• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

This is what you call a press resistence. See how often teams try to press him and his ability to beat a player with first steps and pace is impressive. Something slow midfielders cant do. I watched their game against City and even though City were down to 10. Brighton won and there were so many incidents City tried to press him and he beat them and open the play for Brighton. second half they actually stopped pressing him. Now lets compare it to the neves video. every video is him shooting long distance and long passes to wide players. Off the ball he is simply bad

433 with Partey-Buendia-Bissouma, oh lord, what could've been :(

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Xhaka is 27 and I'd argue in his prime. He's one of Arteta's most trusted players and knows the tactics and other players very well. There's just no chance Neves comes in and improves on Xhaka short term. If you want to keep the profile of Xhaka but upgrade on him in some way you try to find someone with similar traits but with more mobility, agility and pace. Neves is not it.

I don't disagree we could benefit from a different profile compared to Partey and Bissouma but I'd also argue that they aren't quite as similar as people on here tend to make them out to be.
Doesn't say much since the tactics are ****. Even so Neves would be better in the same tactical setup since he can move the ball faster

Bissouma, yes - get it done. Neves is such a sideways move though. We'd be better off keeping Xhaka and I really don't rate Xhaka.
This signing will resemble Arteta's signing when we got him as a player back then. Average.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

This is what you call a press resistence. See how often teams try to press him and his ability to beat a player with first steps and pace is impressive. Something slow midfielders cant do. I watched their game against City and even though City were down to 10. Brighton won and there were so many incidents City tried to press him and he beat them and open the play for Brighton. second half they actually stopped pressing him. Now lets compare it to the neves video. every video is him shooting long distance and long passes to wide players. Off the ball he is simply bad
lazy posting that is....so Neves is bad at pressing cause ppl arw making videos of his long range efforts in main plan?
c'mon man

roz

Fake News Merchant
If we get Bissouma a lot of you are going to be disappointed. He really isn’t all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom