• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It was hard to always see who it was from the pub we were at, but it looked like he made some incisive balls into the penalty area?
Yes, also seemed to cover a lot of ground, strong in the tackle and he played the ball forward whenever he could. Impressed me.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta

I've basically known this before just by common sense, but having it written out, it's absolutely brutal.
yeah after we couldnt keep cesc, nasri and rvp ... the writing was on the wall. forget competing for signings we couldnt even hold our players. So we had to buy players who we could retain ... and still we couldnt keep Sanchez .

Kroenke has been a cancer on this club

Mudi

The problem is not the money received but sold to which club. Back in the days, Barca, City,... were interested in our players. Even the less players were on the radar of a very good teams (Iwobi and Walcott to Everton)

Now we are a mid table team so an even teams like Everton, West Ham, Leicester,... are not interested.

And with 2 years left on the contract you either have to sell or you are forced to accept any offer next year.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I've basically known this before just by common sense, but having it written out, it's absolutely brutal.

You're right, seeing it written highlights how badly this club has been run for sometime now. It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't made a profit because they'd been brilliant players who stayed with us for their career. Too many low quality players put onto high salaries, you have to give them away.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
When everyone and Emery were gushing over Guendo in 2018/2019, Torreira and Xhaka were by far our best midfield that season that nearly got us Champions League to be fair to them...and I say that as a Granit critic.

Sp**s home, Chelsea home, Liverpool home, Napoli home, Valencia away...all quality performances from Lucas, he was definitely better than Mustafi.
He's always been poor, people just hyped up his first few months because he was new. Once January rolled around everyone saw him for what he was.

Look at all our dud players, they always get rated highly in their first season or first few months then when the new signing bias goes we realise how crap they truly were.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's always been poor, people just hyped up his first few months because he was new. Once January rolled aorund everyone saw him for what he was.

Look at all our dud players, they always get rated highly in their first season or first few months then when the new signing bias goes we realise how crap they truly were.

People were gassing him because of the winner in the NLD and his passionate celebration. It really skewed things. It's not as if he was putting in amazing performances before that. Liverpool at home was decent but apart from that I don't think there was too many real standout performances. A couple of weeks after the NLD was Liverpool away and we all know what happened there and that was pretty much the end of him. He was absolutely useless after that, still remember Pogba ragdolling him like a *****.

Also people seem to correlate any decent defensive performance we had around the time as Torreira being responsible for it, but in most of those games we played with a back 5 and were super defensive anyways. Vs Chelsea at home we basically played 4 CM's in a diamond. Also we managed just fine against United around the same time winning 2-0 with Xhaka-Ramsey as our pairing, two players who apparently offer our defence no protection if A-M is anything to go by.

I think we were the only ones who first pointed out that Torreira is ass and as usual A-M was and maybe even still is bitter about us being AOTC as per.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
People were gassing him because of the winner in the NLD and his passionate celebration. It really skewed things. It's not as if he was putting in amazing performances before that. Liverpool at home was decent but apart from that I don't think there was too many real standout performances. A couple of weeks after the NLD was Liverpool away and we all know what happened there and that was pretty much the end of him. He was absolutely useless after that, still remember Pogba ragdolling him like a *****.

Also people seem to correlate any decent defensive performance we had around the time as Torreira being responsible for it, but in most of those games we played with a back 5 and were super defensive anyways. Vs Chelsea at home we basically played 4 CM's in a diamond. Also we managed just fine against United around the same time winning 2-0 with Xhaka-Ramsey as our pairing, two players who apparently offer our defence no protection if A-M is anything to go by.

I think we were the only ones who first pointed out that Torreira is ass and as usual A-M was and maybe even still is bitter about us being AOTC as per.
Every game he'd get bullied, spend most of the time falling on the floor and just not being able to keep up with his little legs. Then you go and read how good he is or something like that lmao, thinking just cos they're both short he'd be like Kante ffs.

AM isn't even bad the soyboys on reddit are the worse, imagine if this whole forum was just Riou's? That's basically what reddit is, I can't even read the gunners subreddit cos they downvote anyone who doesn't follow the crowd.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The problem is not the money received but sold to which club. Back in the days, Barca, City,... were interested in our players. Even the less players were on the radar of a very good teams (Iwobi and Walcott to Everton)

Now we are a mid table team so an even teams like Everton, West Ham, Leicester,... are not interested.

And with 2 years left on the contract you either have to sell or you are forced to accept any offer next year.
Absolutely this. You only have to look at the Euros to see we haven't got a single player worth watching apart from Saka. This is a massive drop off from seeing so many Gunners in WC and other continental finals. We used to have a team full of internationals. Now we have little to excite us.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to Torreira, I had high hopes when I saw his Sampdoria performances and watched him closely six months before we signed him. His good form simply didn't translate to the PL and he looks like another player brought in against the manager's wishes. We overpaid to take him off the market too. The disappointment is a bit crushing with all the other flops :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom