• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I haven't said your opinion is wrong, I just think it's miles off because you seem so adamant there's only 1 reason he's joined. Also of course money is a factor there's no denying that, but for some reason, you think that is literally the only reason.
Not the only factor. The decisive one. 120k and Arsenal or similar at Atletico he stays there.

The only reason you overpay so much on salary is because you can't convince a player with the other things you offer.

Why do you think we offered Partey 200k a week at the negotiating table? Hello Thomas you're on 70k a week. Atletico may up that to 100k. We will offer you 130k a week. 30% improvement and you can play for the team you love that has a big following?

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not the only factor. The decisive one. 120k and Arsenal or similar at Atletico he stays there.

The only reason you overpay so much on salary is because you can't convince a player with the other things you offer.

His salary can be seriously influenced by his agent though, that happens all the time.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Is that the same agent who Partey employs and pays to secure the best deals for him?

Yeah? The job of the agent is to secure the most money for the player from clubs their interested in.

Partey wants to join Arsenal, Arsenal want Partey, it's fairly straightforward for the agent to secure a big wage.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah? The job of the agent is to secure the most money for the player from clubs their interested in.

Partey wants to join Arsenal, Arsenal want Partey, it's fairly straightforward for the agent to secure a big wage.
Partey wanted to join Arsenal providing Arsenal paid him 200k a week. Partey did not want to join Arsenal for 100k. Nor 130k. Nor 150k.

Do you think Edu didn't go through numerous figures before having to reluctantly agree 200k.

If you showed someone who knew nothing about football the below offers they would be able to identify the main reason.

Atletico top 3 team in league.
CL biggest matches every year
Madrid nice climate (apart from in summer too hot)
Team structured to get the best out of you.
Top manager
Stability
Some of the best fans/atmospheres in Europe.
70-100k a week

Vrs

Arsenal mid table team.
Europa league with no signs of CL soon
London decent lifestyle if youre young. Weather crap unless it's summer.
Team in huge transition with 0 stability.
Fans disillusioned with life at the club.
Manager learning his trade.
Wins the odd cup but is miles of league challenge. Maybe 30-40 points of it.
200k a week.

For me there's only one reason you give up 1 for the other. Especially at 27. But sure. What do I know I don't have him on watsapp to ask him.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Partey wanted to join Arsenal providing Arsenal paid him 200k a week. Partey did not want to join Arsenal for 100k. Nor 130k. Nor 150k.

Do you think Edu didn't go through numerous figures before having to reluctantly agree 200k.

If you showed someone who knew nothing about football the below offers they would be able to identify the main reason.

Atletico top 3 team in league.
CL biggest matches every year
Madrid nice climate (apart from in summer too hot)
Team structured to get the best out of you.
Top manager
Stability
Some of the best fans/atmospheres in Europe.
70-100k a week

Vrs

Arsenal mid table team.
Europa league with no signs of CL soon
London decent lifestyle if youre young. Weather crap unless it's summer.
Team in huge transition with 0 stability.
Fans disillusioned with life at the club.
Manager learning his trade.
Wins the odd cup but is miles of league challenge. Maybe 30-40 points of it.
200k a week.

For me there's only one reason you give up 1 for the other. Especially at 27. But sure. What do I know I don't have him on watsapp to ask him.

And there we have it. No one really knows.

Also, all you've done is pick out the positives of staying at Atletico and the negatives of Arsenal. Of course Edu had to offer different sums of salary, that's negotiations and that's why agents are important, it's literally their job to get as much as possible. The agent knew how much Arsenal wanted him, but that doesn't mean Partey wouldn't have joined for less, his agent did his job.

Alexs

Regardless of Partey's motives, the over the odds salary attraction we've dangled infront of various players recently is an errant and stupid transfer policy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Regardless of Partey's motives, the over the odds salary attraction we've dangled infront of various players recently is an errant and stupid transfer policy.
Would you leave Atletico for Arsenal on same wages? And when was the last time a big club signed a player without increasing his wages and told him you can come here for footballing reasons?

Alexs

Sure. It depends on degree - 70K - 200K is not a good policy given our position and finances. Of course, neither is giving Özil millions to sit on Twitter, letting Ramsey run down his contract, giving Willian a 3 year contract, signing anyone from Chelsea unless they're Mason Mount, signing or swapping anyone with Man Utd.

It used to be shocking how badly run we are, now it just seems normal. We need the Tierney signings - young players who get a decent pay rise and might actually indeed come here for footballing reasons.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Would you leave Atletico for Arsenal on same wages? And when was the last time a big club signed a player without increasing his wages and told him you can come here for footballing reasons?
The point isn't increasing his wages. The point is increasing them 300% or by 130k a week.

That to me screams money has been the overriding factor because if it wasn't then Edu offers 150k (double is more than enough if you have other interests) a week and saves the club about 2.5m a year on wages!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The point isn't increasing his wages. The point is increasing them 300% or by 130k a week.

That to me screams money has been the overriding factor because if it wasn't then Edu offers 150k (double is more than enough if you have other interests) a week and saves the club about 2.5m a year on wages!
Part of not having clear transfer plans and doing your business early is you gonna have to overpay. Arsenal wasted all summer and on final day of the window decided to meet Parteys release clause. Now if I am Parteys agent and I see a club who is extremely desperate and their fans are going crazy and in the last day of the window they either sign my client or no one I would demand as much money for my client as I could. If Arsenal met his clause in June I doubt he could ask for the same wages and had to make a decision in June between staying or maybe take 30% pay increase to Arsenal. But if you were Arsenal and on last day Parteys agent asked for 130% increase on his Atletico deal would you walk out of the deal and sign no one?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can't remember why we signed Partey on deadline day when we were interested all summer, but personal terms we're likely agreed months before that.
verbally agreed while not making a move and going for Auouar who was the one we wanted. once that fell we came back to him last day and said remember our talk, yeah last do it and his agent was like well things have changed. This is what we want now. If french boys family wasnt so greedy we wouldnt even answer Parteys agents call.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This seems an odd choice. I think Klopp earned £3.56m in his last year at Dortmund and £5m in his first at Liverpool.

Noooooo, it cant be.... Liverpool were languishing midtable.
No one else must have wanted Klopp I guess, that's how they got him.

#14HenryNonLogic

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why did he join then?

You're telling me my opinion is wrong because I don't know him personally. Why is your opinion any better than mine? Unless you are his brother or friend.

What I do know is he was on 70k a week at Atletico and we had to pay him 200k a week. That isn't logical. You offer more but 3 times more no. 120k should have been enough if his motivation wasn't money.

Rodrigo who came from Atletico for a bigger fee is on 6.3m a year which works out around 120-130k a week. Why did City not have to pay him 200k a week to sign?

I don't know why you continue to harp on about Partey, its pretty embarrassing, but let me lay some actual facts out for you.

It was very well documented that Atletico Madrid offered to double Partey's salary, hence why we had to offer over 140k a week. Not only that but we were in the Europa league, he was in the CL. I'm pretty certain he's been an Arsenal supporter his entire life as well.

So in this instance 200k a week, last contract etc etc, is very fair and what was needed to get it done. I do not have a scooby doo why you're hell bent on bashing the club or anyone about this. Its bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom