• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Wonder if Isaak will tell his Dortmund buddies that he wanted to say yes, but said no.
swedish media a while ago said he would never go back to dortmund. So dortmund has no say in this
We have martinelli and balogun. Fantastic player but how could you believe this crap?
Please dont compare Bolugon to isak....not close to same level

LG10

swedish media a while ago said he would never go back to dortmund. So dortmund has no say in this

Please dont compare Bolugon to isak....not close to same level
Balogun is a world beater, arsenal fans love fawning over foreign talent that aren’t as good as our own.

Malky

Established Member
Doesnt make sense unless we're having a clear out of CF's. Eddie and Laca both gone, possibly Auba?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Doubt this one moves quickly because it will only happen with a buyer for Laca. Although I wouldn't mind keeping him - we'd likely get a big year out of him playing for a new contract - it's not great squad planning unless he renews for a year.

If they think Laca is off then it makes sense to line up a top tier talent like Isak to come in, especially with question marks over Auba declining. I wouldn't worry about Balogun for now, he needs to go off and prove it with a loan in a lower league and get some decent minutes. He's literally done nothing at this stage even though he looks promising.

I think Martinelli will get minutes on the wing, there's still a spot at striker ultimately with an aging Aubameyang if Martinelli can establish himself.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Doesnt make sense unless we're having a clear out of CF's. Eddie and Laca both gone, possibly Auba?
I actually wouldn't be surprised like many others on here would be if Auba was sold.

Barry

Makes you wonder why we are not in the picture for Eduoard at £15m though... which sounds like a mega-bargain if true. It's a depressing thought, but maybe Leicester have more pull at this point in time.

Barry

I actually wouldn't be surprised like many others on here would be if Auba was sold.

It would be a ballsy move for sure, but I think people understand that we need to rebuild for the future. It's more likely that he is released than sold though with his age and reported £250k pw salary, doubt we would get a fee. Unless Auba is driving a move it seems unlikely that Arteta could backtrack so quickly after promising to build the team around him last season.

Auba's been a brilliant goal-scorer for Arsenal but after last season Laca is the one I'd rather hang on to if one is sold

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We have martinelli and balogun. Fantastic player but how could you believe this crap?
I've said I don't think Isak will come here and move the needle for us - at least short term. Think he'll blow up eventually though, like @HairSprayGooners said.

But there's levels to this. He's far better than Martinelli and Balogun.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

There was talk some days ago that Sociedad was negotiating with Dortmund about buying out the buy-back clause. No idea how reliable though.

When it comes to Dortmund and Isak, he's indeed said he don't want to go back and at another time (might've been in relation to his Sociedad move) that he just wanted to put the Dortmund years behind him and move on. His tenure there was a bit of a **** show tbh. He was more or less signed without Tuchel's (then coach) knowledge and even though Tuchel was initially praising the transfer he went on to never play (think he has 5 BL minutes or something) him or include him in match squads. He ended up playing for Dortmund's secondary team in the German fourth tier. Think they promised him a lot but didn't deliver - he did the opposite of Ödegaard and turned down Real just to go to Dortmund and assured playing time.

Can all but guarantee he won't play for Dortmund again.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hes everything we want in a striker for our system
Perhaps long term, but we have too many issues in midfield and right back to resolve. I doubt we can afford to address the striker position. Even then, I don't think he is quite good enough right now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Perhaps long term, but we have too many issues in midfield and right back to resolve. I doubt we can afford to address the striker position. Even then, I don't think he is quite good enough right now.

My opinion is of course based on the thinking that we will be getting those main players in first.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Don't think he is good enough to lead the line for us. He is talented, but not the player we need.
Why not? He scored 17 non penalty league goals last season for a top 6 La liga side at 21. Just a goal short of Suarez and he's done it while having excellent general play dropping deep and linking play.
I've watched him regularly for La Real, we won't be able to sign a better u23 striker not named Haaland than this guy imo.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why not? He scored 17 non penalty league goals last season for a top 6 La liga side at 21. Just a goal short of Suarez and he's done it while having excellent general play dropping deep and linking play.
I've watched him regularly for La Real, we won't be able to sign a better u23 striker not named Haaland than this guy imo.
That's what I was thinking too. Haaland is a freak of nature, we have absolutely no chance of signing him.

If you get this guy for at least half the money, I would say it's pretty nice deal. I haven't watched him much though, so good to hear more confirmation.

He has scored a lot, but if one counts his total points per minute, he is at a point per 124 minutes in a top 2 league. Laca & Auba have been about a point per 120 minutes throughout their time here, except Auba's first 6 months, or a year or so I think, where he was unstoppable.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom