• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ruben Neves

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

verbally agreed while not making a move and going for Auouar who was the one we wanted. once that fell we came back to him last day and said remember our talk, yeah last do it and his agent was like well things have changed. This is what we want now. If french boys family wasnt so greedy we wouldnt even answer Parteys agents call.

Is any of this even true? You can send send me sources as well if that helps. If I recall correctly we’d of got both had Aouars brother not hiked up demands. Bell who was reliable all throughout the saga said he was our number 1 target.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Rasmi you haven't got a clue.

We were stalling Partey to drive the price for Aouar down because we told the world we had no money. Activate the Partey clause and then going for Aouar means he would've been £50M+ and we wouldn't have stood a chance at that price. As it was I think we could've done a deal very cheap but his agent messed it up demanding stupid sums.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We were stalling Partey to drive the price for Aouar down because we told the world we had no money. Activate the Partey clause and then going for Aouar means he would've been £50M+ and we wouldn't have stood a chance at that price. As it was I think we could've done a deal very cheap but his agent messed it up demanding stupid sums.

This could be correct, I remember it was well documented we agreed a fee for Tierney and when the news came out about the 72M bid for Pepe they jacked up the fee for Kieran.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This could be correct, I remember it was well documented we agreed a fee for Tierney and when the news came out about the 72M bid for Pepe they jacked up the fee for Kieran.

Its logical. You have to remember who you're dealing with in terms of Lyon players. He's an almighty bellend and if we'd previously pleaded poverty to get a cheaper deal for Aouar then suddenly activate a £45M pure cash release clause it doesn't look great.

Aouar and Partey are also completely different players, it was well documented we wanted an attacking mid (Aouar) and Partey.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Here's how you catch @14Henry and expose him for the nothing burger that he is in most cases.

@14Henry, what made Klopp join Liverpool in 2015?
Management is completely different. You can get a big contract at 60 as easily as at 40.

And a managerial career is longer than a playing one. You've just made a **** out of yourself well done.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You live in this world where Arsenal is smarter than everyone else instead of looking at reality. You dont bid for your nr 1 target on deadline day. If you have identified him as nr 1 target you want to get him in early, settle and have pre season. Its amazing how some people will forgive any incompetency from the club. We could have met his release clause in June and focused on our targets and it would had zero effect on Aouar deal.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You live in this world where Arsenal is smarter than everyone else instead of looking at reality. You dont bid for your nr 1 target on deadline day. If you have identified him as nr 1 target you want to get him in early, settle and have pre season. Its amazing how some people will forgive any incompetency from the club. We could have met his release clause in June and focused on our targets and it would had zero effect on Aouar deal.

Or maybe these people doing the deals are far more savvy than you think? Realising we didn't have a lot of money last summer, realising what Lyon's president is like. The Bell confirmed that we were going to activate Partey's release clause, he was saying it all summer. He also mentioned that we waited to try and get the Aouar deal done. We bid for Aouar, it wasn't a huge bid, it was well under what we paid for Partey.

If you think activating a £45M cash release clause whilst chasing a deal for Aouar has no effect on the deal you are incredibly naive. There's no other word for it, this is reality, clubs look at that sort of thing and it completely effects the way you do a deal and the amount you pay up front for the other player.

I mean some people just don't understand business, I think you're one of them. Naive guy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Or maybe these people doing the deals are far more savvy than you think? Realising we didn't have a lot of money last summer, realising what Lyon's president is like. The Bell confirmed that we were going to activate Partey's release clause, he was saying it all summer. He also mentioned that we waited to try and get the Aouar deal done. We bid for Aouar, it wasn't a huge bid, it was well under what we paid for Partey.

If you think activating a £45M cash release clause whilst chasing a deal for Aouar has no effect on the deal you are incredibly naive. There's no other word for it, this is reality, clubs look at that sort of thing and it completely effects the way you do a deal and the amount you pay up front for the other player.

I mean some people just don't understand business, I think you're one of them. Naive guy.
Or they more savvy than me and you yes....are they more savvy than the clubs they are dealing with? Nope. Nothing in the people doing our deals says they are very good at their jobs or has a past that shows that. so the idea Arsenal is somehow outsmarting Lyon and atletico is laughable. Club knows on average what clubs can afford. It was always gonna be one of Partey or Aouar.....not both. It was Partey in the end. arguing we wanted both and could afford both is pointless argument cause we didnt get both. In the end we wanted to strengthen our midfield last year and we did it on deadline day when we had all summer. twist it all you want, but those are the facts.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Or they more savvy than me and you yes....are they more savvy than the clubs they are dealing with? Nope. Nothing in the people doing our deals says they are very good at their jobs or has a past that shows that. so the idea Arsenal is somehow outsmarting Lyon and atletico is laughable. Club knows on average what clubs can afford. It was always gonna be one of Partey or Aouar.....not both. It was Partey in the end. arguing we wanted both and could afford both is pointless argument cause we didnt get both. In the end we wanted to strengthen our midfield last year and we did it on deadline day when we had all summer. twist it all you want, but those are the facts.

Question then... how come we got Ødegaard in January if we wasn't in for Aouar? How come we still want an attacking mid despite having Partey here?

What you're saying doesn't really make sense because they're completely different players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Question then... how come we got Ødegaard in January if we wasn't in for Aouar? How come we still want an attacking mid despite having Partey here?

What you're saying doesn't really make sense because they're completely different players.
We got him in January because we were desperate for reinforcement as we were at that time breaking records for how bad we were. He was available in january after staying at real from his loan and not getting any game time. so more than anything a good player became available on loan and we had nothing to lose as there was no obligation to buy. I dont get what this have to do with me saying last summers window was a clusterfvck while you seem to say they knew what they were doing and did well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We got him in January because we were desperate for reinforcement as we were at that time breaking records for how bad we were. He was available in january after staying at real from his loan and not getting any game time. so more than anything a good player became available on loan and we had nothing to lose as there was no obligation to buy. I dont get what this have to do with me saying last summers window was a clusterfvck while you seem to say they knew what they were doing and did well.

I've never said they did it well, but they did know what they were doing. Any big club would've got Partey in straight away and then paid the £50M required for Aouar. However our owners wouldn't facilitate that.

We wanted a AM from the very start of the window after being linked with Coutinho man come on, you're now just being silly. Accept you were wrong, we can move on. Back to Neves.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've never said they did it well, but they did know what they were doing. Any big club would've got Partey in straight away and then paid the £50M required for Aouar. However our owners wouldn't facilitate that.

We wanted a AM from the very start of the window after being linked with Coutinho man come on, you're now just being silly. Accept you were wrong, we can move on. Back to Neves.
ok I accept you were wronf. Now the good news. No links to Neves for days.....maybe its already dead?

Tom349

Been watching a bit of Neves last couple of days and the player he is most like is the manager, his game is so much like Artetas its not funny.

Far better defender than given credit for in the same way that made Arteta so good defensively with intelligence and an understanding of the game that few have. Keeping his feet instead of sliding in, leaning his body into his opponent and proceeding to win the ball cleanly, knowing when to press and when to retreat and seeing the play unfold before him and be able to step up and intercept.

Similar type of passer although potentially more room to improve outside of the Wolves system where no players are available between the lines and everything is either over the top or down the wings to Neto or Traore.

This thread here actually makes for an interesting comparison to the current situation where we are talking about what type of midfielder should partner Partey. The midfield partner most wanted alongside Arteta back then Partey fits the bill perfectly.

GunnerShy

If we want to go to a 4-3-3 and be any good at it then I think the player at the base of that needs to be a Kante/Fernandinho/Fabinho type player, not Xhaka 2.1

Either he gets some more progressive midfielders and roles Party into the defensive slot or he signs Bissouma or similar. Can't see how this guy takes us to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom