the league is doing that :lol:

Even the “perfect striker” VP needed service and Fergie made it a point to give him that service. I don’t quite get that critique.

Ive said all season the pressure for our forwards to convert the 2/3 chances a game we make is completely ridiculous. I think even our greats would see their outputs cut in half if they played in this version of Arsenal (I have nothing to prove this just saying).

Our playmakers are essentially Luiz or Holding, along with Tierney lumping in crosses to guys who don’t thrive off crosses when he’s fit.

Its less to do with creating chances and more to do with keeping both CB's busy for 90 minutes. You watch a 34 year old Cavani who makes run after run, challenges in the air and constantly pressures the opposition, while Aubamayeng does none of that.

Creating chances was an issue in the first half of the season but Aubamayeng only has himself to blame for his lack of goal scoring in the second half of the season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Its less to do with creating chances and more to do with keeping both CB's busy for 90 minutes. You watch a 34 year old Cavani who makes run after run, challenges in the air and constantly pressures the opposition, while Aubamayeng does none of that.
Yeah this stuff personally doesn’t give me satisfaction or make me feel better.

I am more than fine with having Auba instead of Cavani.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He fell off a cliff this season but still has a decent goal return. He'll come good if Arteta allows us to play to our strengths instead of his mediocre brand. He does need to add some aggression imo like Pepe has and I think he'll create a bit for himself

GoonerJay24

I'm in two minds regarding Auba. In one sense I feel Artetas setup hasn't bought the best out of him. But then again I believe we generally need a more rounded main striker if we're playing possession based football.

I actually think Emery managed him well and ensured the system put Auba in goalscoring positions.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Man I just want this guy to be sent on like a month long holiday to Tahiti. We need this guy to get some sun, private island, mango for breakfast, personal masseuse, bit of gym, this guy just needs to REST UP and get back to strength.

Theresa

I gave Auba undeserved stick this season, before I knew about his off field problems. Hopefully he puts them behind him and starts firing again next season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is just summer talk, fan talk, chit chat, nothing deep - but you think we take the captaincy away from him? Doesn’t carry himself like a captain for me.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is just summer talk, fan talk, chit chat, nothing deep - but you think we take the captaincy away from him? Doesn’t carry himself like a captain for me.
I’m a big fan of Auba think he’s a great player but he’s too much of a clown to be captain. All the break dancing and acting silly in the changing rooms and recording yourself whilst you’re 15th isn’t captain material.

Feel like Guendouzi would have fixed up if he had proper senior players to look up to rather than 30 year olds that act 12 in Auba and Laca.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I’m a big fan of Auba think he’s a great player but he’s too much of a clown to be captain. All the break dancing and acting silly in the changing rooms and recording yourself whilst you’re 15th isn’t captain material.

Feel like Guendouzi would have fixed up if he had proper senior players to look up to rather than 30 year olds that act 12 in Auba and Laca.
Exactly

great player but he hasn't grown up. He is still a kid

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I thought he downed tools and gave up early in the season when we were struggling. I have no problem with a lack of goals or a drop in form but the lack of effort or any sort of motivation to lead us out of the downward spiral was a big negative point for me especially coming right after he signed his fat new contract.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I thought he downed tools and gave up early in the season when we were struggling. I have no problem with a lack of goals or a drop in form but the lack of effort or any sort of motivation to lead us out of the downward spiral was a big negative point for me especially coming right after he signed his fat new contract.
Don’t agree, if anything I think he was working hard for the team at the start of the season. He was out of position and constantly tracking back.

Tom Mix

A great player. Dislike of PEA is proportional to lack of appreciation of quality in football. Sanchez only striker in his league from the players we have had since, say, Van Persie.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Man I just want this guy to be sent on like a month long holiday to Tahiti. We need this guy to get some sun, private island, mango for breakfast, personal masseuse, bit of gym, this guy just needs to REST UP and get back to strength.
He'll have plenty of rest playing only once a week for a team he captained to a lack of European football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom