• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If watching him for 5 years hasn't convinced someone of his ineptitude then I am note what these stats will do.
Speaking in 2019, Mourinho said: "Xhaka is the main man in the entire Arsenal midfield, you can't see it unless I lend you one of my eyes.

"Without him, Arsenal is lost. He is a leader. Remember, mistakes are made by humans."

we should be asking for double what they’re offering :D

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Speaking in 2019, Mourinho said: "Xhaka is the main man in the entire Arsenal midfield, you can't see it unless I lend you one of my eyes.

"Without him, Arsenal is lost. He is a leader. Remember, mistakes are made by humans."

we should be asking for double what they’re offering :D
cant if player wont stay on and we have to sell to buy... and edu is handling things ... i am amazed we got this much .. xhakas agent probably did most of the work

RacingPhoton

Established Member
View attachment 3253

Xhaka's progressive passing equal passing to Tierney to the wing. It inflated stats.

Our midfield was joke. Only Partey could held his head up higher. When Partey is the CM who takes most risk in the team while trying to create, you have a problem.

I pity our attacking players.
Thank you for that. Have been looking for a stat like that for a long time when the acolytes were posting his progressive pass count as evidence that Xhaka progressed the play when it was clear that all he did was pass it to Tierney on the left.

Malky

Established Member
Not sure why people are celebrating, we’re getting £15M for him - That’s absolutely dreadful! If this was Liverpool, Chelsea etc they’d get at least double that.
Hope the owners are pumping money into the transfer budget because we won’t be raising much through sales.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not sure why people are celebrating, we’re getting £15M for him - That’s absolutely dreadful! If this was Liverpool, Chelsea etc they’d get at least double that.
Hope the owners are pumping money into the transfer budget because we won’t be raising much through sales.
Honestly, what do you think we were going to get for Xhaka? 15m plus add ons I think is pretty decent. Would you really expect to get 30m for him? In this market? Think you have been watching a different Xhaka than I have...

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Lets say you're running a club. How much would you pay for him? Remember, he's coming from Arsenal, not Liverpool or Chelsea.

Malky

Established Member
£20M at least. 28 years old with another good few years yet. Think people are being incredibly harsh on him, he’s coming off the back of a good season for him personally, comfortably our best CM last season. He’s also the Swiss captain and every manager he’s played under rates him very highly. £15M is a good deal for Roma, it’s a poor deal for us.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
£20M at least. 28 years old with another good few years yet. Think people are being incredibly harsh on him, he’s coming off the back of a good season for him personally, comfortably our best CM last season. He’s also the Swiss captain and every manager he’s played under rates him very highly. £15M is a good deal for Roma, it’s a poor deal for us.
"Good season for him" - Maybe. But still it was poor. If we think a player who single handedly lost us points in two games against Burnley had a good season, that explains why we are a midtable club now.
"Our best CM" - The only decent CM we had was Partey and he was injured most of the season.
"Every manager rates him" - The choice was forced on them

On the price itself, you can drive up the price of a player only if there is competition or the player doesn't want to leave. There was only one club that wanted him and he made it publicly clear that he wanted to go there. There is nothing we could do other than forcing him to stay. Pretty sure that will not end well.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Dance Party Reaction GIF

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
5 mil difference. You would rather not get his high wages off the books for 5 mil?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Do you think he’s worth 18 millions and then neves 40 million??
I don't think Nevez is 40 mil and that price may very well end up lower after negotiations. I dont think Xhaka is worth more than the 18 he's going for. Even in Wolves poor season Neves in, terms of goal contributions, has been better and he was better last season as well.

ChefMan21

Think he's a £40-50m player in a non-COVID affected market, bit since so many clubs are broke, highly likely there are going to be many more 'small capital outlay + add-ons' deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom