• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
White has some pretty insane stats for a CB this season and I'd see why we want him. 24 successful dribbles, in comparison Dias made 6 and Holding also 6 I believe. And also interceptions. White made double the amount Dias did this season and almost triple that of Holding.

So he isnt just a ball playing CB, he obviously reads the game very well and is progressive, likes bringing the ball out like Holding but is just better and more well rounded.
Yes stats this, stats that. Stop trying to make out like he is outstanding he isn't. 24 dribbles when he plays 10 games at rb and cm combined. He completes just over 1 dribble per game whe you go per 90. His success rate is in the 50th percentile. Not insane by any means. Saliba is in the 80s.

And if you want insane. Look up Salibas passing stats. Holding and White the ball playing cb doesn't even come close.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes stats this, stats that. Stop trying to make out like he is outstanding he isn't. 24 dribbles when he plays 10 games at rb and cm combined. He completes just over 1 dribble per game whe you go per 90. His success rate is in the 50th percentile. Not insane by any means. Saliba is in the 80s.

And if you want insane. Look up Salibas passing stats. Holding and White the ball playing cb doesn't even come close.

Ligue 1... where you get a million years on the ball. Brilliant comparison. Next please.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

the stats thing is so annoying. There were people using stats to tell us what xhaka is couple of days ago. Ben White is not quick, strong or great in the air. Ben White also by most Brighton fan was their 3rd best CB last season. We seen so many young English player come through and get hyped to the max if they have few good games. 2 years ago it was Dier who was what Man United needed. I get spending big on super talented CB, not that it’s a priority. But not him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This is the thing though. He isn't FAR better than Holding. The margin isn't that great to be worth a 50 million pound investment. His passing isn't that much better, his 1v1 duels are but he still gets sat down by Rashford and it's not even hard to be better than Holding at that.

You are acting like we are going after Kounde. That isn't the case.

How can you usually have decent footballing views and then say Whites passing isn’t much better than Holdings 🤣

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saying we don’t need him is another case of us massively over estimating our own players.

Luiz was basically first choice when fit, every single CB in our squad has question marks.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How can you usually have decent footballing views and then say Whites passing isn’t much better than Holdings 🤣
I said it's better. I just don't think its 50 million pounds better. I don't think his passing is even better than Salibas.

A key facet of David Luiz was the ability to switch play. Saliba does that, as well as plays between the lines, beats players and barely gets dribbled. Whites passing isn't as layered.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Just seems mental to spend that amount to effectively drop a player (Holding) out the first 11 whom without we couldn't keep a single clean sheet in the league without him yet had one the best defensive record in the league with him. Not forgetting about Saliba and Mavro being further down the pecking order.

Spend the money on cms - it's Declan Rice level of money.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I said it's better. I just don't think its 50 million pounds better. I don't think his passing is even better than Salibas.

A key facet of David Luiz was the ability to switch play. Saliba does that, as well as plays between the lines, beats players and barely gets dribbled. Whites passing isn't as layered.

Not just that though, white can glide through midfield and pick passes out that CM’s can, his passing is very good with both feet as well. 50m is a stretch, yes, but he’s tried and tested in the PL, English and young. You already pay that before his ability. White had so so much potential and as I have said this is a great signing for building a squad.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

The comparisons to Holding are miles off, the only thing they have in common is they’re English.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

the stats thing is so annoying. There were people using stats to tell us what xhaka is couple of days ago. Ben White is not quick, strong or great in the air. Ben White also by most Brighton fan was their 3rd best CB last season. We seen so many young English player come through and get hyped to the max if they have few good games. 2 years ago it was Dier who was what Man United needed. I get spending big on super talented CB, not that it’s a priority. But not him.

Ben White is very quick 😂

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It seems passing is the most important attribute of a CB. Why not just play two midfielders as CBS’s and pass all the way until the final whistle

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Chambers & Holding have never done anything similar to this in terms of passing range and going through midfield. Saliba can do this to an extent. Doing this in a back four under Bielsa, its quality.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Chambers & Holding have never done anything similar to this in terms of passing range and going through midfield. Saliba can do this to an extent. Doing this in a back four under Bielsa, its quality.

Chambers made his debut for England at 19 and we spent big fee on him. To rewrite history and act he wasn’t hugely rated is laughable. Ben White has had 1 season in the PL for Brighton at the age of 23 and wasn’t even their best CB and he is 50 million player. You can see why we are in the mess we are with overpaying for ok players and can’t move them on. I seem to remember many fans siding with the club when we needed a CB and decided to buy saliba and wait for a year because apparently it’s better to go after elite talents instead. Our fans will fall for anything

scytheavatar

Established Member
Holding and Mari was a really solid partnership and was responsible for a string of clean sheets last season. Fans are always clamoring for new signings yet sometimes we already have solutions at the club. A new CB should be the last priority with Holding, Gabriel, Mari, Chambers and Saliba all at the club. If we sign this guy after loosing out on Buendia I wont be happy.

Considering how negative Artetaball is we absolutely need to be getting better defensive numbers than currently if we want to be finishing in the top 4. We should be aiming to get <30 goals conceded cause our attack and number of goals scored will never be fantastic under Arteta's tactics.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Chambers made his debut for England at 19 and we spent big fee on him. To rewrite history and act he wasn’t hugely rated is laughable. Ben White has had 1 season in the PL for Brighton at the age of 23 and wasn’t even their best CB and he is 50 million player. You can see why we are in the mess we are with overpaying for ok players and can’t move them on. I seem to remember many fans siding with the club when we needed a CB and decided to buy saliba and wait for a year because apparently it’s better to go after elite talents instead. Our fans will fall for anything

I disagree with absolutely everything you’ve wrote and I’m not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom