• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Very Arsenal thing to do. Giving away Gnabry and scrambling for wingers later, giving away Martinez and scrambling for GKs now.
Yes. Except we didn't give Gnabry away.

I'll reserve the judgement on Martinez for £20m until we've seen ~£7m Onana play for us if we sign him.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Buffon on loan for one year? Till Onana becomes eligible. Is still quality and will be great to have someone with his experience in the dressing room.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yes. Except we didn't give Gnabry away.

I'll reserve the judgement on Martinez for £20m until we've seen ~£7m Onana play for us if we sign him.
Both the transfers happened because we were not strong enough to give chances to them ahead of players who were worse.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tapped? Why did he have to leave for Werder Bremen in the first place? Why did we loan him to a ****ing Pulis team before that?
Bayern and Bremen had a deal made for Gnabry. Before that he wasn’t ready for us and was sent out on loan.

I remember debating with most of this forum, most felt he should be sold.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Bayern and Bremen had a deal made for Gnabry. Before that he wasn’t ready for us and was sent out on loan.

I remember debating with most of this forum, most felt he should be sold.
In my opinion, we made a big mistake by sending him to a Pulis team for loan. "Gave him away" was the wrong phrase that I used because Wenger wanted him here. But he left because he was not getting enough chances here and the loan only made things worse.

In my opinion, we made a big mistake by sending him to a Pulis team for loan. "Gave him away" was the wrong phrase that I used because Wenger wanted him here. But he left because he was not getting enough chances here and the loan only made things worse.

What the hell are you on about?

He left because he was tapped up by a bigger club, Bayern.

But even after leaving he had to spend 2 years on loan and a lot of bench-warming while developing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He went out after a serious injury that kept him out for 10 months, maybe West Brom and Pulis was the only club in for him, he was very very raw.

Doesn’t matter either way, he was tapped up by Bayern and refused a new deal here. Bayern and Bremen set up that deal.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
What the hell are you on about?

He left because he was tapped up by a bigger club, Bayern.

But even after leaving he had to spend 2 years on loan and a lot of bench-warming while developing.
Not a lot of bench warming. He played over 20 matches in Werder Bremen and Hoffenheim and scored over 10 goals in both. Either way, the initial transfer was to Werder Bremen. Bayern seemed to have played a role in it. They probably had an option to buy him from Werder Bremen. And going back to my initial question. Why did we send him to a Pulis team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom