• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
anyone would be pissed that you dont get a chance in midfield after busting your guts at fullback...while ceballoss and elneny keep getting chucked in. Arteta really has some weird control freakery problem.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
why on earth we didn't sell him last summer after his good ending of the season and him being called up with the national team which inflates his price, if we didn't plan to use him during the season?

his value dropped even though we still can get a good fee from him. it's so stupid and such a waste of ressources.

Iceman10

Established Member
why on earth we didn't sell him last summer after his good ending of the season and him being called up with the national team which inflates his price, if we didn't plan to use him during the season?

his value dropped even though we still can get a good fee from him. it's so stupid and such a waste of ressources.
Mikel uses the word "ruthless", but it actually looks like he is quite indecisive apart from extreme cases such as Guendouzi. He faffed around and messed up what to do with Saliba last summer. He initially resurrected Özil after the sidelining process by Emery. He couldn't make his mind up with Bellerin and AMN last summer, etc.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Really AMN has painted himself into a corner. I'm not going to knock him for wanting to be a CM though. The issue is he isn't currently good enough for that role at Arsenal or likely to be in the short term. Just because we have other fairly mediocre CM's like Elneny doesn't justify adding more to the mix.

Arteta and AMN should have a sit down soon. If he's happy to revert back to RB I think he's got a future here. If his heart is truly set on being a CM it's in everyone's best interests for him to move on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really AMN has painted himself into a corner. I'm not going to knock him for wanting to be a CM though. The issue is he isn't currently good enough for that role at Arsenal or likely to be in the short term. Just because we have other fairly mediocre CM's like Elneny doesn't justify adding more to the mix.

Arteta and AMN should have a sit down soon. If he's happy to revert back to RB I think he's got a future here. If his heart is truly set on being a CM it's in everyone's best interests for him to move on.
Not picking on you at all here, more a general post but I really don't think AMN is that good at RB. I've never seen it for him there.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Mikel uses the word "ruthless", but it actually looks like he is quite indecisive apart from extreme cases such as Guendouzi. He faffed around and messed up what to do with Saliba last summer. He initially resurrected Özil after the sidelining process by Emery. He couldn't make his mind up with Bellerin and AMN last summer, etc.

For me it highlights the lack of experience of both Arteta and Edu.

They made almost all the wrong choices they had to make. It's actually crazy when you think about it. From waiting the last day to bring in Partey when you knew from the beginning it was pay up the clause or he stays, to the whole handling of the Özil situation, guendouzi, saliba, AMN.

We're constantly shooting ourselves in the foot.
I mean, selling AMN last summer would probably gave us the resources to bring in a decent creative midfielder, maybe this money would have brought us a player like Aouar or something from this caliber, + bringing in Partey earlier to do the pre season with us and start really strong, and this would have made the difference between having European football or not.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How is it naive? He prefers in the middle of the park. It doesn't look like he ever complained about playing as a fullback.
If you ask Alaba or Kimmich they'll tell you they prefer playing in the middle of the park. Nether will complain about playing in other positions though.

He has highlighted multiple times that he has not been getting enough game time and that he has been given no explanation to why.

Do we seriously think Ainsley would have wanted to leave if he was given more games as a starting full back?
Nobody knows but given he could have moved to any club on loan but opted for the one that would play him in midfield I think it's fair to say we know where his heart is. Does that come out in how he plays on the pitch or acts off it is a completely different matter.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From Allardyce’s comments you do get the feeling that he doesn’t really apply himself to the full back position.

A shame as his weaknesses there could be improved over time. Should let the ego go, playing full back for a decent team can be far more attack oriented than midfield.

kash2

From Allardyce’s comments you do get the feeling that he doesn’t really apply himself to the full back position.

A shame as his weaknesses there could be improved over time. Should let the ego go, playing full back for a decent team can be far more attack oriented than midfield.
just lies and slander....

A shame, that this is our fanbase

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Should let the ego go, playing full back for a decent team can be far more attack oriented than midfield.
Why would you compromise the position you want to play for a non CL team & a manager that has no real trust in you?

Maybe he would be more open to a utility role at a CL club. We are top 6 / 8 & dropping down the league right now... Whats really in it for him? :lol:

Established PL clubs like Palace are reported to be interested.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not seeling Nketiah, Bellerin, Nelson and AMN at the right time has cost us millions. Players that Arteta obviously don`t rate but sold to late. Could have got at least 20M for Bellerin last summer, no we are lucky to get 10 if we can sell him at all. Could have sold Nketiah for close to 15M in January ( or at least loaned him to maintain his value), instead Arteta for some bizarre reason insists keeping him. Will likely leave for around 7M. Hard to say what we could have got for Nelson but his value has obviously dropped significantly.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Are we the dumbest club in the world, inmates running the asylum. Sometimes I can't tell the difference with arsenal between reality and satire.

kash2

Give it up! I think you are arguing with a 14 year old with too much internet access and nothing better to do. Hope the parents do their duty and lock away the phone and iPad. Would make everyone happier...
Damn, cheer up man

at least what i said had some connection to the thread topic

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not picking on you at all here, more a general post but I really don't think AMN is that good at RB. I've never seen it for him there.

He's had some good performances there and at left back as well but just not consistently enough. Same as Cedric, Chambers and Bellerin really. I'd keep one of him or Chambers as back up RB / utility player. It looks like that will be Chambers and as you've said before it is probably best that Niles goes and plays in his preferred position. He's good enough in midfield, but not for Arsenal

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not seeling Nketiah, Bellerin, Nelson and AMN at the right time has cost us millions. Players that Arteta obviously don`t rate but sold to late. Could have got at least 20M for Bellerin last summer, no we are lucky to get 10 if we can sell him at all. Could have sold Nketiah for close to 15M in January ( or at least loaned him to maintain his value), instead Arteta for some bizarre reason insists keeping him. Will likely leave for around 7M. Hard to say what we could have got for Nelson but his value has obviously dropped significantly.
Your figures are nonsense, even in a Covid market.

Impact

Established Member

This is exactly it.

This, I'm surprised by. I think he has great potential there. You get the benefit of his midfield training when he inverts or is on the ball, and the benefit of his education as a winger when he overlaps. Defensively he has excellent recovery speed, is strong in duels and is very good one v one. There is a reason why several different managers (Arsenal, National Team and clubs interested) have seen his future there or as a wing-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom