• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Arseblog suggesting Holding could be the one to leave. Still feel Saliba is more likely. But then let's say for example in pre-seson you have Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Holding, White and Mavro all come in, and the coach has to pick 4 of those for his squad, which 4 are stylistically the best for his style of play? You'd probably sell Holding and Mavro, no? But then Arteta does like good reliable characters, and Holding is that at least.

Maybe the plan is to snake Holding, big him up, new contract etc and then BOOM pack your bags son you're off to Newcastle.

I honestly think Chambers is the one who'll be sold.

Holding value will likely remain the same 12 months from now. How much would actually get for him? 12-15m? The wage bump he likely got could mean the clubs that can afford him are fewer.

Callum is on the 24 months left in the contract bracket, as well.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think so. Not every manager has the time or willingness to develop a CB, Saliba is still a baby if you consider most don’t perform consistent in that position until 24ish.

Look at Pep, I can’t remember him ever developing defenders.

Pep never developed anyone tbf, he's not interested in individuals or their careers, just his system and his team.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeh it’s wishful thinking. He clearly has an agenda against Saliba.

Yes I think that's what bothers me the most about this transfer (that Saliba would leave or be loaned which likely means he eventually leaves and it's less about White's ability). Because all indication says that he doesn't "fancy" Saliba as much as Holding or even Chambers.

If we actually plan on signing Ben White but selling either Holding or Chambers then I'll take what I've said bet and I'd owe Arteta an apology (not that he gives a single f*ck what some dude on a football forum thinks).

@El Duderino hmmm I do see that, but at the same time is Chambers that much worse of a CB than Holding? Yet Chambers can cover RB which probably makes him more valuable in the management's eyes (I'm speculating though), especially as we are very light in that position if Bellerin is sold and it's looking like AMN will follow.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Holding could leave? I'm weak at the knees, this could be a truly GREAT summer.

200w.gif

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
So Mustafi is out the door with a few months and we're trying to sign his replacement, still waiting on that Cazorla replacement....

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Arseblog suggesting Holding could be the one to leave. Still feel Saliba is more likely. But then let's say for example in pre-seson you have Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Holding, White and Mavro all come in, and the coach has to pick 4 of those for his squad, which 4 are stylistically the best for his style of play? You'd probably sell Holding and Mavro, no? But then Arteta does like good reliable characters, and Holding is that at least.

Maybe the plan is to snake Holding, big him up, new contract etc and then BOOM pack your bags son you're off to Newcastle.
Ruthlesness.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He was at Utd though, a top talent etc. Even if I agree with you, I can’t think of many after Pique.
Think comparing Arteta and Pep on this issue is misleading. Arteta has played under managers like Moyes so I would hope he has a better idea in this department.

Even Holding’s performance this past season would show that. Still think he’s not good enough on the ball though. Plus, I think Arteta wants a bit more athleticism in this area.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why hasn’t Holding or Chambers been called up to the Euros then? I already know you get a massive stiffy with Holding. In fact non have ever even been considered.
Southgate is incompetent honestly and Arteta has made Arsenal bad. Their injuries held them back too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This can't be true, it would be an unbelievable waste of our finances.

If we sign Ben White for that kind of money, I am Arteta out, tbh.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t think so. Not every manager has the time or willingness to develop a CB, Saliba is still a baby if you consider most don’t perform consistent in that position until 24ish.

You're right but, Arteta needs to learn we do not have the financial strength to be City, we're Arsenal. And there are examples of big clubs taking their time to develop young CBs. It doesn't happen often but it happens

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Don't believe this for a second. Football journalist must be an easy job. Write down some players, some teams and a transfer fee. Throw some darts, see where they land and write your 'rumour'. Pour out a cup of coffee and continue on your FM save.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Fofana. Rodgers.

We didn’t bring in Arteta to bin people like Saliba. That’s all I’m saying

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's a matter of priorities. Let's get real here, we don't have City's money, nor are we buying players of that calibre, and most importantly, our coach is nowhere near as capable as Pep.

We have more pressing needs when it comes to players, a proper midfield for one, a proper RB for two, a backup LB for three...
No doubt we have a lot of issues. But look at Liverpool or City or United or Chelsea they've all spent big money on their defence. VVD, Allison, Dias is City's record signing (before looking at full backs), Maguire and Awb, Chilwell and Mendy and they've gave Silva a massive wage and they've all been the better for it.

Understandably then it might be a pressing issue because if you cant get the ball from defence the way you like the attack suffers. And if you can't set the defence up to defend the way you want you have to compensate elsewhere.
Just see Liverpool this season who suffered immensely in the pressing and attacking play. It may not be sexy or glamorous but if you lack the foundations the rest suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom