• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Does Gabriel worry anyone else? He makes me nervous anytime he has to do something. Don't get me wrong, there have been flashes of a dominant centre back, but i always feel like he'll cost us a goal. I'm not sure that'll ever change for him either, its in his personality, everything he does is done at 100mph, lacks calmness and composure.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Does Gabriel worry anyone else? He makes me nervous anytime he has to do something. Don't get me wrong, there have been flashes of a dominant centre back, but i always feel like he'll cost us a goal. I'm not sure that'll ever change for him either, its in his personality, everything he does is done at 100mph, lacks calmness and composure.

I see the mistakes he has in him as well, but I think its something a bit more playing time can fix and a consistent central partner can fix.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Saliba and White could play together. The idea you need a Left and right footed pair is nonsense. Dias and Stones are both right footed. VVD and Gomez are both right footed.

Go into next season with White Saliba Gabriel Mari/Holding

Whilst I completely agree, Arteta does seem to strongly favour leftie LCB and right footed RCBs. In a pinch he'll play two right footed defenders if there are injuries, suspensions etc, but I don't think he's ever tried two lefties.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Whilst I completely agree, Arteta does seem to strongly favour leftie LCB and right footed RCBs. In a pinch he'll play two right footed defenders if there are injuries, suspensions etc, but I don't think he's ever tried two lefties.
Not sure thats entirely true. He did play Luiz with Holding a fair few times. Not going to pretend like i've watched a lot of Saliba, but i like the idea of a White Saliba pairing. Big guy/Small guy pairing, both calm and controlled on the ball. Only problem is its a little young and inexperienced, but then that would be the case if Gabriel stepped in too.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is the issue, the club structure keeps changing. Raul signed Saliba but now Arteta isn’t using him or Guendouzi.

So, he wasn’t told by the club he has to develop these expensive kids either.

Rodgers btw, is following the club structure.
We signed Arteta as a coach and within months the club’s structure changed and the club decided to go from the coach role to old fashion manager. It’s kinda funny we told the experienced guy Emery he can’t have a say in who who comes and go, but gave the rookie full control. Proves once again how important the gift of the gab is

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's a "Hollywood" defender. Lots of eye-catching stuff but he has the habit of putting himself or teammate in trouble. I rate him though, and i think with some coaching and experience, he will improve though.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Mavro and Balding out for around 25m and Benjamin White in for around 45m and Sakiba back. BIG upgrade in the area. Mustafi and Luiz gone, so there will be wages to throw around at a right back or cm.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
His last name worries me, traces of colonialism. Not sure thats the course to go in 2021. Arsenal must be more woke than this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
White, Saliba, Gabriel. Lovely stuff. Saliba can play LCB too which is handy.

Oh and if he plays bad for us there's an easy swing on his second name. Beings with S.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He's a "Hollywood" defender. Lots of eye-catching stuff but he has the habit of putting himself or teammate in trouble. I rate him though, and i think with some coaching and experience, he will improve though.
Hope so, i'm not convinced though, like i said, i think its in his personality/make up and that is a difficult thing to change. I think he'll always have rash moments in a game.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Its priorities, its like youre drowning but decide to spend time zipping up your jacket so you wont be cold when you get out of the water. If we get the players we need elsewhere it makes sense, but it looks like it would be a lot easier to improve upon our midfield which desperately needs numbers as well.

Well, I don't trust Arteta or Edu very much, but they know their jobs are on the line, they're not going to let themselves drown. I know they have a plan, and that we dn't know what the plan is, so if they buy a CB I assume it means they're also able to buy one or two midfielders. There was a strong link to Neves just last week. Don't think it's time to panic.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

And I fully disagree with this thinking. The reason we moved from Wengers days is you can’t have a manager buying and selling whoever he wants. Mourinho caused all kinds of arguments to have Dier at United and the club refused him. Lampard tried to force Rudiger out and Chelsea refused him. Well run clubs don’t go with anything a manager says, specially a one that has performed the worst in 25 years. If the manager decides who stays and who goes, then why have a football director
How do you know Arteta is selecting the players? and not saying this is who I want and leaving it to the DOF to narrow down and sign the players. Available evidence suggests this is the case with Arteta wanting Aouar over Partey last season.

Thats how the operation is meant to work. A collaborative effort of identifying players and priorities then leaving it to the DOF to bring in the players.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Not sure thats entirely true. He did play Luiz with Holding a fair few times. Not going to pretend like i've watched a lot of Saliba, but i like the idea of a White Saliba pairing. Big guy/Small guy pairing, both calm and controlled on the ball. Only problem is its a little young and inexperienced, but then that would be the case if Gabriel stepped in too.

Hmm but David Luiz is quite decent with his left foot too isn't he? Unless I'm misremembering. But this season especially since Gabriel came in I remember the left foot right foot combo happening prominently this season.

Again it's not that I don't think Gabriel and White can play together I do agree with you, but with Mari and Gabriel as left footers and how Arteta likes us to build from the back I do think a left footed LCB is important to him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Well, I don't trust Arteta or Edu very much, but they know their jobs are on the line, they're not going to let themselves drown. I know they have a plan, and that we dn't know what the plan is, so if they buy a CB I assume it means they're also able to buy one or two midfielders. There was a strong link to Neves just last week. Don't think it's time to panic.
Yeah, like I think ben White might actually be a good signing, and yeah of course we're going to bring in a midfielder BUT we need to probably bring in 2-3 midfielders of quality, if we lose ESR weve no attacking midfielder, if we lose Partey we have to play Elneny. So I think everyone would jsut like to see a bit more movement in other positions.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Yeah, like I think ben White might actually be a good signing, and yeah of course we're going to bring in a midfielder BUT we need to probably bring in 2-3 midfielders of quality, if we lose ESR weve no attacking midfielder, if we lose Partey we have to play Elneny. So I think everyone would jsut like to see a bit more movement in other positions.
Im sure there is, but with the Euros, its a waiting game. The club might also be waiting on the availability of certain players like Ødegaard.

GunnerShy

I agree with everything apart from the end, Holding should be first choice CB.

However you'd think Saliba was prime Cannavaro the way people go on about him. People need to realise he might have just been another Raul scam, this is the same guy who paid 72m for Pepe so there's definitely something dodgy going on.
I think the angst is that 2 years in we don't know if he's prime Nesta or the second coming of Senderos. And by looks of things we're looking at putting a £40m+ obstacle in his way.

Yes Arteta has seen him train, but the guy also picked Willian over Pepe until late Jan/Feb.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We will probably try to get 20m for Saliba and maybe a 10m loan obligation for Mavropanos.

So maybe we can get back 30m out of the 40m for White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom