• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggins

I think he's had a good season, but honestly this transfer was an absolute disaster. We've put up with 3/4 years of rubbish for him to finally mature as a player, now we are selling him for half of what we paid for him.

At least most of the players from the Mustafi/Xhaka era are on the way out.
After this season he still is nowhere near what projections were when we bought him. His trend has been downward for 5 years, he never improved, last season was a blip I think and really only a fair season even by his previous standards.

Him not making too many atrocious errors is his ceiling.

We're selling high right now.

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In what way has Xhaka had a ‘good season’? No goals, no assists, no outstanding performances. His game is based on mistakes, cynical fouls and the occasional ball over the top.

He's a defensive midfield player, he isn't judged on goals/assists (despite scoring a great goal against Chelsea).

Hes been our most consistent midfield player, best defensively and best on the ball. The team fell apart when he was moved from midfield.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After this season he still is nowhere near what projections were when we bought him. His trend has been downward for 5 years, never improved, last season was a blip I think. He'd return to normal next season if he stayed and is probably more suited to serie a

I'd disagree to be honest, I think towards the end of 18/19 you could see he was maturing (better positioning, safer on the ball). Under Arteta he has been solid on the whole imo, but I think that is expected for his style. A lot of players like him mature in their later 20s/30s. I expect him to do really well in Italy.

The transfer has been a disaster though. He was dreadful in his first few seasons, and we are losing a load of money on him.

Wiggins

Lots of good perspectives on here. Still best to sell, his value will go down, he offers nothing progressively on the pitch, and is adequate defensively. I think after he behaved like an absolutely tw@t that one match he internally decided to suck it up and was always going to go.

I think if we can replace him with a Neves the difference will be be very noticeable from the get-go. Anyone with any lingering affection toward him as a player will soon see it's addition through subtraction. He'd be a useful squad player I guess. Would be nice to get more for him though of course, but not realistic.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He's a defensive midfield player, he isn't judged on goals/assists (despite scoring a great goal against Chelsea).

Hes been our most consistent midfield player, best defensively and best on the ball. The team fell apart when he was moved from midfield.
The team was falling apart long before he was moved to left back. He’s average defensively, easily by-passed in midfield and picks up yellow card after yellow card because of it.

If this is him having a ‘good season’ then it’s all the more reason to get rid.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The team was falling apart long before he was moved to left back. He’s average defensively, easily by-passed in midfield and picks up yellow card after yellow card because of it.

If this is him having a ‘good season’ then it’s all the more reason to get rid.

Well agree to disagree. But I do agree with essence of your last point. We certainly need better in that position. I expect Partey to step it up a lot next season.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The last midfielder holding our midfield together departs. Next season will be another new landmark in this new era.

Après moi, le déluge

goodbye and goodluck Xhaka. You made a mistake for your career, staying on for one more year to help out Mikel, but it saved this season for Arsenal and atleast we plateaued at 8th and got out of the freefall.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
What competent people are in charge at Arsenal.They bought Granit Xhaka for 35 million five years ago and are selling him during his prime for half that price?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Scapegoat? :lol: come on mate. He ain't a scapegoat. He's just ****e. And you can't blame the manager because he was ****e under Wenger as well.

I pretty much doubt, that three different coaches playing a **** player nearly every game.

But probably Wenger and Emery weren't/aren't good coaches too.

I think it's pretty obvious, that he has some "braindead moments" and not the best dynamic for the PL. Nevertheless we have not to get a replacement for him, the goal has to be to get a very clear upgrade. And honestly i don't see these players coming to Arsenal in the current state of this club.

There is no guarantee, that the new player won't make this mistakes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom